HR Boards
March 03, 2024, 01:49:09 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Despicable Me 4 premieres in theaters July 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, February 19, 2024  (Read 147 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: February 19, 2024, 03:15:12 AM »

Pretty good list this week!

Marvel Unlimited
Silver Surfer Rebirth Legacy 3
Alpha Flight 4
Children of the Vault 4
Uncanny Avengers 4

DC Universe Ultra
John Constantine, Hellblazer: Dead in America 1
Green Arrow 8
The Flash 5
The Penguin 6

Hoopla
Conan the Barbarian Vol 1: Bound in Black Stone (Collects issues 1-4)

------------------------------------------------------

« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 12:36:22 PM by Jeff » Logged

If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2024, 04:32:57 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Alpha Flight 4
Children of the Vault 4
Uncanny Avengers 4

DC Universe Ultra
Green Arrow 8
The Flash 5
The Penguin 6

Hoopla

Silver Surfer Rebirth Legacy 3 - great book and an even better cliffhanger! I cant wait for the next issue!

Alpha Flight 4 - oh no! What an unexpected ending! This good book just got even better!

Children of the Vault 4 - Wasnt expecting it to end with issue 4.  A fine ending and turned out to be a decent mini.

Uncanny Avengers 4 - fair issue.  Captain Krakoas identity is revealed and for me it was a let down. I truly dont care for this villain.

If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2024, 06:42:17 PM »

Been awhile since I had a thicker pull.

Batman #144... last issue.
Batman Superman: World's Finest #24
Edge of Spider-Verse #1.. curious
Jaguar #1... I read her when she was with Impact
Nightwing #111
Rise of Powers of X #2
Titans #8
Ultimate Spider-Man #2
X-Force #49
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 03:21:15 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Alpha Flight 4
Children of the Vault 4
Uncanny Avengers 4

DC Universe Ultra
Green Arrow 8
The Flash 5
The Penguin 6

Hoopla

John Constantine, Hellblazer: Dead in America 1 - lol. The ending made me laugh.  A good first issue with a lot happening in it.  Im in for this mini.

Green Arrow 8 - An ok issue.  Not near as good as the past issues.  And I'm starting to get weary of the art.  Hopefully next issue will pull me back in.

The Flash 5 - Excellent issue! I think this was my favorite of the series so far.  Lot of action. Lot of emotion. A lot of fun.

The Penguin 6 - Another stellar issue with part 1 of a story from Penguin's beginnings.  Complete with an "oh no he didn't" moment that will make you shake your fist!

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2024, 03:44:03 PM »

Batman #144
Nightwing #111
Titans #8

Batman #144 - Ended on a better note than I expected. Still my last issue. Need a bit of a break from Brucey.

Nightwing #111 - another solid issue. I'm glad this is back to being a solo title (no Titans).

Titans #8 - the evil doppelganger has been done before but this lead into a new arc is interesting. Side note... didn't the original Trigon have three sets of eyes? Did he lose a pair in Rebirth?
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2024, 08:29:36 PM »

Looks like another 2 week catch up!!

MARVEL UNLIMITED

Thanos 1 -Not very strong to start. Randomly chasing a death aspect. Kinda yawn for a 1st issue hook
Amazing Spider-man 37 - I read it. It happened.
GODS 2 -Hopefully better in the completion. Kinda like I'm reading an Eternal issue, and we all know how I feel about that  boring property
Punisher 1 - Angry vigilante d/t loss of family. I"ll read it. Nothing mind blowing here.
Daredevil 3 -Saladin Ahmed writes the most 'okayest' type stories of all. Much like Fantastic Four, and GoTG, I think I read the first 5-6 issues, then ditch it if that's the best you can put out to show people.
Superior Spider-man 1 - I utterly despise this Spider Boy nonsense. I hate it. Just hate it. And having it tag along with a return of Dr. Ock to his Superior Spider-man days conflicts me so much. Cuz I love Doc Ock stories
Ghost Rider 20 - I dig this each month
Children of the Vault 4 -great stuff! I love Cable and Bishop on a mission!
Immortal Thor 4 - Ahmed, pay attention to what Ewing is doing in his first 4 issues!! Fun big Thor stuff! No build up, it's just...here we go! Cheesy
Silver Surfer Rebirth 3 - this has only been 3 issues? I'm enjoying it so much!!
Blade 5 -remember how I really trashed the 1st issue? Must have been a bad day for me, as I just came around on this series and have really enjoyed each issue!!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 09:05:48 PM by Jimmy T » Logged

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2024, 09:13:45 PM »

DC ULTRA

Titans Beast World 5 - OH, so THAT'S Dr. Hate!!!
Nightwing 109 I think  -cute little story of helping a little brother
Green Arrow 8 - not impressed with this one. Also, I thought
Brick was dead???
Penguin 6 - GREAT!!
Detective 1081  - I Liked it a lot! Picking back up for me !!
Flash 5 - oh wow, a superhero story, but the family line just hit the bullseye here!!
Power Girl 5 - a cute little Streaky Super cat issue. Simple reading

and retro...

Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes 197, 200-201, 222-225!!
And scattered Adventure Comics 300,304, 306,310,312, 316,340,341, 346,347!! So much Legion comics! Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2024, 05:45:06 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Alpha Flight 4
Children of the Vault 4
Uncanny Avengers 4

DC Universe Ultra
Green Arrow 8
The Flash 5
The Penguin 6

Hoopla

Conan the Barbarian Vol 1: Bound in Black Stone (Collects issues 1-4) - I really enjoyed this story even though Im not a big Conan fan.  The art is great and the story engaging. Ill definitely be back for more.

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2024, 10:07:01 PM »

Batman Superman: World's Finest #24
Jaguar #1

Batman Superman: World's Finest #24 - Not the ending I expected and still a very good wrap-up.

Jaguar #1- the art and paneling was a bit hard to follow. Her "origin" seems a little simplistic, but I will get the next few issues and give her a try.
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2024, 02:10:47 PM »

Edge of Spider-Verse #1
Ultimate Spider-Man #2

Edge of Spider-Verse #1 - Never really followed the extended Spider multiverse but this was a fun issue with interesting characters. I may pick up the rest of the mini-series to "meet" the others.

Ultimate Spider-Man #2 - LOVE this series! It's like an extended What If story. This version of Peter is my fave (still despise MJ).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS