HR Boards
February 28, 2024, 02:01:40 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Marvels -SPOILERS inside  (Read 135 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: November 26, 2023, 04:59:18 PM »

Okay, so spoilers.

'The Marvels' was fun to watch, but poorly edited and badly made. The movie continually moved with great leaps of logic, and honestly too much nonsense.
||The singing planet was set up for a joke punch line ("he's bilingual"), Carol never goes back to see if they could fight against the wormhole sucking water/to see if anyone is alive at all-it's utterly forgotten.
Dar-Benn-how powerful are Kree? Carol can wipe out everyone as she becomes known as the Annihilator, TAKE ON THANOS BY HERSELF TO A STANDSTILL, but can't defeat Dar Benn by herself? And not with 3 others either? But a piece of drywall and the steel girder frame falls on Dar Benn and that pierces her?
Also, what is in that hammer??? You smack the band and Mario Bros Warp zone appears/ why??
Because that's what you wanted your plot to do, and I hate that kind of writing.
No one goes back to fight more on the water planet, because that plot point is done; move onto the next. Why does Goose suddenly reproduce like crazy in the space station? to make a joke about everyone getting swallowed because the plot wanted it in destroying the station.
Also, I don't think that's how stars work! Nuclear fusion doesn't need a jumpstart like a battery!
Too much of the film is written to serve the plot need of the moment, then is discarded once the next seen is set. That's a poor made movie, to me.

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2024, 10:12:36 PM »

Finally got around to seeing it and I enjoyed it. It was fun but nothing more. I kept hoping to see the Nova Corps. The post credit scene was the only highlight of the movie and I saw spoilers months ago for that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS