HR Boards
March 03, 2024, 11:10:14 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MCU casts Reed Richards for new Fantastic Four film  (Read 142 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: November 16, 2023, 01:15:48 AM »

Hmmm.  I think he might be told old for this part…

https://screenrant.com/mcu-fantastic-four-movie-reed-richards-pedro-pascal-cast/?utm_campaign=TrueAnthem-SR&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3l42-tYU3z9WlnzKporHAMVrA6K6J_z2majn-cpJSh9zSZWoiUBZtK3uI_aem_AWE2rcgKaYgsuR9K2_sblRjVaQDj5udgwjVZKPDfv8r2bfjeVsBsWiZwJRGqjWs8Uik
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 01:18:47 AM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2023, 02:54:57 AM »

I don't know...I don't know if I feel I can trust a Marvel movie coming out anymore.

Apparently that book that came out about the history and making of the Marvel movies is rather telling!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2023, 08:32:07 AM »

Saw this yesterday on Beyond the Trailer with my girl Grace Randolph. She said that Marvel has offered him the role, but as of now (yesterday at 4 pm) he hadn't locked in yet. After trying to get two other people for the role, including Adam Driver (yes, please) and more recently Dr. Who's Matt Smith (no thank you), who both turned it down due to money offered, it is now Pascal's offer.

While I agree there could be better choices visually, I think Pascal can knock it out of the park. I think he is a great actor (WW 1984 not withstanding... thanks Patty Jenkins!!) and he is only 4 years older than John Krasinski, who I think looked great as Reed. Also, most of the images going around are of Pascal aged up and looking on the rougher side, for his role as Joel, but I think if you move the grey to his temples...

Now again, don't get me wrong, Pascal wouldn't be my first choice based on appearance, but hey I remember being a little pissy about a certain pretty boy playing the Joker at one point and boy was I wrong on that one
 Cheesy Cheesy

Also, this movie is seemingly going to be about Sue Storm more than anything, as Grace has reported at least, which makes me both happy, as I love Sue, but sad as I am scared if this is true, how Marvel may work this as a female lead and not a "team". But after Marvels, hopefully they are rewriting as I type this
 Cheesy

But yeah, I agree, Jimmy, while I don't know about the book you are referencing, Marvel has a lot more problems than who is playing what role. They need Feige to step back up his game. Although, I think they are still better than what Sony is doing with the Spider-Man franchise right now, but...  Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2023, 02:30:32 PM »

please NO!!! Didn't like him in WW84 and I will always like of him as the Mandalorian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS