HR Boards
April 16, 2024, 07:38:34 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, May 29, 2023 - Memorial Day!  (Read 443 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 29, 2023, 04:09:54 AM »

MU has already dropped so I’m getting a jump on this week!

Marvel Unlimited
Deadpool 4
Strange Academy Finals 4
Immoral X-Men 1 - Sins of Sinister
Black Panther (1998) 4
Black Panther (1998) 5
Black Panther (1998) 6

DC Universe Ultra
Batman 135   
Batman & The Joker: The Deadly Duo 7      
Shazam! 1   
The Flash 798   
The Joker: The Man Who Stopped Laughing 8   

Comixology
Image! 30th Anthology #12 (of 12)
Dawn of DC Primer - Free Special Edition
FCBD:  Umbrella Academy
FCBD:  Conan the Barbarian
FCBD:  Star Trek Prelude to Day of Blood
FCBD:  Star Wars The High Republic

Hoopla
Saga 64

------------------------------------------------------

« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 04:53:43 AM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2023, 05:16:48 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Deadpool 4
Strange Academy Finals 4

Black Panther (1998) 4
Black Panther (1998) 5
Black Panther (1998) 6

DC Universe Ultra
Batman 135   
Shazam! 1   
The Flash 798   

Comixology

Hoopla
Saga 64

Deadpool 4 - Another one of those books I don’t really want to read but still get sucked in by the story.  I gotta find out what happens next.

Strange Academy Finals 4 - this reads so fast! I want more! Good issue. The stand off is coming.

Immoral X-Men 1 - Sins of Sinister - Man this is getting creepy.  Nice stand-off with Sinister and Emma.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2023, 07:37:07 AM »

Immoral X-Men #1 - Gillen just killin'  Grin Love how his writing always seems to carry just the right amount of humor. I knew very little regarding Sinister before I started on this Hickman X Universe, but now that I know more of the character, I can see why Kieron Gillen loves the character so much. Sinister fits Gillen's style so perfectly

Thor #31 - No idea why I downloaded this book, but it was probably due to the Nick Klein cover. Was I lost reading this? You bet I was. It's been awhile since I dove back into this comic (I have missed it), but I got most of it  Smiley

Dr. Strange: Fall Sunrise #4 - "Imaginative" story, I will say that. Goes way down a "Cosmic Persona" hole, metaphysical in nature, an "essence of being" type story and while I didn't enjoy this as much as his Surfer mini, I could trip on Moore's visuals all day long. I hope there is another one coming, another Tradd Moore written and drawn book I mean

Shazam! #1 - I am not a Shazam fan. I like the idea, I have liked some of his books in the past, but over the last 20 years or so, Shazam has done nothing for me. This title won me over in the first few pages. Not only is the writing tight (well, duh) and the art fantastic (though not well inked in the first couple pages for some reason? An editorial change that gave Mora little time to change, perhaps?), the coloring for this was spot on as well. And without saying too much, I loved the message board names and the slight F-you's towards a certain mouse owned company.  Cheesy

LoSH (1989) #12 - The Five Years later tale continues. After the Infinite Crisis changes are made, and we found ourselves without a Legion, we are getting close to getting the band back together. More and more Ex-Legionnaires showing up now, some that have been around in the background making their way forward with some new ones popping up as well. The Legion is about to be reformed. Lookout Khunds!!!

Still to come, at some point  Cheesy -

Strange Academy Finals #4
Batman #135  
Peacemaker Tries Hard #1 (Steve Pugh art? Yes please!)
More Legion (hopefully)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 12:12:53 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2023, 03:07:03 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Deadpool 4
Strange Academy Finals 4

Black Panther (1998) 4
Black Panther (1998) 5
Black Panther (1998) 6

DC Universe Ultra
Batman 135   
Shazam! 1   
The Flash 798   

Comixology

Hoopla
Saga 64

Got really busy at work this week and didn’t get very far with my list.  Going to have roll over a lot to next week.

Batman 135   - I guess this was alright after all. Got a little fan servicey for a bit but came through in the end.

Saga 64 - Another good Chapter in the Saga adventure.  At this pace though I should’ve waited for this in trade.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2023, 01:20:43 PM »

Saga 64 - Another good Chapter in the Saga adventure.  At this pace though I should’ve waited for this in trade.

Decided after issue #62 to do just that. I have yet to read 63 or 64 as this book reads so much better collected, I am waiting for that. It isn't easy, but I know I will be rewarded
 Grin

Okay, knocked out the remaining hopefuls, but not much else -

Strange Academy Finals #4 - Good, but feeling like this arc has gone on for far too long.

Batman #135 - I enjoyed MOST of the... places visited... but some took me out of the story. Even still, good issue

Peacemaker Tries Hard #1 - Pugh's art is amazing, the book is fine, but too tied into the tv show. I loved the show, but I am tired of the movies/tv influence on comics. EI: Nick Fury. I just wanted a Peacemaker comic, not a tv script with art
 Angry
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 01:22:46 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS