HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 07:58:19 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Marvel puts Thunderbolts production on hold indefinitely  (Read 452 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: May 26, 2023, 02:26:03 PM »

Blade and Wonder Man have also been affected by the WGA strike

Another Marvel project has been put on hold due to the ongoing writers' strike – production on Thunderbolts has been paused indefinitely until a deal is reached and the strike comes to an end, Deadline reports. Filming on the anti-hero ensemble movie was meant to kick off next month in Atlanta, but now nothing is due to kick off until the WGA strike is called off. 

Production has also recently been put on hold on upcoming TV show Wonder Man, which had been shooting in Los Angeles. Blade, the upcoming movie starring Mahershala Ali as the titular vampire hunter, has also been delayed due to the strikes, while Daredevil: Born Again has also faced disruptions.

The WGA has been on strike since May 2 after negotiations to reach a new deal with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers fell through. The main reason for the strike is unsatisfactory pay and members also have demands for regulations for the "use of material produced using artificial intelligence or similar technologies."

As for what we can expect from Thunderbolts, we've previously seen Contessa Valentina Allegra de Fontaine (Julia Louis-Dreyfus) recruit the disgraced John Walker (Wyatt Russell) for an unknown project at the end of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, before doing the same with Yelena (Florence Pugh) in the post-credits scene after Black Widow.

That project, it turns out, was the Thunderbolts, a group of supervillains (or characters that have been antagonists at one point or another within the MCU) who go on government missions. David Harbour, Sebastian Stan, Olga Kurylenko, and Hannah John-Kamen will also star.

Thunderbolts is/was due to hit the big screen on July 26, 2024.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2023, 08:37:04 PM »

So, there's obviously 2 results of WGA strike

A); this will utterly tank the MCU's limited progress so far

B); people will be foaming at the mouth to see all this stuff return after a big gap!!

I'm wondering if A will be the more likely result....

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2023, 02:51:23 PM »

I really think that if Flash hits (Damn I am so hoping it rocks) it will help both DC and Marvel. The "comic" movie universe needs a shot in the arm since Marvel's last few... less than stellar outputs (GoTG3 excluded as I haven't seen it yet. MONDAY!) Especially on the tv side. Loki was the only (Live action) winner. I mean What If was cool, but both Vision and Wanda as well as Moon Knight started out really well done, but then ended up looking like the Star Wars tv special when it was all said and done.

Another good thing, I think, is Marvel is going to scale back the release amounts per year, I heard.

Still need Flash to kick ass though.

Come on Barry!!!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS