HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:04:25 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, May 22, 2023  (Read 805 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 22, 2023, 03:25:03 AM »

Had to rollover stuff from last week so now I have huge list this week!

Marvel Unlimited
Storm & the Brotherhood of Mutants 1 - Sins of Sinister
Nightcrawlers 1 - Sins of Sinister
Wolverine 30
X-Men 19
Fantastic Four 4
Mary Jane & Black Cat 3 - Dark Web fall out
Wasp 2

DC Universe Ultra    
Batman/Superman: World’s Finest 14   
Black Adam 10
DCeased: War of the Undead Gods 8   
Nightwing 103
Superman 3   
The Flash 797   
The Vigil 1
Action Comics 1054      
Detective Comics 1071   
Green Arrow 1   
Unstoppable Doom Patrol 2

Hoopla
We Only Find Them When They’re Dead 15

------------------------------------------------------

« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 04:05:21 AM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2023, 02:14:11 PM »

Adding the new Jed McKay Avengers book.

Marvel Unlimited
Wolverine 30
X-Men 19
Fantastic Four 4
Wasp 2
ADD: The Avengers 1

DC Universe Ultra    
Black Adam 10
Nightwing 103
Superman 3   
The Flash 797   
The Vigil 1
Action Comics 1054      
Detective Comics 1071   
Green Arrow 1   

Hoopla

« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 04:05:39 AM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2023, 02:12:29 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Wolverine 30
X-Men 19

Fantastic Four 4
Wasp 2
The Avengers 1

DC Universe Ultra    
Black Adam 10
Nightwing 103
Superman 3   
The Flash 797   
The Vigil 1
Action Comics 1054      
Detective Comics 1071   
Green Arrow 1   

Hoopla

Storm & the Brotherhood of Mutants 1 - I liked it.  Felt more like an issue 1 for the whole event than Sins of Sinister 1.  Lots of setup for the new world.

Nightcrawlers 1 - A little trippy but what else would you expect from Spurrier.  I like it and I’m enjoying this event so far.

Wolverine 30 - Wow! Ok so I wasn’t enjoying this at all for the first half of the book. I don’t like the Black Tom Cassidy character as portrayed in this new world. It was killing my enjoyment for sure. But holy cow what a turn the second half of the book had!  I totally got sucked into it and can’t wait to read the fallout from this!

X-Men 19 - Excellent issue!  This would be my favorite X-Men book if Immortal X-Men didn’t exist.  But it is close.  Three different story arcs in this one and all have me drawn in.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 04:06:08 AM by Jeff » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2023, 03:57:44 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Wolverine 30
X-Men 19

Fantastic Four 4
Wasp 2
The Avengers 1

DC Universe Ultra    
Black Adam 10
Nightwing 103
Superman 3   
The Flash 797   
The Vigil 1
Action Comics 1054      
Detective Comics 1071   
Green Arrow 1   

Hoopla

Fantastic Four 4 - Another great issue. I’m loving these one issue stories while a larger arc plays in the background.  So much fun.

Mary Jane & Black Cat 3 - A lot more fun than I thought it would be. I’m normally not a big fan of S’ym but he was fun in this issue.

Wasp 2 - better than issue 1.  The mystery deepens and got me curious.  I’m in for the rest of this after all.

The Avengers 1 - Good first issue setup and gathering of the team.

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2023, 04:10:10 PM »

DC Universe Ultra    
Nightwing 103
Superman 3   
The Flash 797   
The Vigil 1
Detective Comics 1071   
Green Arrow 1   

Really curious to see what you think of Vigil. I loved GA and DP!!!
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2023, 04:14:37 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Wolverine 30
X-Men 19

Fantastic Four 4
Wasp 2
The Avengers 1

DC Universe Ultra    
Black Adam 10

Nightwing 103
Superman 3   
The Flash 797   
The Vigil 1
Action Comics 1054      
Detective Comics 1071   
Green Arrow 1   

Hoopla

Batman/Superman: World’s Finest 14 - Enjoying this.  I like the addition of heroes like Metamorpho.

Black Adam 10 - only two issues left after this one! Things come to a boiling point and this fun series is close to wrapping up.

DCeased: War of the Undead Gods 8 - a decent end to the series. I’m definitely done with this world but it was a fun ride.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2023, 01:47:17 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Wolverine 30
X-Men 19

Fantastic Four 4
Wasp 2
The Avengers 1

DC Universe Ultra    
Black Adam 10

Nightwing 103
Superman 3   
The Flash 797   
The Vigil 1

Action Comics 1054      
Detective Comics 1071   
Green Arrow 1   

Hoopla

Nightwing 103 - Taylor pretty much lost me with computers in hell and “we can save Olivia’s soul with local government!”

Superman 3 - And I’m out.  Didn’t enjoy anything about these three issues.

The Flash 797 - Ouch I’m 0-3 on these.  This issue was written at the level of a 12 year old.  Not too much fun for me.

The Vigil 1 - Ah much better! A shining light for today.  I liked this a lot.  I’m onboard for the Vigil. 

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2023, 12:35:29 PM »

Good lord, three weeks flew by.

Been forever since I posted (sorry) but going to try and get back on course. Not going to try and remember everything I read over the course of said time, but I will comment on what I do remember, and plan to get rolling anew this Monday!

Worlds Finest #14 - Still loving this!!

DCeased #8 - I agree with Jeff. I enjoyed it, but should have did this in the last mini... I mean finish the story as this just ran too long.

Nightwing #103 - HAHA, didn't get to the iHell part  Grin as I read the first couple pages, found it uninspiring and flipped through the rest. I asked the guys if I should go back and actually read the issue. Guess not  Cheesy

Superman #3 - Art goes from cool (for me) animation cell style to quite abysmal faces and features. Totally understand why I may be the only reader of this title. That is so damn weird. Me? Being the solo Supes reader?  Cheesy

Vigil #1 - Jeff enjoyed this and I am happy for him  Wink

Green Arrow #1 - Loooved it!!!

LoSH (1989) #'s 5-11 and Annual #1 - Really starting to enjoy this now, aside from the constant and continuing "duck-lips" that Keith Giffen is drawing on the characters in almost every. Single. Panel!!!! STOP IT!!!!

Daredevil #8 - I like Zdarski, but looking forward to the new regime  Undecided

Joe Fix-It #2 - "Dynamite art" Blah. Uninteresting look makes an "Okay" story almost unreadable to me. It's not "bad", but with so may good books out, I can't waste my time on books that are boring in both structure and detail  Undecided

Invincible Iron Man #3 - First issue was good, grabbed me, regretted it more with each new issue. "Uninteresting look makes an "Okay" story almost unreadable to me. It's not "bad", but with so may good books out, I can't waste my time on books that are boring in both structure and detail  Undecided "

Danny Ketch: Ghost Rider #1 - Art was a little more interesting, darker, so that fit the tone (something I am a huge fan of... art style and coloring matching the tone of the book), but... hahaha.... I doubt I will be back. It's fine. But again, too much to read, too little time.

Avengers #1 - Okay, sure, I will bite.

X-Men #19 - This was fine. It was okay. Wish I had the enjoyment level that Jeff receives from this book, but... yeah, it's fine

Nightcrawlers #1 - Loved this crazy ass book.

Wolverine #30 - I am here for the Ryp art, but this may have been the best Percy comic I have read.

Storm and the Brotherhood #1 - Ewing could have done a little better with the Hologram transition
(from Mystique to Mystique/Wizkid)
but it was fine. Enjoyable. Not as good as Nightcrawlers, but respectable

Captain America: Cold War Alpha - I'm out! Not gong to read both Cap titles and the story has been going downhill for over the last couple months anyway  Undecided

Fantastic Four #4 - You can't imagine how much this book hits me. MY family. MY FF. Loved this issue while still hating the way they are drawing Ben's brow to look like he's wearing a GOD DAMN BASEBALL HAT  Angry Angry
Luckily, most of the issue has the great Ben Scowl, so his brow is nice and arched, but stuff like the last panel in this book... and this is not by any means the most egregious... but this shit does bug me.    

« Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 01:02:31 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2023, 08:07:44 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Wolverine 30
X-Men 19

Fantastic Four 4
Wasp 2
The Avengers 1

DC Universe Ultra    
Black Adam 10

Nightwing 103
Superman 3   
The Flash 797   
The Vigil 1

Action Comics 1054      
Detective Comics 1071

Green Arrow 1   

Hoopla

Action Comics 1054 - I enjoyed this Superman story.  I’ll stick around for more. Especially with the next villain coming up.

Detective Comics 1071   - more history and progression.  Backup story wrapped up well also.

We Only Find Them When They’re Dead 15 - MIND…COMPLETELY…BLOWN.  This final issue brings it all together in a fantastically unbelievable way.  I’ll be rolling this over in my brain for several days. Now that it all makes sense I’m going to have flip through the whole series again and look for the clues that were obviously there.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2023, 03:30:25 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Wolverine 30
X-Men 19

Fantastic Four 4
Wasp 2
The Avengers 1

DC Universe Ultra    
Black Adam 10

Nightwing 103
Superman 3   
The Flash 797   
The Vigil 1

Action Comics 1054      
Detective Comics 1071

Green Arrow 1   

Hoopla

Green Arrow 1 - I’m all in. It’s as good as everyone says it is.

Unstoppable Doom Patrol 2 - I’m starting to get into this.  The art takes getting used to but the story is pulling me in. Especially with that unexpected twist!

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2023, 02:00:07 PM »

I am enjoying Green Arrow and Doom Patrol. Sadly, they're only mini-series.

I finished Batman #135 and think I am done with this title for awhile. I am enjoying Batman, Incorporated MUCH more.

The final Flash arc is interesting, despite the bad art. I don't know if I am going to read the reboot next month.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2023, 02:18:46 AM »

Hi guys!

Love you all!

but I am mentally wiped these last weeks from work, and even trying more 'computer work' with entering...or divising an opinion seems really, really hard.

I'm glad to read all the stuff here!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS