HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 10:42:06 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scarlet Witch returns for a self-titled ongoing series  (Read 1360 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: September 15, 2022, 09:12:28 PM »

Wanda Maximoff will star in a long-overdue new ongoing comics series launching in 2023

Marvel Comics has announced a new, self-titled ongoing series starring Wanda Maximoff, AKA the Scarlet Witch. Writer Steve Orlando, artist Sara Pichelli, and colorist Matt Wilson will team up for the new run, which will launch "a new era" for the fan-favorite character.

Following Wanda's redemption in X-Men: Trial of Magneto, she's reborn as a hero who uses her powers in a new way. Her goal? To help those who need it most using the magic she possesses...

By running her own magic shop. Hidden behind a secret door that can only be seen by those who need it most, seekers will find the Scarlet Witch after she's hit rock bottom and finally found peace. But when a woman enters the shop and tells Wanda "a terrifying story about a town gone mad," the witch will have to tackle the threat.

Since I first stepped into the House of Ideas, the Scarlet Witch has been with me – in fact, she was the star of my first Marvel work ever, kicking ass, weaving spells, and humbling Doom in Darkhold!" Orlando says in the announcement. "So, there was no way I could pass up the chance to work on Scarlet Witch.

"Wanda Maximoff has finally broken free of the shadows she's wrestled with for years. And now? Sara Pichelli, Russell Dauterman, and I are unveiling the next chapter of her powerful, improbable, magical life. When you have nowhere else to turn...you turn to the Scarlet Witch. And God help anyone who gets in her way."

The last time the Scarlet Witch starred in her own solo series was between 2015-2017, in a 15-issue run written by James Robinson. Now she's back in a whole different way, which artist Pichelli acknowledges in Marvel's announcement.

"You have been waiting Scarlet Witch's solo return for so long!" she says. "Finally that time has come and I'm truly honored my art was chosen to make this happen. Can't wait for you to see the book."

Scarlet Witch #1 will be available January 4, 2023, with cover art by Russell Dauterman seen here.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 10:05:00 PM by Jeff » Logged
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2022, 10:05:44 PM »

I'll bite and jump in for this!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2022, 05:07:57 PM »

I'll bite and jump in for this!

Same. I'll give the first arc a try.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2022, 12:29:44 PM »

Steve Orlando writing for my nickel's worth; is usually just 'really...okay' or downright poor. Not sure I'll enjoy this.

I can always be wrong!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2023, 08:52:50 PM »

First issue was okay, not stellar. Darcy from the MCU makes her comic book debut but I don't see this series lasting six months to a year.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2023, 09:15:10 PM »

Will probably be declared a mini-series instead of an ongoing by issue 6 or 7.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS