HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:46:09 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, April 17, 2023  (Read 924 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: April 16, 2023, 08:48:08 PM »

Hockey playoffs start this week which will occupy a lot of my time but I’m still going to try to get through these.

Marvel Unlimited
Dark Web: Mary Jane & Black Cat 2
Daredevil 7
X-Men 18
Wolverine 29

DC Universe Ultra    
Batman - One Bad Day: Ra’s Al Ghul 1  
Batman/Superman: World’s Finest 13  
Black Adam 9  
DCeased: War of the Undead Gods 7    
Nightwing 102  
Superman 2    
The Flash 795

Comixology
Image! 30th Anthology 10
Image! 30th Anthology 11

Hoopla
House of Slaughter 12
Once Upon a Time at the End of the World 3

------------------------------------------------------

« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 07:27:51 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2023, 02:07:20 PM »

Hi guys! Still here! Stuff going on! But I mean to post!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2023, 11:53:32 AM »

Man, Jimmy is not alone, time really got away from me...
And dang, two weeks almost and I have yet to start the Black Science title
 Angry Angry Angry

DCUltra
Nightwing #102
Batman - One Bad Day: Ra’s Al Ghul #1
DCeased: War of the Undead Gods #7
Superman #2
Swamp Thing: Green Hell #1
Swamp Thing: Green Hell #2
Swamp Thing: Green Hell #3
Legion of Super-Heroes #18

MU
Daredevil #7
Joe Fixit #1
Legion of X #9
X-Men #18

Other
Star Trek #2
Star Trek #3
Star Trek #4
Star Trek: Defiant #1
~Black Science v1 Premiere Edition (collects 1-16)
Black Science #1
Black Science #2
Black Science #3
Black Science #4

Nightwing - Hmmm, didn't really hit for me. I mean, its fine, I guess, I was excited for the reunion, but I hope it gets better than this. And I can't stand that stupid ass cloak Raven has been wearing. Go back to the plain cloak damn it. It works better to convey creepy, mystic, mysterious and that you are an adult not a 7 year old!!!  Grin

Daredevil - The art just ruined this for me. Actually had an artist draw speed lines from the wrong direction!  Roll Eyes

Joe Fixit - A little less fun for me than others. A little bit of things here that I think would have, should have been shown differently and the art is so damn non-descript (becoming a norm for Marvel  Angry) but I still enjoyed it for the most part and I do look forward to the next issue

X-Men - Art was better here, not great, but certainly better but man I am looking forward to the next three issues with a proper artist and subject matter than I can 'get into'  Wink

Legion of X - Very much a Legion comic as I always take a few minutes to think about what I read. As usual, not a title you can be tired and read, so I may.... perhaps... reread this one before I delete it. Maybe.

Star Trek - Honestly, in hindsight, this was better constructed than the first issue but one I will probably reread (or at least glance over) before going to the next issue just to make sure I got it all. As I started reading this issue while waiting for the Islanders game to start, I think I rushed through this issue after the first few pages as they started the game before I finished so... yeah... I may have rushed it a bit.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2023, 07:26:21 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Daredevil 7
X-Men 18
Wolverine 29

DC Universe Ultra    
Black Adam 9  
Nightwing 102  
Superman 2    
The Flash 795

Comixology
Image! 30th Anthology 10
Image! 30th Anthology 11

Hoopla
House of Slaughter 12

X-Men 18 - Hmmm. Not sure what I think of the current paradox. But the glimpse of what comes next has me jazzed!

Wolverine 29 - not a great issue this week.  More introspective Wolverines stuff that really we’ve seen too many times.  It really just sets you up for the upcoming confrontation with Beast but not a must read for even that.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 07:28:33 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2023, 12:10:13 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Daredevil 7

X-Men 18
Wolverine 29

DC Universe Ultra    
Black Adam 9  
Nightwing 102  
Superman 2    
The Flash 795

Comixology
Image! 30th Anthology 10
Image! 30th Anthology 11

Hoopla
House of Slaughter 12

Dark Web: Mary Jane & Black Cat 2 - Just ok.  I think this will get much better once Dark Web is over.

Daredevil 7 - Perry’s right that this arts not great this issue.  I’m ready for this Hand stuff to be over and we get back to normal.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2023, 04:34:20 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Daredevil 7

X-Men 18
Wolverine 29

DC Universe Ultra    
Black Adam 9  
Nightwing 102  
Superman 2    
The Flash 795

Comixology
Image! 30th Anthology 10
Image! 30th Anthology 11

Hoopla
House of Slaughter 12

House of Slaughter 12 - Oooo! Good part 2 for this arc!  I’m really liking this new character and potential villain.

Once Upon a Time at the End of the World 3 - Awesome! Another great Jason Aaron book is building out.  Really enjoying this one.

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2023, 03:55:40 PM »

DC Universe Ultra    
Black Adam 9  
Nightwing 102  
Superman 2    
The Flash 795

I am ready for the new Titans series to start. I prefer my Nightwing to be just him and not a huge ensemble.

Really enjoying the One Minute War and can't believe we are nearing issue #800  Shocked Shocked Shocked
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2023, 03:35:36 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Daredevil 7

X-Men 18
Wolverine 29

DC Universe Ultra    
Black Adam 9

Nightwing 102  
Superman 2    
The Flash 795

Comixology
Image! 30th Anthology 10
Image! 30th Anthology 11

Hoopla
House of Slaughter 12

Batman - One Bad Day: Ra’s Al Ghul 1  - An ok story. Stayed true to the character of Ra’s Al Ghul but the ending was disappointing.  What led up to it was good as was the art. But Ivan Reissue rarely disappoints.

Batman/Superman: World’s Finest 13  - Nice new arc. I like the Metamorpho guest appearance as well!  The mystery is afoot!

Black Adam 9 - interesting additions to Black Adam’s origin. Slower story but I liked it.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2023, 03:37:09 PM »

DC Universe Ultra    
Black Adam 9  
Nightwing 102  
Superman 2    
The Flash 795

I am ready for the new Titans series to start. I prefer my Nightwing to be just him and not a huge ensemble.

Really enjoying the One Minute War and can't believe we are nearing issue #800  Shocked Shocked Shocked

I haven’t quite got to those two yet but I already know I agree with you!  I’m looking forward to the Titans series as well.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2023, 05:48:47 PM »

luckily I just heard on one of my podcasts that I need to read Star Trek #5 BEFORE reading Star Trek: Defiant issue one. I need to add that to this week's it seems. Luckily issue 6 already hit so issue 5 will only be $2 (instead of the crazy standard $5)
 Roll Eyes

DCUltra
Nightwing #102
Superman #2

MU
Daredevil #7
Joe Fixit #1
Legion of X #9
X-Men #18

Other
Star Trek #2
Star Trek #3
Star Trek #4

Star Trek #5
Black Science #1
Black Science #2
Black Science #3
Black Science #4

One Bad Day: Ra's - I really like this issue, including the pencils/inking/coloring homage to a Neal Adams batman. THe art isn't a clone, but there is, I think, a certain style to this issue that screams in honor of Adams and the way he drew Ra's. Not only that, it was a good read. Certainly on the correct said of the enjoyment column for this series (with Riddler/Penguin/Clayface and most of Mr. Freeze... and not on the side that contains Catwoman/Two-face/Bane)  Grin

DCeased - Yes this is good (and I'm still love seeing
the Spectre with Alfred's mustache  Cheesy
but yeah, like Jeff, I will be glad when this last of the series wraps.

Superman - Once again this title wins me over. I love the art (and I will not get into more than that), but more importantly I am having fun with this title, although still not a fan of
all the \š/ flying around.

Would prefer less of those

Star Trek - Wow, I should've just starting this series at issue #3. Okay, not really, but I went from being sad that I paid for all four Trek issues up front to being very glad I did, because I would have stopped reading this series at that second issue. Was not having a great time. So glad I did pay ahead because I am really liking this now.  Cheesy
Oh and that cover to the third issue was nice

Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2023, 09:05:53 PM »

Knocked out the Lemire Swamp Thing mini

DCUltra
Nightwing #102
Superman #2

Legion of Super-Heroes #19
Legion of Super-Heroes #20
Legion of Super-Heroes #21

MU
Daredevil #7
Joe Fixit #1
Legion of X #9
X-Men #18

Other
Star Trek #2
Star Trek #3
Star Trek #4

Star Trek #5
Black Science #1
Black Science #2
Black Science #3
Black Science #4

Swampy - You know what you are getting with this character but with this particular setting, it did add a bit of finality to it all. Plus I enjoyed the guest stars. Yeah I liked it, didn't love it, but like it. All in all the art was great for this and ended up having a pleasant end.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 09:36:21 AM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2023, 09:27:02 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Daredevil 7

X-Men 18
Wolverine 29

DC Universe Ultra    
Black Adam 9

Nightwing 102  
Superman 2    
The Flash 795

Comixology
Image! 30th Anthology 10
Image! 30th Anthology 11

Hoopla
House of Slaughter 12

DCeased: War of the Undead Gods 7 - all right! We are close to being done!

Nightwing 102 - An ok issue.  Characterization fell a little flat for me but it’s early in a new direction so I’ll give it some time.

Superman 2 - This probably hits for some but I’m just not getting into it.  Also not a fan of this art.

The Flash 795 - ouch, this art almost killed the story for me.  Looks like they used different artists for different pages. The final artwork on the last pages was good though.  There’s too many speedsters these days but I don’t see the number getting smaller.  Looking forward to seeing how this turns out in the next issue!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 09:28:33 PM by Jeff » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2023, 03:54:21 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Daredevil 7

X-Men 18
Wolverine 29

DC Universe Ultra    
Black Adam 9

Nightwing 102  
Superman 2    
The Flash 795

Comixology
Image! 30th Anthology 10
Image! 30th Anthology 11

Hoopla
House of Slaughter 12

Image! 30th Anthology 10 & 11 - Almost to the end. A lot of the stories have been wrapping up. Some good, some just ok.  Looking forward to the final issue of this generally fun anthology.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS