HR Boards
April 16, 2024, 10:37:47 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, March 13, 2023  (Read 1350 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2023, 02:25:33 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Strange Academy Finals 2
Strange 8
Punisher 8
X-Men Red 9
X-Force 35
Immortal X-Men 9

Daredevil 6
The Variants 5
X-Treme X-Men 1
Secret Invasion 2
Fantastic Four 2
Dark Web 1

DC Universe Ultra
Batman Incorporated 5
Danger Street 3
Lazarus Planet: Dark Fate 1
WildC.A.T.s 4

Comixology
Image! 30th Anthology 9

Hoopla
Something is Killing the Children 28
Something is Killing the Children 29

------------------------------------------------------

Image! 30th Anthology 9
* The Blizzard part 9- Geoff Johns.  - the natives are getting restless and the internal tension is causing problems. Who will live and who will die? Thumbs still up.
* Criminal - Brubaker & Phillips. A Teeg Lawless Christmas tale. Goes about how you’d expect. Awesome.
* Hack/Slash vs Image part 5 - Tim Seeley. More bloody fights with superheroes. Too fun.
* Red Stitches part 9 - Brenden Fletcher. Such a weird story.  Looks like there are more crimes here than we knew!
* Stupid Fresh Mess part 9 - Scottie Young. Ha ha. Short cartoon about Elf on the Shelf.  Just so-so.
* Closer part 3 - Kieran Gillen. Not one of his best. Sadly pretty lame.
* Dead Eyes - Gerry Duggan. Criminal by day, hero by night? Weird premise but a merry Christmas.
* Gehenna part 9 - Patrick Kindlon. This is running too long. Past time to wrap it up.
* Familiar Fears - Chuck Brown. Meh. Witches and monsters.
* Billy Dogma part 9 - Dean Haspiel. One page chapters really drags this out…too much.

Hoopla
Something is Killing the Children 28 & 29 - More bloody messes for Erica to be in the thick of.  It’s all coming to a head and I’m loving every minute of it.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2023, 12:04:35 PM »

I am still reading my New Teen Titans (1984) #1-9. Packing to move in two weeks and haven't had a lot of time for new issues (online or LCS).

Well good luck on the move.
I am not jealous of you at all (I DESPISE MOVING)
 Grin

He foolishly thought my long boxes were going in the basement. LOL. NO!

Poor guy, unfamiliar with the laws and rules of our ways  Cheesy

Of course, after knocking a ton of books last week, I fall way short this week. Oh well...
An "ALL TITANS REVIEW"
 Grin

DCUltra
~Teen Titans by Geoff Johns Book Two (13-19+)
Teen Titans/Legion of Super-Heroes Special #1
Teen Titans #16
Teen Titans #17
Teen Titans #18

Teen Titans #19
~Teen Titans by Geoff Johns Book Three (20-31+)
Teen Titans #20
Teen Titans #21
Danger Street #3
Teen Titans Year One #1 (2008) <-- Added this 6 issue mini... which didn't help the list thing. HA!
Teen Titans Year One #2
Teen Titans Year One #3
Teen Titans Year One #4
Teen Titans Year One #5
Teen Titans Year One #6

~New Teen Titans v1 (Wolfman/Perez (1-8+) <-- Added... because yeah, I don't have enough to read  Angry
DC Comics Presents #26 (1980)
*Superboy #195 <-- Added to read the Legion story, along with a podcast. Also listened to their next episode's podcast, in preparation of reading Superboy issue 197 (the next issue with Legion in it), but DC Ultra doesn't have that issue.  Angry HAHA, my luck

MU

Other
~That Texas Blood v3
That Texas Blood #14
That Texas Blood #15
That Texas Blood #16
That Texas Blood #17
That Texas Blood #18
That Texas Blood #19

Teen Titans Year One - Now this started out sooo damn good. It didn't end poorly as much as it petered out. Still worth the read as it is super fast to get through, and the parts with Aqualad are pretty funny. I enjoyed it.

DC Comics Presents - Wow, that was rougher than I remembered Undecided  Getting all pumped up from Johns Titans stuff, I downloaded the first three volumes of these New Teen Titans trades, but... well... we will see. I remember these so damn fondly I would hate to ruin a memory. But yeah, I think once I get going I will be okay... I hope  Grin

Titans (Johns) - Issue 20 started a little all out of sorts as it starts right after the "beloved" (Grin) "Identity Crisis", so for the first three pages or so, I kept thinking I missed something, but then it became more clear. Good last page

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS