HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:15:00 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Despicable Me 4 premieres in theaters July 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, March 6, 2023  (Read 1194 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: March 06, 2023, 05:28:28 AM »

Big week for comics this week.  Luckily I’m on vacation!

DC Universe Ultra
Batman Incorporated 1
Batman Incorporated 2
Batman Incorporated 3
Batman Incorporated 0004
Wildstorm 30th Anniversary Special 1
W.I.L.D.C.A.T.S. 1
WildC.A.T.s 2
WildC.A.T.s 3
Batman 132
Batman & The Joker: The Deadly Duo 4
Gotham City: Year One 5
Lazarus Planet: Next Evolution 1
The Flash 792
The Joker: The Man Who Stopped Laughing 5

Comixology
Once Upon a Time at the End of the World 2

Hoopla
Saga 62

Marvel Unlimited
Punisher 8
X-Men Red 9
X-Force 35
Immortal X-Men 9
Daredevil 6
The Variants 5
X-Treme X-Men 1
Secret Invasion 2
Fantastic Four 2

------------------------------------------------------

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2023, 11:37:35 PM »

Surprise, surprise, the Marvel folks messed up the release for today.  Worked in my benefit though.  Got a lot downloaded early AND get to add two more!

DC Universe Ultra
Batman Incorporated 1
Batman Incorporated 2
Batman Incorporated 3
Batman Incorporated 0004
W.I.L.D.C.A.T.S. 1
WildC.A.T.s 2
WildC.A.T.s 3
Batman 132
The Flash 792

Comixology

Hoopla
Saga 62

Marvel Unlimited
ADD: Strange Academy Finals 2
ADD: Strange 8

Punisher 8
X-Men Red 9
X-Force 35
Immortal X-Men 9
Daredevil 6
The Variants 5
X-Treme X-Men 1
Secret Invasion 2
Fantastic Four 2

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2023, 05:39:34 PM »

DC Universe Ultra
Batman Incorporated 1
Batman Incorporated 2
Batman Incorporated 3
Batman Incorporated 0004

W.I.L.D.C.A.T.S. 1
WildC.A.T.s 2
WildC.A.T.s 3
Batman 132
The Flash 792

Comixology

Hoopla
Saga 62

Marvel Unlimited
Strange Academy Finals 2
Strange 8
Punisher 8
X-Men Red 9
X-Force 35
Immortal X-Men 9
Daredevil 6
The Variants 5
X-Treme X-Men 1
Secret Invasion 2
Fantastic Four 2

Batman Incorporated 1-4 - This took me awhile to get into.  Had to push myself to get through issue 1.  But by issue 3 the pieces started falling together and then I really got into the story.  I like it now and am looking forward to the next issue. There is a lot to like here if you can get past the first two issues.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2023, 06:30:26 PM »

Didn't get back to much of my list from last week, so once again I'm bringing the few issues that I did get to over to this weeks list... to ease my piss poor typing skills
 Grin
I have much more Marvel than I thought I would, including three or four that I am just peeking at, to see how I feel about them.

DCUltra
~Teen Titans by Geoff Johns Book One (1-12+)
Teen Titans #9
Teen Titans #10
Teen Titans #11
Teen Titans #12

~Teen Titans by Geoff Johns Book Two (13-19+)
Beast Boy #1 (of 4)
Beast Boy #2
Beast Boy #3
Beast Boy #4 (of 4)
Teen Titans #13
Teen Titans #14
Teen Titans #15
Batman #131
Batman #132

Batman & The Joker: Deadly Duo #3
Batman & The Joker: Deadly Duo #4
Gotham City: Year One #5

MU
Captain America: Sentinel #7
Captain Marvel #44 (Solely because of the cover. Like being at the LCS, it screamed at me so I'm trying it)
Daredevil #1 (2022)
Daredevil #2
Daredevil #3
Daredevil #4
Daredevil #5
Daredevil #6

Fantastic Four #2 (re-read)
Immortal X-Men #9
Planet Hulk: Worldbreaker #1 (Had no intention of reading this, and still may not  Grin, but yeah, just another peek)
Punisher #8
Strange #8
Strange Academy: Finals #2 (Because Jeff berated me for saying I was dropping it last month Grin ....  Wink)
Secret Invasion #2 (Said I wasn't going to follow this title, but kept thinking about it and... well... we'll see)
Thanos: Death Notes #1 (Ties into Thor, it seems, and I am no longer reading that, but I was intrigued)
Variants #5
X-Men Red #9

Other
Saga #62
That Texas Blood #7
That Texas Blood #8
That Texas Blood #9
That Texas Blood #10
That Texas Blood #11
That Texas Blood #12

Teen Titans - Oh what an F'n joy that was!! I really wanted to jump into That Texas Blood this week, but I may have to re-borrow that one so I can get through this Teen Titans stuff. This is hitting me so good that I am thinking about adding not only the older Titans series, but... knowing that Johns wrote some Legion stuff... adding the old Baxter paper, LoSH stuff (AGAIN)  Grin

Batman - These last two issues have been much better than the first part of this arc. enjoying both the main and back-up stories here!

Gotham City - I am really glad that Jimbo and Jeff talked me into this series, but damn do I wish I just started now.  Grin The wait for the last issue is going to kill me. This is going to be a hell of a collection. There are two pages, I think two, yeah, two pages that use this cool art technique that I really liked. Reminded me a the old pulp paperback covers of old

Cap - Bottom line, this is an incredibly researched, well drawn and well written comic but... yeah, but... for some reason, no idea why, but for some reason I find myself only partially enjoying it. This is one deep issue that I did enjoy, but I am still not "pulled in" as much as I feel I should be. That is a shame. I hope a lot of Cap fans are enjoying though.

Daredevil - I had mentioned, not too long ago, that I have not been enjoying Electra in this book. That I felt she was bringing my enjoyment down. But after talking with Jimmy today, I think he nailed the issue. I don't think the problem is Electra, but more that I have been enjoying the Hand and all that that encompasses. In this book and in...

Punisher - Love Aaron writing in the style of Aaron, but yeah, the ninjas  Angry

F.F - Reread this one again, as I will do with issue #3 when it hits MU  Grin, as I am enjoying the fact that, like Jeff mentioned, this is "Family" focused FF. I am still looking forward to the reveal, don't get me wrong, but this sure is an interesting way to begin a run

X-Men Red - *Sigh* I don't know, it is getting to the point that I am being pushed into reading each and every X-Book to fully grasp everything that is going on and I don't like that at all. I enjoyed the way Hickman made all the titles relevant for a time and I can appreciate the way Gillen has taken the job, doing the same, in being the head of the X-books. Making one story fill all the titles is a great way to grab readers. But I hate it at the same time. I long for the time, hopefully by the end of the year, when I can read one or two x-books and go away feeling I got the entire picture  Undecided

Immortal - THIS however, makes it all worth it!!! Hahaha, loved this shit and, having very little knowledge of him before this, I am loving what Gillen is doing with Sinister!!!!!!!!!
Top grades!!
A++
Bravo

Saga - Ya know, I am enjoying this, but... I think I may wait and get back to this when a few more issues are out and I can read back to back.
It's good, of course, but I don't feel the tension like before. Now yes, that is probably because this part of the story isn't made to have a ton of tension  Grin, but even this tone seems much more impactful when I can read multiple issues in a row

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2023, 01:31:52 PM »

DCUltra
Teen Titans #9
Teen Titans #10
Teen Titans #11
Teen Titans #12

Legends of the DCU 80 Page Giant #2 (Beast Boy: Passenger 15b short-story)
Beast Boy #1 (of 4)
Beast Boy #2
Beast Boy #3
Beast Boy #4 (of 4)
Teen Titans #13
Teen Titans #14
Teen Titans #15
Batman #131
Batman #132

MU
Captain Marvel #44
Daredevil #1 (2022)
Daredevil #2
Daredevil #3
Daredevil #4
Daredevil #5
Daredevil #6

Immortal X-Men #9
Planet Hulk: Worldbreaker #1
Punisher #8
Strange #8
Strange Academy: Finals #2
Secret Invasion #2
Thanos: Death Notes #1
Variants #5
X-Men Red #9

Other
Saga #62
That Texas Blood #7
That Texas Blood #8
That Texas Blood #9
That Texas Blood #10
That Texas Blood #11
That Texas Blood #12

Teen Titans - So I had never heard of this enclosed Beast Boy mini, but it (and this 10 page prequel Passenger 15b that I read last night) has pretty cool (though not for everyone) art that remind me of what Fables writer Bill Williamham did with his early Elementals work over at the sorely missed Comico (Image at the bottom of post to remind you folks that remember). The art is very reminiscent of that, very stylized yet for the property, Beast Boy, it works very well.

Planet Hulk - Started reading this but by page 4 I decided I just didn't care about what I was reading. I knew then that I would just be glancing over the pages and not reading the pages so I stopped
 Undecided

Strange Academy - Luckily, like Jeff suggested, I think the problem I had with last issue (the one I just didn't "Feel") was a fluke and this series came back around for me. Nothing spectacular, no, no, but still a good book.

Thanos - I psyched myself up for this before I opened it, but when I read the intro (thanks so much for those, Marvel) and discovered it ties in with Thor (and more precisely that one panel I saw, way back when, of Thor being shown Thanos with dead versions of heroes), I decided I am going to wait on this. I do want to read that Thanos/Death/Thor arc when it is done and I didn't want to be spoiled here.

Variants - Kind of a disappointing end for me. It wasn't bad, I mean it was fine, but not what I had wanted. End the end, after I was done, I felt like I had just went to the theater and saw a chick flick  Undecided

Captain Marvel - Was excited to see a few X-Men in this and the art was pretty cool but my enjoyment soured rather quickly when an issue came up
about killing Rogue (because she was taken over by a brood in the issue prior it seems) and Remy hesitated asking the heroes not to kill her, even though he knows that she will just come back to life. Plus, it then went, again, all chick feeling to me too many times.
I don't know, not for me. And that's fine
 Smiley

Oh, and here is the Elemental stuff.... So good (at least that is how I remember it)
 Grin

« Last Edit: March 08, 2023, 07:31:42 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2023, 07:31:42 PM »

Not really here for a "reading update" (but will while I am here) but mainly here to add a couple more issues. The glutton that I am.
One because I saw the cover and got excited, for some reason (probably the fact that it is new 5 part arc by the creative team of J.M. Dematteis and Ron Garney) while the other addition was added in an effort for me to try and grasp all that is and will be coming of Sins of Sinister
 Grin

DCUltra
Teen Titans #9
Teen Titans #10
Teen Titans #11
Teen Titans #12

Beast Boy #1 (of 4)
Beast Boy #2
Beast Boy #3
Beast Boy #4 (of 4)
Teen Titans #13

Teen Titans #14
Teen Titans #15
Teen Titans #16
Batman #131
Batman #132

MU
Captain Marvel #44
Daredevil #1 (2022)
Daredevil #2
Daredevil #3
Daredevil #4
Daredevil #5
Daredevil #6

Immortal X-Men #9
Punisher #8
Strange #8
Secret Invasion #2
Variants #5
X-Men Red #9
Legion of X #9 <-- ADDED
Marc Spector: Moon Knight #26 (1989) <-- ADDED

Other
Saga #62
That Texas Blood #7
That Texas Blood #8
That Texas Blood #9
That Texas Blood #10
That Texas Blood #11
That Texas Blood #12

Beast Boy/Titans - The Beast Boy mini was pretty fun, more than I had thought it would have been, but... and I know it will not last... Titans #13 did nothing for me. Bland story arc beginning may be the main cause of my dissatisfaction but the the drastic (not worse) art style swing may be the cause.

Bat/Joker - I am really enjoying this. Yes, mainly because of the art, but not totally. It is a fun title. One thing I didn't see coming
was the inclusion of Cable in this story
Cheesy

« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 05:14:44 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2023, 11:08:38 PM »

DC Universe Ultra
Batman Incorporated 1
Batman Incorporated 2
Batman Incorporated 3
Batman Incorporated 0004

W.I.L.D.C.A.T.S. 1
WildC.A.T.s 2
WildC.A.T.s 3

Batman 132
The Flash 792

Comixology

Hoopla
Saga 62

Marvel Unlimited
Strange Academy Finals 2
Strange 8
Punisher 8
X-Men Red 9
X-Force 35
Immortal X-Men 9
Daredevil 6
The Variants 5
X-Treme X-Men 1
Secret Invasion 2
Fantastic Four 2

Wildstorm 30th Anniversary Special #1 - Great Anniversary anthology! Really makes me miss the Wildstorm universe being on its own.

W.I.L.D.C.A.T.S. 1-3 - I think I like this overall.  There are things I don’t care for but for the most part I’m in.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2023, 08:33:44 AM »

DC Universe Ultra
Batman Incorporated 1
Batman Incorporated 2
Batman Incorporated 3
Batman Incorporated 0004

W.I.L.D.C.A.T.S. 1
WildC.A.T.s 2
WildC.A.T.s 3

Batman 132
The Flash 792

Comixology

Hoopla
Saga 62

Marvel Unlimited
Strange Academy Finals 2
Strange 8
Punisher 8
X-Men Red 9
X-Force 35
Immortal X-Men 9
Daredevil 6
The Variants 5
X-Treme X-Men 1
Secret Invasion 2
Fantastic Four 2

Once Upon a Time at the End of the World 2 - Enjoying this book by Jason Aaron about two kids surviving in a Mad Max type world.  It’s pretty good.

Saga 62 - argh! A misdirection! But still a great story and who knows what comes next!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2023, 01:49:07 PM »

I'm about 2 weeks behind, so let's get me caught up

MARVEL UNLIMITED

I kept getting titles too soon on Sunday nights because of poor release scheduling by them, so I have a lot here!

Strange 8- 'm really over all these big super secret govt agencies, but whatever, there it is

Daredevil 5 & 6 - I have never liked the Fist, or the Hand, or whatever they are. Indispensable ninjas; do they still blow up in ash when they die? They ALWAYS lose. ALWAYS. Having them be used is always a waste in my mind of an arc. I've really like Daredevil a lot to this point, so we'll see how this goes. But the last time Matt led the other group he isn't leading now in the 'Shadowland' arc where they control Hell's Kitchen was junk, and I don't want to see Zdarsky's work end in junk becuase of lame ninja shit.

Amazing Spider-man 14 -okay, a stupid pill inducing lead up issue to define what Dark Web will be about. Fine. Whatever. I'm here for it.

Captain America Sam 7 - I read it, I liked reading it, but somehow somewhere I feel like I forgot the message of the book as I look back it. Sam is chasing...some power, or powers, which are very secretive and furtive-because they are secret powers! Doing...something...secretive. I hate that my memory of this is making it seem like a poor book.

Avengers Forever 11, Avengers Assemble Alpha, Avengers 63 - these titles have now come to the magnum opus of Jason Aaron's 5 years on Avengers. I'm...really ambivalent to it. It's a lame comment, but I enjoy multiversal stuff in DC way more than Marvel. I wish I could truly say why, but I do. How about this; DC does multi-versal stuff better, but Marvel is where I like the time travel story stuff better? Cheesy
That said, this is coming to its ending, but with some really poor art in events that are simply slugfests for hundreds of pages that don't...matter. At least, it doens't feel it matters right now.

X-men 17 -okay, that was just cool. Still enjoying the adjectiveless title a lot!!

Punisher 8 - Jason Aaron again here. I don't like the rewriting of Frank's past here. I don't like Ninjas. Why am I reading? Because I want to know!

X-men Red 9 - I hate Vulcan. I'm confused about things involving him about why he is the way he is. However, I'm mega jazzed by how next issue is GONNA BE!!

Captain America Steve 7 - Moving onwards past the defining events of the last issue, this was one...was okay to set things anew for what is going to happen going forward. I hope to come back to enjoy it as much as I did in the first 4 issues.

Spider-man 3 - I'm a glutton for punishment. I miss Bagley of the late 90s early 2000s with his larger formwork for his bodies. I also think spider-verse is just junk (again Marvel multiverse stuff! Grin) but I'm promised, in my mind, that this will destroy this verse. Please let it happen.

Ghost Rider 9 - To me, this feels what 'classic' GR should always be? I dunno, I didn't read classic GR, but to me this has the right feel for what I want with reading a monthy Rider book!!

Immortal X-men 9 - so, so, so, SO very good!!! Love it!!

Miles Morales Spider-man 1 - a new team, a new number, a new direction. I hate this art, and I don't feel like coming back to a character I only just check in with now and again.

Secret Invasion 2 - I hated the original mega event of this, but this has me...intrigued. Like, a lot!!

Fantastic Four 2 - Still a good start to a new title/new team on this book that I feel I can and am enjoying more than Slott from the prior run. Man! ...when was the last time I enjoyed reading FF? I have to go back and check teams in the past 9 years!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2023, 02:00:15 PM »

DC INFINITE ULTRA

MY blast from the past reading:
Superboy 88-99 - man, Joe Kelly just puts WORDS EVERYWHERE. And nonsense words. I know his Deadpool work is really what put the mark on Wade to stamp who his character is forever now, but it was the same way then. Too much words. Then you can see that this volume is doomed, as it's an editor, and co-publisher as part of the scripting writing team, with Jon McCrea on art, and there isn't anythign worth reading. HOWEVER, the app only goes to issue 99-but 100 is the last issue as a big celebratory send off to say good bye to the title volume of the character! ARGH! It's missing!!!

The Deadly Duo 4 - There is part of an event in this book that makes me...angry. B/c I'm sure it's written as an event to show how bad/crazy Joker is, but it's done in a way that doesnt' flesh out to whom the event occurs, and if this were a regular continuity book, IT'S SOMETHING THAT BATMAN MAY NOT BE ABLE TO COME BACK FROM.
OH yeah, spoiler tags LOL 
Joker throwing 6 people off the train to make weight. I HATED THIS. It 100% makes Batman accomplice to murder. 100% Batman shouts you bastard or whatever, but no matter what, Joker is a killer, Joker is unfettered on the train, Joker is NOT THERE TO BE  A GOOD HELPER, and it makes Batman look stupid, and makes Batman attached to those deaths. I denigrates that those 6 killed are merely story foils, instead of people who have lost lives, and mean something to the other people as loved ones. But it's not, they are story fodder. Bad writing for a bad event. Batman didn't find a different way. Batman failed

Death of Superman Anniversary issue -helps explain a back story in Action comics! Cheesy

Flash 791, One minute War Special, 792 -I'm in for this story. Wish all the art was really good, but it's all really-okay. I'll deal with it. Sad to have read that Jeremy Adams is off as writer with 800 as his last though.

Lazarus Planet legends reborn and Next evolution -man, if I had to buy these off the shelves-no flippin' way! But I'll read these advertisement issues here 'for free!

Batman 132- I'm down with this storyline. Really curious about where Bruce is! And the back up story with Tim Drake is great because Tim Drake is great!!!

Gotham Year One 5 - Man! what a great issue! I keep saying I feel I should have seen it coming! I love Slam's detective work!! Can't wait for the ending!!!

Joker the man who stopped laughing 5 - Who are all these people? I'm so down for this, whatever this is!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2023, 04:33:12 PM »

DCUltra
Teen Titans #9
Teen Titans #10
Teen Titans #11
Teen Titans #12

Beast Boy #1 (of 4)
Beast Boy #2
Beast Boy #3
Beast Boy #4 (of 4)
Teen Titans #13

Teen Titans #14
Teen Titans #15
Teen Titans #16

Batman #131
Batman #132

MU
Captain Marvel #44
Daredevil #1 (2022)
Daredevil #2
Daredevil #3
Daredevil #4
Daredevil #5
Daredevil #6

Immortal X-Men #9
Punisher #8
Strange #8
Secret Invasion #2
Variants #5
X-Men Red #9
Legion of X #9 <-- ADDED
Marc Spector: Moon Knight #26 (1989)

Other
Saga #62
That Texas Blood #7
That Texas Blood #8
That Texas Blood #9
That Texas Blood #10
That Texas Blood #11
That Texas Blood #12

Titans - Okay, yes, I got a little worried after reading issues 13-15. The story about
Garth changing back to human while all the kids around him turned to Beast Boys/Girls
was not very entertaining to me and the villain seemed very weak, at first especially, but that aspect did get better. However, with issue #16 things took a sharp turn into the very intriguing when... well... I will leave this here  Cheesy

Batman/Joker - Still enjoyable, buuuuuut, I don't know, something is... I don't know. I just have to keep telling myself it's all fun and I think I will keep liking it.

Strange - Agree with Jimmy.
I like the "W.A.N.D." idea and that Director None guy has me getting reminded of the masks they used in the title Grayson  Grin (remember those? They looked like static  Smiley) so I do like all that. Not sure I am getting the entire Blasphemy Cartel and Trinity of Ashes stuff though,
but my memory is at fault for that I think. If I read this collected I am sure I would grasp it a tad better. It isn't rocket science, but it is a little "all over the place" in feeling at time.

Legion of X - Talk about feeling lost?!?! HOLY SHIT. All I am trying to do is get caught up to all the Sinister related stuff I can before the Sins of Sinister stuff kicks off (for MU, I know it already has kicked off in shops) so I am trying to read all I can to get all the information I may need. And yes, I knew going in that I would be lost with the title, not know what is happening or what the current story would be, but Jeez Louise... I have no idea even more than I thought I would have no idea  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Vox Ignus? An Astral Plane or was it Worlds Between Worlds Banshee (I can't remember)? That Gold Dude is Warlock? Yeah? The Phalanx are back? Was that Nimrod in the shadow? And then this Mother Righteous ... well here I think I know. I think I know who she is  Wink... but that may be the only thing I feel I may know when I closed this issue and I could be wrong about that!!!
Again I say... HOLY SHIT I am lost

Marc Spector - That was pretty fun. Art by Ron Garney and Tom Palmer was wild as it looked like a perfect combination of Ron Frenz's sketchiness and John Buscema's poses!! I think I am going to keep this in my download folder so I can come back, add the rest of this arc (at the very least) and read it all together!! I liked it though, but I am a fan of DeMatteis
« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 04:37:24 PM by Perry » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2023, 04:00:35 PM »

Almost done!!!

DCUltra
Teen Titans #9
Teen Titans #10
Teen Titans #11
Teen Titans #12

Beast Boy #1 (of 4)
Beast Boy #2
Beast Boy #3
Beast Boy #4 (of 4)
Teen Titans #13

Teen Titans #14
Teen Titans #15
Teen Titans #16

Batman #131
Batman #132

MU
Captain Marvel #44
Daredevil #1 (2022)
Daredevil #2
Daredevil #3
Daredevil #4
Daredevil #5
Daredevil #6

Immortal X-Men #9
Punisher #8
Strange #8
Secret Invasion #2
Variants #5
X-Men Red #9
Legion of X #9
Marc Spector: Moon Knight #26 (1989)

Other
Saga #62
That Texas Blood #7
That Texas Blood #8
That Texas Blood #9
That Texas Blood #10
That Texas Blood #11
That Texas Blood #12

That Texas Blood - Another really good arc that once again makes me realize that there is no way in hell could I read this title in its monthly release format. I stopped about half-way through to think about trying to read this monthly, if I could or would enjoy it the same and there is no way, with my brain, that I would enjoy this as much as I do when I get to read the entire arc or story in one go. This is a great series (art and writing is actually getting better as we go) but it is a MUST to read this in this collected format.
And I am more than fine with that.
oh yeah, I tried to grab an image, copy it to post it here. and image that really hit me strong in this volume, but Hoopla would not allow me to take a screen shot
 Angry
I understand why but it sucks. So I had to use a work-around and take a picture of my tablet.
 Wink
Not sure why it hit me... maybe it was the timing of the story or I was just in the right mood, but the image, as simple as it is, really stood out to me while I was reading this.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2023, 12:48:25 AM »

DC Universe Ultra
Batman Incorporated 1
Batman Incorporated 2
Batman Incorporated 3
Batman Incorporated 0004

W.I.L.D.C.A.T.S. 1
WildC.A.T.s 2
WildC.A.T.s 3

Batman 132

The Flash 792

Comixology

Hoopla
Saga 62

Marvel Unlimited
Strange Academy Finals 2
Strange 8
Punisher 8
X-Men Red 9
X-Force 35
Immortal X-Men 9
Daredevil 6
The Variants 5
X-Treme X-Men 1
Secret Invasion 2
Fantastic Four 2

Batman 132 - interesting arc and backup story.  I like that they are tied together.

Batman & The Joker: The Deadly Duo 4 - this is one sick and twisted villain and we’re not talking about the Joker! Although he does some sick stuff as well.  Good story still.

The Joker: The Man Who Stopped Laughing 5 - The backup story stays consistently bad.  The main story is getting a bit muddled.  I think it’s time for some answers.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2023, 03:27:20 AM »

DC Universe Ultra
Batman Incorporated 1
Batman Incorporated 2
Batman Incorporated 3
Batman Incorporated 0004

W.I.L.D.C.A.T.S. 1
WildC.A.T.s 2
WildC.A.T.s 3

Batman 132

The Flash 792

Comixology

Hoopla
Saga 62

Marvel Unlimited
Strange Academy Finals 2
Strange 8
Punisher 8
X-Men Red 9
X-Force 35
Immortal X-Men 9
Daredevil 6
The Variants 5
X-Treme X-Men 1
Secret Invasion 2
Fantastic Four 2

Gotham City: Year One 5 - Love this story! All the pieces start falling together in this issue and a big confrontation is coming next issue. I can’t wait!

Lazarus Planet: Next Evolution 1 - Previews really for future stories. The Vigil - I like. I’ll check it out.  Flatline - probably going to be good but I’m just not interested.  Deadeye - no interest whatsoever.  Red Canary - I like that they’re making new characters that younger audiences might get into. I see the potential but it’s not for this old geezer.

The Flash 792 - Good focus on Impulse and Kid Flash.  This One Minute War is a fun arc.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2023, 04:12:07 AM »

Rolling the MU stuff to the March 13 week.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS