HR Boards
April 16, 2024, 10:21:33 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Titans get a new Build-a-figure  (Read 1298 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: February 24, 2023, 10:15:05 PM »

I literally squealled when I saw these.

https://bleedingcool.com/collectibles/mcfarlane-reveals-beast-boy-as-the-dc-comics-titans-build-a-figure/

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2023, 04:05:07 PM »

Beast-MONSTER!!!

Nice look Changeling!!

Pretty decent builds for all the Titans.

(but are we sad for no Starfire or Cyborg?)

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2023, 11:01:12 AM »

I just wish they'd go back to Raven's OG costume. There was nothing wrong with its simplicity and she looked so much more the badass that way compared to this Halloween costume she currently wears.
 Angry
You want her "softer"? Then make the cape so it changes to the white version when she is being compassionate or something, but just because her name is Raven doesn't mean she has to dress like one. May as well put one of those plague doctor masks on her to make her look complete
 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2023, 08:53:04 PM »

this is my favorite Raven figure from the original DC Direct line. I have her and Cyborg in my home office.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2023, 10:53:28 PM »

I just wish they'd go back to Raven's OG costume. There was nothing wrong with its simplicity and she looked so much more the badass that way compared to this Halloween costume she currently wears.
 Angry
You want her "softer"? Then make the cape so it changes to the white version when she is being compassionate or something, but just because her name is Raven doesn't mean she has to dress like one. May as well put one of those plague doctor masks on her to make her look complete
 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You mean like the picture they have right next to the actual figure?!!  LOL. 

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2023, 10:53:55 PM »

this is my favorite Raven figure from the original DC Direct line. I have her and Cyborg in my home office.

That looks great! 

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2023, 02:32:11 PM »

I think my issue with this newer Raven figure is that it looks like an adult. Isn't the current version still a teen or younger adult? I prefer her and Gar to be closer in age to Dick and Donna. Beast Boy should go back to his Changeling moniker.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2023, 06:03:20 PM »

I think my issue with this newer Raven figure is that it looks like an adult.

I have the exact opposite thoughts (well, maybe in the face, if that is what you mean. I can see where she looks older in the face, for sure).
But I think the costume of the one you have pictured in your post above (if I'm doing this right  Cheesy) is more adult looking than the one in the first post, with all the stupid cut-outs and that horrible chest piece. Brrrr

I mean, look how completely bad-ass that cowl is, the design of the dress, the emblems above the boobs and even that swoop in the back (not pictured) just looked amazing.

And yes, I like your figure... I mean your DC direct figure  Cheesy Cheesy

You mean like the picture they have right next to the actual figure?!!  LOL. 

YES!!! Cheesy Cheesy
Hahaha, why would they do that? Put the (better) older costume on the product that is showcasing the newer (shittier) costume? That's some world class product management there, folks
 Grin

Of course looking at that, to me they did that to each and every figure. Made the image on the board better looking than the product in the plastic
 Cheesy Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS