HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:41:21 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: May 2023 Solicitations  (Read 1421 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: February 23, 2023, 07:32:03 PM »

Do we really need another Avengers #1?

https://www.gamesradar.com/marvel-comics-may-2023-solicitations-and-covers/
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2023, 11:02:18 AM »

After Aaron... yes  Cheesy

I won't be reading this either but...

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2023, 11:22:56 PM »

Avengers #1 - Jed MacKay?  An Avengers team with Vision and Scarlet Witch back on it?  I'll at least give it a try!

Groot #1 - I would have said "pass" but then I saw "Dan Abnett".  He's hit or miss on his own without Lanning but I'll try the first issue and see what I think.

Fantastic Four #7 - I loved issue 1 so I can't imagine me being off this.  Plus this is the oversized "Issue 700" anniversary issue.

Fury #1 - Another one I'd normally pass on but it's written by Al Ewing.  Dangit.  I'll be trying it.

X-Men Red #11 - Another Al Ewing book that's hit or miss for me.  I'm sure I'll still be on it.

Immortal X-Men #11 - The best X-book out right now.  Wouldn't miss an issue of this.

Wolverine #33 - Beast vs Wolverine - I'm in.

X-Force #40 - Enjoying this team in spite of Logan's absence.

X-Men #22 - If Duggan's Orchis arc is as good as his Vault arc was I'll be there.

Bishop: War College #4 of 5 - I cannot lie.  I'm interested.

X-23: DEADLY REGENESIS #3 (OF 5) - Hmmmm.  Might try the first issue out.

NEW MUTANTS LETHAL LEGION #3 (OF 5) - Count Nafaria?  I'm pulled in.....

Rogue & Gambit #3 of 5 - Of course I'll give the first issue a shot.

Doctor Strange #3 - More Jed MacKay AND Dormammu? - Yes please.

Deadpool #7 - I liked issue 1.  I'm sure I'll still be here.

Daredevil #11 - One of the best Marvel books right now.  Love what Chip Zdarsky's doing here.

Joe Fixit #5 of 5 - Always give Peter David a try.  Always.

Punisher #12 - Could this be the last issue?  I'm generally enjoying this so I'll still be here.

Adam Warlock: Rebirth #2 of 5 - I haven't read a Ron Marz book in years.  This sounds like it might be fun.  Plus Genis-Vell!

Speaking of Genis-Vell - I didn't see his book listed in here!  Is it gone already?  Or was it a mini?  I think it might be just a mini.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2023, 01:46:34 AM »

Genis Vell was just a mini

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2023, 01:52:23 AM »

I'm looking through these solicits and there is so much JUNK symbiot Venom, Venom-related, Carnage, -Carnage related titles. Like...my opinion...that's pathetic. That stuff isn't that interesting.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2023, 02:39:41 AM »

Genis Vell was just a mini

Lol - I was just coming to report that as I just finished reading issue 5 and realized that was it.

At least we’ll see him again soon in Adam Warlock!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2023, 06:45:43 PM »

I'm looking through these solicits and there is so much JUNK symbiot Venom, Venom-related, Carnage, -Carnage related titles. Like...my opinion...that's pathetic. That stuff isn't that interesting.

You bang on Venom all the time. I think he must've put his peanut butter in your chocolate or something... Grin

But hey, I don't understand it either buddy. I guess somewhere out there in this big ole world there are a bunch of people that can't let the 90's go.
 Cheesy
(And I guess the LCS' thank them for it as they keep ordering the things)

Wolverine #33 - Beast vs Wolverine - I'm in.

I will try to stay on that long for Ryp's art and for the fact that I liked that one issue I read recently of Wolvie, more than ANY other single Percy issue that I have tried in the past. Was that issue a fluke or no? I don't know, but I will try to stay on to see this.

Other than that one title, all I mainly see is stuff I have very little to no interest in (see Jimbo's post above  Grin) from writers that I have either never heard of or I already know I don't like. Or, and more obvious here lately, art by the same. People I either don't like because their style sucks to me or, more the norm nowadays at Marvel, artists that I have never heard of prior to this solicitation.
Hard to sell books when no-one knows anyone you have working for you or what they do know they are not liking.
 Undecided
Hey Marvel editors, take a good writer and put him (or her) with a new artistic talent or take a great artist and put him (or, again, her) and put them with a new writer. Stop putting new with new and shitty with shitty!!!

*Ahem*
Anyway... I'm gonna 4, 3, 2 and 1 it with the solicit...

My 4 'X' books -
- X-Men
- X-Men Red
- Immortal X-Men
- Wolverine (?)

My 3 'D' books -
- Doctor Strange
- Daredevil
- The "D"unisher       Cheesy Cheesy

My 2 "Oh what the hell, let's relive the past" books -
- Joe Fix-It
- Warlock

My 1 true love book -
- Fantastic Four

That's about it for me
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS