HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 03:45:37 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, February 20, 2023  (Read 1586 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2023, 02:24:56 PM »

A friend and I checked out a new LCS. I love going thru bins. My finds:

Blue Beetle (2006) #3, 4 ... possible movie tie-in
Flash #790, 791
New Teen Titans (1984) #3-5, 7, 16-20
Team Titans #6, 7

Sweet, new LCS' are cool!!!

DCUltra.... this is for you, Perry

Cheesy
As Mathew Mc would say...
Alright, alright, alright
 Grin

Whatchoo think on the Action 1050? oh and 1051 up as well and we are all discussing that puppy. It wasn't for me, but I do hope it sticks. And by that I mean the anthology style of storytelling that it is going for. I like anthologies, just not in this instance, but hey... I can still want something to succeed  Grin

Flash I have no comment on, but Jimmy is all over that title... and I think Jeff (maybe)

and I have not yet read the Catwoman One Bad Day yet, but will soon (I am alone in not reading yet)
 Smiley

I randomly read Catwoman and this was the debut of a new character (Tomcat). I haven't read it yet but always on the lookout for a possible eBay sale.

As for Action comics, I was curious about the new format (can you say Superman Family from the 70s and 80s?). The issue itself was meh but I like the concept and potential.

EDIT:   I didn't read the Warworld saga but don't care about the super brats.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 03:21:50 PM by Gay Titan » Logged
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2023, 04:54:11 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Immortal X-Men #8

Comixology
Image! 30th Anthology 8

DC Universe Ultra    
Action Comics 1051  
Justice Society of America 2

Lazarus Planet: We Once Were Gods 1  
Human Target 11
Batman - One Bad Day: Catwoman 1

Detective Comics #1062
Detective Comics #1063
Detective Comics #1064
Detective Comics #1065
Detective Comics #1066

Detective Comics 2022 Annual #1
Detective Comics #1067
Detective Comics 1068

Hoopla
Something is Killing the Children 27
Bloodshot Unleashed 1
Traveling to Mars 1
Once Upon a Time at the End of the World 1

That Texas Blood Vol 3 - Collects issues 14-19

------------------------------------------------------

That Texas Blood Vol 3 - Collects issues 14-19
     Issue 14 - Holy cow! What a way to start off a murder mystery. I think our locals are going to have a scary one on their hands!
     Issue 15 - Good second issue. Laying some ground work for our killer’s reputation.  I do love how this series builds stories.
     Issue 16 - Excellent character builds in this one.  This is a pretty scary villain.
     Issue 17 - That’s one mystery solved but oh man! Things are about to get intense!
     Issue 18 - And it did get intense. And still is!  The finish is going to be huge.
     Issue 19 - Great ending.  I can’t believe how fast I read through all of these.  I couldn’t stop and so read it in one sitting. Yeah, it’s that good.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2023, 09:56:26 PM »

Jeff, you're list is completed  Shocked Shocked Shocked
What are you going to do?
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2023, 04:19:44 PM »

Time for me to chime in!

MARVEL UNLIMITED

Immortal X-men 8 - it was a really awesome issue!!

Iron Man 25 - A decent ending to a decent run. Again, not a run I would tell anyone to read, or even fondly remember years later. I'll know I read it, and that's fine. But onto Duggan's run...where Tony is again removed of all this wealth and at rock-bottom.   Roll Eyes

Captain America & Winter Soldier special - to understand the group of the 5 and what they are doing. And what they are doing doesn't really seem as interesting reading this issue. I mean, I'm keeping up on the title anyways! But it doesn't seem as...seem as great to what I had built up in my mind in the first 5 issues of Cap Steve

She-Hulk 8 - I really enjoyed this fill in issue to give a history of new characters! So it was cool reading

Thunderbolts 4 - I'm glad this is only a 5 issue mini. Or is it 6?

Gold Goblin 1 - It's still very weird to have Norman have all his sins magically erased by a previous arc (yes, it happened), and now he's without sin. Sins don't make a person evil or bad...the person who performs the sin is the bad person. Isn't Norman still a bad person? I mean, this is all about how YOU (the collective you, or the you that is you and how you interpret the nature of what this means), but I guess I'm just along to see, because sometimes I read to 'know' about a thing

Black Panther Unconquered - a 1 shot that leads into more of what is occurring in the future titles for Tchalla. I don't think I"m spring boarding back into the title....

Moon Knight 17 - I dig! It's fun to watch MK drop in a place and say 'I've got the biggest balls. What you think you got?' Cheesy

Spider-man Lost Hunt - I'm curious about this look in the way way back machine, so I'm reading it!

Secret Invasion 1 - This was a cool opening! I'm gonna read this now! Thanks Jeff!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2023, 04:33:15 PM »

DC ULTRA

Human Target 11 - first book! Ah, what a great series. Can't wait to see what happens in the finale!

Justice Society of America - Jerry Ordway's art section looks SO GOOD. Janin is great! And Scott Kollins looks better than in recent past places! I'm so very excited for this book, mostly because it brings back some old loves of the DC universe that I've loved reading under Johns, adds some wrinkles to it, and brings back other elements related to OLD DC stuff, and it's a mystery!!

Stargirl Lost Children 4 - and here's a sideways related title to JSA, and the reveal has my wondering; WHAT?!!

Action Comics 1051 - I'm into whatever PKJohnson is selling on Superman these days. Up up and away!! I'm even down for the background family drama and hurt that is sure to come along.

Lazurus Planet Assault on Krypton and We Once were Gods :  I'm so confused, LOL! , about what is or isnt, or what what this is all supposed to be! Brief glimpses into future changes for the DCU (Aquaman's at least sets up a big premise change), PG just seems weird to be weird, but then also some single shot issues that will run through the LP issues (like Young Jon Kent -yay! Wonder Woman story of the island? A Martian Manhunter one off?)
I know that if I was putting money down...I wouldn't have these issues in my pile.

Blue Beetle Graduation Day 3 - this is bad. I'm reading to know what the result is. This is bad. Or rather, I don't enjoy this at all.

Detective Comics 1068 - this is good for me!! A cool fight back against the powers that be issue!

One Bad Day Catwoman - A good read, a pretty read, ending didn't land for me though.

And going back to...

Superboy! 78-82 - so much Conner talk and 'what up Conner?' thinking has me going back to finish off his original comics run that my reread had paused at! I'm at the  Joe Kelly stuff that gave new costume/ identity,/ future angles with the perenniel team of his original creators and 80% original volume writing Karl Kesel and Tom Grummett having done and moved on.
I mean, its' only another 18 issues...and then I'm going back to Johns Teen Titans! Been wanting to reread this for a while!!

HOOPLA

Saga 62 - Because Saga is Saga and Saga is great Cheesy

Moonshine v3-5 - I really dig the team of Azzarello and Rissou. And this was a good story. A story that knew it's place, told it's story, and was done. I won't say mindlbowingly awesome, but good, and glad to have read it!!

I think I may finally hit over on That Texas Blood....

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2023, 01:45:35 PM »

Jeff, you're list is completed  Shocked Shocked Shocked
What are you going to do?

Ha!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Smiley

I went out of town with friends so thank goodness I finished early!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS