HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 01:32:05 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, February 27, 2023  (Read 925 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: February 27, 2023, 01:51:11 PM »

This week will get me finally caught up on my DC backlog!

Marvel Unlimited
Genis-Vell: Captain Marvel #5
Daredevil #5
X-Force #34
X-Men 17 - this showed as unread in my favorites list but it’s not listed in New Releases. Did I miss it? Or has Marvel messed up their new releases list?

DC Universe Ultra
Lazarus Planet: Legends Reborn 1  
The Flash: One-Minute War Special 1
The Joker: The Man Who Stopped Laughing 1
The Joker: The Man Who Stopped Laughing 2
The Joker: The Man Who Stopped Laughing 3
The Joker: The Man Who Stopped Laughing 4
Batman & The Joker: The Deadly Duo 1
Batman & The Joker: The Deadly Duo 2
Batman & The Joker: The Deadly Duo 3
Batman Incorporated 1
Batman Incorporated 2
Batman Incorporated 3
Batman Incorporated 0004
Wildstorm 30th Anniversary Special 1
W.I.L.D.C.A.T.S. 1
WildC.A.T.s 2
WildC.A.T.s 3

Comixology
Once Upon a Time at the End of the World 2

------------------------------------------------------

« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 01:58:22 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2023, 01:59:02 PM »

That's ALOT of Batman!!! I am not a fan of the Joker but would love to know your thoughts on Batman Incorporated. I love the various characters (except for Clownhunter).
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2023, 10:48:06 PM »

That's ALOT of Batman!!! I am not a fan of the Joker but would love to know your thoughts on Batman Incorporated. I love the various characters (except for Clownhunter).

LOL.  Perry hates him too.  I think I'm the only person on the planet that likes Clownhunter, bad attitude and all!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2023, 11:30:21 PM »

Hmmm I ran accross this quote from myself back in the December Previews thread:

Amazing Spider-Man #15 & 16 - Ed McGuinnes replaced JRJR as artist?  Hmmmm.  Hopefully I'm still onboard by the time this comes out.  Plus it ties in to Dark Web.

I may have to go back and pick issue 14 for this week.  No sense skipping just one issue.  I forgot all about Dark Web coming up and I'm planning on getting it.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 11:33:01 PM by Jeff » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2023, 11:31:22 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
ADD:  Amazing Spider-Man 14
Daredevil #5
X-Force #34
X-Men 17

DC Universe Ultra
Batman Incorporated 1
Batman Incorporated 2
Batman Incorporated 3
Batman Incorporated 0004
W.I.L.D.C.A.T.S. 1
WildC.A.T.s 2
WildC.A.T.s 3

Comixology

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2023, 03:14:16 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Amazing Spider-Man 14
Daredevil #5
X-Force #34
X-Men 17

DC Universe Ultra

Batman Incorporated 1
Batman Incorporated 2
Batman Incorporated 3
Batman Incorporated 0004
W.I.L.D.C.A.T.S. 1
WildC.A.T.s 2
WildC.A.T.s 3

Comixology

Genis-Vell: Captain Marvel #5 - This has been a great ride but I felt a little let down by the the ending. The final battle was great, it was the after effects I didn’t care for. All in all though, it has made me happy to have Genis-Vell around again!

Daredevil #5 - Yet another amazing issue.  This one hits it out of the park…every…single…time!

Amazing Spider-Man #14 - So glad I added this back on.  It’s the kickoff to Dark Web and I love the main villain. It has suck potential but I bet I enjoy it just for the cast.  :-)

X-Force #34 - Man, Beast is starting to rival Sinister.  This started out a little boring but it hit the punch by the end.

X-Men 17 - Excellent issue!  I totally love all of this vault stuff.  And now what will the X-Men do since everything they believed could be completely blown up now?

The Joker: The Man Who Stopped Laughing #1 - Good start to this series.  I hear the quality drops but right now it’s good.

The Joker: The Man Who Stopped Laughing #2 - I was starting to dislike where this was going but it pulled another twist on me and I liked it.  Yeah, this was good.  The backup story though I didn’t care for.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2023, 02:40:51 PM »

Nothing new from DC this week? Well nothing I want to read at least and that's fine with me, maybe I can catch up on some other stuff
 Smiley

DCUltra
~Teen Titans by Geoff Johns Book One (1-12+)
Teen Titans #1
Teen Titans #2
Teen Titans #3
Teen Titans #4
Teen Titans #5

Teen Titans #6
Teen Titans #7
Teen Titans #8

MU
X-Men #17
Doctor Strange: Fall Sunrise #1
Daredevil #1 (2022)
Daredevil #2
Daredevil #3
Daredevil #4
Daredevil #5

Other
King Spawn #1
Saga #62
That Texas Blood #7
That Texas Blood #8
That Texas Blood #9
That Texas Blood #10
That Texas Blood #11
That Texas Blood #12

King Spawn - So I tried King Spawn. Different writer, no Todd (or minimal Todd at least). Same result. Spawn just isn't for me.

Strange: Fall - I enjoyed this. More visually than anything as the story is one that, well, isn't a true story yet  Grin Anyway, I think I will continue on with this Tradd Moore book for not only am I a fan of the good Doctor Strange, I did enjoy Moore's Surfer mini a good deal. Hope this one is as good. I think I know where it is heading, but I'm probably wrong  Cheesy

X-Men - Thanks to Jimmy I understood this issue more than I... thought... I... had... understood it? Haha, Yeah, good issue, but DAMN THE X-MEN!!!  Cheesy

Titans - My first foray into the Johns' Teen Titans (I know, I know. Bad Perry) but it only allows me to enjoy it all the more. The dude is a master at making me enjoy everything from the pacing to the dialog (or lack of) to flow to the plotting. From the first page to the (always fun and exciting) last page.

Also, not johns related, I miss this coloring style. It isn't the flat, one color color from the early days of comics that I still enjoy (especially those 70's and 80's Marvel comics) and it isn't the over saturated (at times) coloring effects of today's colorists, it is right in the middle. The sweet spot. Where you have primarily the one color with maybe a similar tone inside or some shading but not much else. This stuff looks amazballs!
EDIT -
(Ugh, I'm too old to use that term)
 Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 02:42:51 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2023, 04:24:10 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Amazing Spider-Man 14
Daredevil #5
X-Force #34
X-Men 17

DC Universe Ultra

Batman Incorporated 1
Batman Incorporated 2
Batman Incorporated 3
Batman Incorporated 0004
W.I.L.D.C.A.T.S. 1
WildC.A.T.s 2
WildC.A.T.s 3

Comixology

Lazarus Planet: Legends Reborn 1  - the Question, yes! Raven, Meh. City Boy, no. Firestorm, yes yes YES!

The Flash: One-Minute War Special 1 - a good special lining up things for this story arc.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2023, 11:58:31 AM »

Been a busy last couple of days, well mentally busy at least and now suddenly, a trip to the vet has to be put on the schedule for today as my bestest buddy in the whole world may have a broken tooth (hopefully that's all it is), so not much reading accomplished on my part, sadly.

DCUltra
~Teen Titans by Geoff Johns Book One (1-12+)
Teen Titans #1
Teen Titans #2
Teen Titans #3
Teen Titans #4
Teen Titans #5

Teen Titans #6
Teen Titans #1/2
Teen Titans #7
Teen Titans #8

Teen Titans #9
Teen Titans #10
Teen Titans #11
Teen Titans #12

MU
X-Men #17
Doctor Strange: Fall Sunrise #1
Daredevil #1 (2022)
Daredevil #2
Daredevil #3
Daredevil #4
Daredevil #5

Other
King Spawn #1
Saga #62
That Texas Blood #7
That Texas Blood #8
That Texas Blood #9
That Texas Blood #10
That Texas Blood #11
That Texas Blood #12

Titans - I so wanted to be done with this so I could start Saga, but was not meant to be I guess. Still, not like I am forcing myself to get through this or anything  Cheesy I am enjoying every bit of this journey. Also, Mike McKone is back on the art duties which, sure, it's great, but I did also enjoy the time I had with the Grummett pencils and he will be missed (for now?)
I miss Cyborg looking like he does here. The "new" look on the TT's hasn't been good in my eyes as I prefer the look found in this series for Cyborg and Raven especially and of course Wade Wilson's classic Perez look is amazing... but all of those opinions could just be me and my old man talk
Conner Kent is crowing on me, although Is till think it is crazy to wear the same T-shirt day after day after day, but hey, I guess that is what a teen boy would do  Grin
Lots of plot lines working here, without getting too bogged down or out of hand, which of course I would expect from Johns' stuff.
I was not familiar with
Slade's brother, Wade, but I sure didn't get much of a chance to do so in this book
Cheesy
Anyway, off to try and get through issue #9 as I wait for my vets to open, so I can call and hopefully pay for an emergency visit
 Cheesy
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2023, 11:32:00 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Amazing Spider-Man 14
Daredevil #5
X-Force #34
X-Men 17

DC Universe Ultra

Batman Incorporated 1
Batman Incorporated 2
Batman Incorporated 3
Batman Incorporated 0004
W.I.L.D.C.A.T.S. 1
WildC.A.T.s 2
WildC.A.T.s 3

Comixology

The Joker: The Man Who Stopped Laughing 3 - Still enjoying the main story. The backups are dumb though.

The Joker: The Man Who Stopped Laughing 4 - Starting to get too repetitive.  Hopefully it picks up next issue.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2023, 02:49:18 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Amazing Spider-Man 14
Daredevil #5
X-Force #34
X-Men 17

DC Universe Ultra

Batman Incorporated 1
Batman Incorporated 2
Batman Incorporated 3
Batman Incorporated 0004
W.I.L.D.C.A.T.S. 1
WildC.A.T.s 2
WildC.A.T.s 3

Comixology

Batman & The Joker: The Deadly Duo 1-3 - I really like this!  Having Alfred in it also reminds me how much I miss having him around.  A very compelling mystery and crime story.  And this villain is certainly psychotic.  And that’s saying something if even the Joker is wanting him out!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS