HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:41:42 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, January 23, 2023  (Read 916 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: January 22, 2023, 11:16:27 PM »

Had a great weekend, being snowed in with the dogs. Got a lot of reading done.

My goal for the week:

Action Comics #1051... I am going to give the new arcs/format a try.
Gargoyles #2
Justice Society of America #2
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 04:28:00 AM »

Let’s try this again…..

Marvel Unlimited
X-Men #16
X-Force #33

DC Universe Ultra    
Batman vs. Robin    4               
Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths 7         
DCeased: War of the Undead Gods 5
Wonder Woman Historia: The Amazons    3
Tales of the Human Target #0001
The Human Target #7
The Human Target #8
The Human Target #9
The Nice House on the Lake #8
The Nice House on the Lake #9
The Nice House on the Lake #10
The Nice House on the Lake #11
The Nice House on the Lake #12

Hoopla
Star Trek: Year Five: Odyssey’s End Book One - (Collects issues 1-6)

------------------------------------------------------

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2023, 04:03:10 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
X-Men #16
X-Force #33

DC Universe Ultra    
Batman vs. Robin    4               
Wonder Woman Historia: The Amazons    3
The Human Target #7
The Human Target #8
The Human Target #9

Hoopla

X-Men #16 - Holy cow! That ending!  I always wondered what would happen if this happened and they actually went there!  This is going to be good.

X-Force #33 - End of the Kraven arc.  Just an ok ending.  I’m glad they didn’t drag it out and I’m ready to see what this team does next.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2023, 05:37:09 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
X-Men #16
X-Force #33

DC Universe Ultra    
Batman vs. Robin 4   
Wonder Woman Historia: The Amazons 3

The Human Target #7
The Human Target #8
The Human Target #9

Hoopla

Batman vs. Robin 4   - This should have been the end but I see they’re going to drag it out for one more issue plus expand it into a whole new event.  I’m just not a fan of lots of magic in my Batman books.

Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths 7 - Bit of a disappointing ending.  I didn’t feel like Deathstroke as portrayed here was true to the character.  But I’m ok with the outcome I guess, and ready to move on.

DCeased: War of the Undead Gods 5 - Not bad. I’m think I’m reaching event fatigue.  Looking forward to some smaller contained stories soon.

Wonder Woman Historia: The Amazons 3 - Amazing book.  Even if you don’t read the story (which is great) you have to get this just to look at the art.  All three books are just stunning to look at.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2023, 01:16:52 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
X-Men #16
X-Force #33

DC Universe Ultra    
Batman vs. Robin 4   

The Human Target #7
The Human Target #8
The Human Target #9

Hoopla

Tales of the Human Target #0001 - I feel like a complete idiot.  How did I not see that coming? It seems so obvious in hindsight!  Lol.  What a great  companion to the main title.  This was awesome.

The Human Target #7 - I know how cheesy this sounds but wow, Fire is so hot. I don’t know if I would have the willpower to resist her!  Good issue and nice little twist at the end.  I’m sure it won’t be the last.

The Human Target #8- Ahhhh. Rocket Red.  Who doesn’t love a big Russian fighting for his friend? I guess Chance doesn’t.  Another good chapter in this great story involving the old pals from the Justice League International.

The Human Target #9 - Another fun issue.  Liked the tension and another Ah ha moment in this issues cliff hanger.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2023, 05:35:08 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
X-Men #16
X-Force #33

DC Universe Ultra    
Batman vs. Robin 4   

The Human Target #7
The Human Target #8
The Human Target #9

Hoopla

The Nice House on the Lake #8-12 - Wow! What a crazy ending!  Great tension leading up to the final issue and I finally started figuring out who all the characters are.  In the end I really enjoyed this series.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2023, 08:58:14 PM »

My DC app....just never continues to work right. So frustrating!!!

DC INFINITE

Action Comics 1050 - P Kennedy Johnson continues to just write Superman...right. Has really started to etch a spot as one of the writers I want to write The Last Son Most. I really dug this issues, and am quite mad at myself knowing about the secret ID being brought back, and not recognizing what the significance of what Project Black was really going to allude to!!

Detective Comics 1067 - I feel like it's under the radar of the comics reporting world AT LARGE that Ivan Reis continues to draw Detective Comics ! It's so awesome!!! I'm a big fan of what's going on here. As much as Batman is cool as a hard pressed detective in dirty alleys hunting down clues and murderers, I like Batman in the strange and bizarre as well!

John Stewart The Emerald Knight 1 - I believe this a one shot by Geoffrey Thorne, and it deserves to be shot. Green Lantern mythos as a character line, as a sub genre family within DC is dead in the water, and this book is a huge reason it smells like gutted dry fish. I sincerely hope this new Dawn of the DC really turns around the GL line.

Blue Beetle Graduation Day 2 - Still pretty sure I'm the only one reading through this yet. But I'm a Jaime Reyes fan

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2023, 09:04:41 PM »

MARVEL UNLIMITED

Iron Man 24 - I think there's one more issue to close off Cantwell's slightly navel gazing, slightly punishing arc on Tony Stark. I have a hard time saying that I've been a fan of it...I've WANTED to read it...but don't think I became a fan of it its entirety, even with the end being nigh!

Thor 28 - I'm fine with the outcome and resolution, because I love endings that never truly end, but bleed into new dangers, where decisions needed once later evolve into problems that have to be faced. Glad for that! But I hate all things Venom King in Black that he's become now.

Deadly Neighborhood Spider-man 1 - No. No. I quit.

X-men 16 - hell yeah! Get over that AXE stuff, let's read this kind of X action! Even if the Summers' fight was the most hare braned lame ass plot device that even Stan Lee at his worst would say "Could think of a better reason than this?" brought the middle of this issue down.

Moon Knight 16 - I'm glad to be here for this...but I'm also waiting to see when MK really just...WINS. Because if there's anything, that I think, epitomizes MK is that for all the damage, hurt, and destruction he takes on, he later just WINS. He will not be defeated or conquered. I feel I haven't gotten enough of that!!

Cap America Sam 6 - a fine issue, but it pales a bit in the face of Steve's title. That, and I think Sam's "I'm right, you're not" attitude didn't help things anywhere at any time.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2023, 09:12:36 PM »

Saga 61 _ AMAZING!!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS