HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:03:54 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, January 2, 2023 - Happy New Year!  (Read 1980 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2023, 02:30:49 PM »

Now to remove 16 individual saved comic files from the Marvel app, needing 2 menu pop ups each to do so.....

...stupid app....

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2023, 02:35:43 PM »

DC ULTRA

I got into a comic reading mood, and got this done!

Batman: The Knight 4-10: I really enjoyed reading this series. Consistent on art throughout, and a good psyche look into young man Bruce. I quite liked it!

Batman 130: What in the hell. That was...damned dumb. I'm insulted that I should believe Batman can do what he did in space. The ending is fine, good, great even! But the beginning is so f'ing stupid I'm aghast the editor said 'DO THAT!! YEAH!'

Joker: Man who stopped laughing: I'm in the mood for this. I love the craziness of this, and I can't tell who is what or anything during this.

Dark Crisis War Zone: Fine enough. Pretty decent, actually, to see some more good behind the action stuff. I did like reading it!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2023, 02:36:52 PM »

Okay, I better add my books tomorrow.

I just HAD to buy Once and Future #29 for 99 cents off Amazon. It just had NOT come to hoopla, and whatever, it's a dollar. This way I can read 29, and my hoopla #30 (YEAH that's RIGHT, hoopla skipped 29 in my county! WTF!!!)

I did the same thing a few weeks back.  Crazy that Hoopla skipped an issue but like you said, it was just a $1!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2023, 02:55:38 PM »

X-men 15: Whoa. That's what I gotta say. Wish I coiuld remember the first time I ever saw the Vault.

Issue #5 of the previous X-Men run is the start of the great Hickman story that leads up to this one.  That’s where I first read about them.   However, apparently the Children of the Vault first appeared in X-Men Vol 2 issue #188 by Mike Carey and Chris Bachlo!  I may need to pull that up on MU for a re-read!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2023, 03:44:35 PM »

X-men 15: Whoa. That's what I gotta say. Wish I coiuld remember the first time I ever saw the Vault.

Issue #5 of the previous X-Men run is the start of the great Hickman story that leads up to this one.  That’s where I first read about them.   However, apparently the Children of the Vault first appeared in X-Men Vol 2 issue #188 by Mike Carey and Chris Bachlo!  I may need to pull that up on MU for a re-read!

THATS RIGHT.

I remember that! The Vault story then was about powered humans, but that they weren't mutants (of a sorts!)

So, I just checked at my comics collection; I quit at 186 (but continued to read my buddy's comics, so that's where I first got to read it!)

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2023, 05:41:33 PM »

I still want to know why they can't just blow the Vault (the location) all to shit and be done with the entire problem? Is there a shield around the place or... I just don't remember?

Going to go ahead and add this one for this week.  Perry will be happy.  Grin

DC Universe Ultra    
Catwoman: Lonely City #1
Catwoman: Lonely City #2
Catwoman: Lonely City #3 
Catwoman: Lonely City #4

Indeed he will be!!!
 Grin

Adding a couple more Bat books. May get to them tonight (probably not) but figure as I am closing in on the end of my BPRD read (only a few more omni to go  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy) I want to start getting to some classic, well loved or overly discussed comics that I never did get to... or through perhaps.

DCUltra
Batman #127 (back-up story only)
Batman #128 (back-up story only)
Batman #129 (back-up story only)
Batman #130
Joker: The Man Who Stopped Laughing #3

Batman-Joker: Deadly Duo #2
Batman #663
Batman #664
Batman #665

MU
AXE #5
Strange #6
X-Men #15
Ant-Man #1
Ant-Man #2
Ant-Man #3

Other
~B.P.R.D: Hell on Earth Omni v4 (Containing the Following Issues)
The Devil's Wings #1
The Devil's Wings #2
The Broken Equation #1
The Broken Equation #2
Grind (One-Shot)
Flesh and Stone #1
Flesh and Stone #2
Flesh and Stone #3
Flesh and Stone #4
Flesh and Stone #5
Exorcism #1
Exorcism #2

The Exorcist #1
The Exorcist #2
The Exorcist #3

~Abe Sapien: Dark and Terrible Omni v2 (Contains the Following Issues) <--ADDED
A Darkness so Great #1
A Darkness so Great #2
A Darkness so Great #3
A Darkness so Great #4
A Darkness so Great #5
The Shadow Over Suwanee #1

The Shadow Over Suwanee #2
The Shadow Over Suwanee #3
The Garden (II) #1
The Garden (II) #2
The Black School (One-Shot)
Regressions #1
Regressions #2
Dark and Terrible Deep (One-Shot)
The Garden (III) (One-Shot)
The Desolate Shore (One-Shot)

BPRD - So the new character came and went and although I don't know if I shall see her again in the next volume, I do know that by the end here of this volume, I'm not sure that I care if I do or not. I liked her, or at least the idea of her, but... meh, she grew stale. Maybe I will care more about her later? No bad characters just bad 5 issue minis and all that maybe?
 Cheesy

Abe Sapien - Dang! the art by Sebastián Fiumara is something to behold at times. It is stylized but not overly so and fits perfect for this title. His twin brother... can't remember his name, also does some good stuff, but Sebastian is really gaining my attention. This has to end with a confrontation though. It has been setting up for awhile. It has to come to a head here in this last omni damn it

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2023, 02:38:30 AM »

I still want to know why they can't just blow the Vault (the location) all to shit and be done with the entire problem? Is there a shield around the place or... I just don't remember?

That’s answered in X-Men 15

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2023, 05:59:42 AM »

DC Universe Ultra    
Catwoman: Lonely City #1
Catwoman: Lonely City #2

Catwoman: Lonely City #3  
Catwoman: Lonely City #4

————————————————————————-

Catwoman: Lonely City #3  - Wow! That was a lot of VERY SERIOUS twists and turns! I have no idea what this ending will bring!

Catwoman: Lonely City #4 - Damn you Perry.  I hate it when your right but you nailed it on this one.  Absolutely amazing story!  What a great ending.  I’d love to live in this world a little bit longer.  Now I’m going to have start nagging people to read this!

Ha! I finished at 1 minute to midnight!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2023, 12:49:52 PM »

That’s answered in X-Men 15

Sah-Weet!!!

Catwoman: Lonely City [...]  Absolutely amazing story! 

RIGHT?!?! It was so hard trying to get you guys to read this, without giving too much... I think all I said was it was a BL title set about ten years in the future, but I wanted to say much more, just to get you to read it. I was planning on making a top ten books of 2022 and I was going to have that in there (along with Supergirl and Human Target... I hadn't looked for more, those three just popped in my head) but I failed to do a top ten for 2022. So far
 Grin
Glad you did read it but really glad you enjoyed it.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS