HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 07:13:44 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic Book Legend Peter David Hospitalized  (Read 880 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: December 02, 2022, 02:23:57 PM »

Wow! This has been a rough year.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/11/30/peter-david-spider-man-hulk-comic-legend-hospital-stroke/
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2022, 10:44:21 PM »

Saw that, and just screamed NOOOOOOOO!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2022, 03:09:58 AM »

I hope he gets better. This is scary.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2022, 01:58:53 PM »

Was trying to find an update, but not much more news out there other than, once again, it seems like his family has started another go fund me
from 7 days ago --> PAD

up to almost 71k of the 90k goal, so not bad considering he only made it to 45k the last time the family tried GoFundMe.

whew, deep breath and I apologize for what is coming, but rant time!!!  Cheesy

I know this is something that can cause discontent with some people and I also live in an area with high military population so... yeah, this may piss some off, unintentionally... but it still amazes me, not surprises but amazes, that the U.S can spend so much more money on military firepower each year, when we are already the most powerful nation in the world (plus with nukes... I mean) but still, we are so damn powerful and yet we can't figure out how to fund/manage a better healthcare system?

The world spend about 2.1 Trillion on military spending last year. The U.S, of course, spent the most coming in with almost a quarter of that total at 801 Billion spent on military (which is, by the way, more than to top nine other leading nations COMBINED !!!) yet we can't figure out how to stop making people pay so much for trying to stay alive??

F'n Ridiculous.

Now I am all for military personnel getting paid, hell I believe they should be paid more than they are now, and I also understand money going to intelligence spending (for both wet-works and tech improvements) but constantly spending money buying new "blow you out of the water" arsenal (like jets that we never use... yeah, millions and millions wasted, look it up), that kind of shit needs to be reined in.
There is a difference in military spending and defense spending. I think we are powerful enough, lets work on defense for a few years at a cheaper cost, can we? Maybe spread some of the savings into the broken and busted American Health Care system?

To qoute the world atlas : The United States is still the only country in the developed world without a system of universal healthcare.

Laughable.

Sometimes, ya know... does anyone remember the scene in Newsroom (fantastic show!) where Jeff Daniels (playing a news anchor character named Will McAvoy) is asked what makes America the greatest country in the world? Sometimes I feel just like screaming this, begging for an answer. Click below... give it 5 minutes (adult language warning, but damn what a speech)
AMEN!!!

Ya know, I can get, and this is no exaggeration, I can get over 90 Vicodin tablets for a soft $10, but for me to get my thyroid medicine I need, a months supply (one a day) would cost $350 a month? Now I would only have to pay about $98 a month of that, but how can Pharma ask that much for 30 Fucking pills? And that is with a good insurance plan... with a very good insurance plan, one designed for a cheaper prescription cost as the main aspect (as I am on a shitload of pills  Cheesy).

Yet Peter David has to ask people for help to pay for his medical treatment. And he has to do that twice in under ten years?

*pant,pant*
Okay, sorry for the rant.
I'm done.

Sad

Sorry PAD, best wishes!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS