HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:03:30 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, November 28, 2022  (Read 2046 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2022, 11:14:32 AM »

Undecided
So I woke up last night realizing I shouldn't have used certain words in my last post, so I would like to change them now

That's cool, Jeff, and glad you had fun with it, but with the current stuff... bad or uninteresting writing is still bad and uninteresting.

Yeah, that isn't how I would actually describe what those issues are. They are NOT written "badly" and while non of them really hit for me... while I enjoyed only one (The Superman one of all things  Cheesy)... I wouldn't or shouldn't have called the lot uninteresting either. It was certainly uninteresting to ME, hence me stopping, even though I found Dark Crisis to be the better of the offerings, I still found the reasoning lacking... for me. And while I didn't enjoy a single thing about the first couple issues of Young Justice that I read, I shouldn't have classified them, or the rest as either bad or uninteresting as comics.

But hey, even then I was hoping you would enjoy them, and you are, so YAY!!!
Glad you are reading them and not listening to this old fart
 Smiley

Even though you are probably only liking them because you thought they were going to be SOOO bad, yet they are only a little bad to you so in the comparison you think you like them. hahahaha.
Just kidding, just kidding
 Cheesy Cheesy

I hope you continue to enjoy all of them, buddy
 Cool

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2022, 01:36:08 PM »

I like the DC Young Justice mini....

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2022, 02:48:20 PM »

Even though you are probably only liking them because you thought they were going to be SOOO bad, yet they are only a little bad to you so in the comparison you think you like them. hahahaha.
Just kidding, just kidding
 Cheesy Cheesy

LOL! 

There could be some truth to that.  I believe expectations, both high or low, can impact one’s enjoyment or lack thereof!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2022, 01:51:19 PM »

Stopped at my LCS for bags & boards. Picked up Dark Crisis: the Dark Army.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2022, 07:47:12 PM »

I like the DC Young Justice mini....

NOW YOU STOP LYING!

Grin  Wink

Seriously though, I'm happy to know that you did like it and hopefully Jeff will as well.  Smiley
I don't enjoy it when comics are not good to me, but I really hate it when comics are not good for anyone
 Smiley

EDIT - Guess I will drop my list while I'm here...
And yeah, decided to wait on the Riddler Year One. Maybe not for long, but... heck, I don't know. I looked ahead for next week and if the Marvel release calendar is correct (which would be a total shock), there is only one Marvel title I will be reading next week (Alien #1 - new mini starting) and only about 4 DC issues that I want to try and get to (Nice House, Batman vs Robin, Wildcats and New Golden Age) I think I can push it off for another week.

Plus, I need to concentrate on the BPRD stuff a little more anyway

DCUltra
The Joker: The Man Who Stopped Laughing #2
Batman & The Joker: The Deadly Duo #1

The Riddler Year One #1

MU
Fantastic Four #46
Captain America: Symbol of Truth #4

Other
~ B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth - Omni v1 (Collects the following)
New World #1
New World #2
New World #3
New World #4
New World #5
Seattle (short story)
Gods and Monsters - Gods #1
Gods and Monsters - Gods #2
Gods and Monsters - Gods #3

Gods and Monsters - Monsters #1
Gods and Monsters - Monsters #2
Russia #1
Russia #2

Russia #3
Russia #4
Russia #5
An Unmarked Grave (short story)

Joker: Man Who Stopped - A decent enough continuation that I do enjoy. I do love the...
the multiple Jokers aspect... who is who I wonder? I don't think it is the one they are trying to tell us it is, but maybe..??

Batman/Joker - Ha, once I was able to read this without passing out at each panel, I discovered it as too bad of a story. The art was a lot more clear as well when my eyes were not half closed.  Cheesy Yeah, pretty enjoyable actually

BPRD - As this is back to being all one story now, even though they were original released as mini after mini after mini, I see no reason to separate the name of the titles, but I will  Grin
after what happened to the entire world (not to mention our underwater hero Abe, Gods and Monsters gives us an update on Liz and what she is discovering over in the redneck trailer park (uh-oh, frog legs anyone?), while in Russia, so far without Varvara (hmmmm? I wonder why) our incorporeal character Johann, after confronting and controlling a pretty damn large demon that was possessing the Russian worker, steps up to the plate to lead a crew to the catacombs...
That can't end well, yeah?
Tyler Crook is now the artist and the book does look better, but I prefer the way he draws his own horrors over trying to draw what Davis already out to paper. But I get it, sometimes he has to draw those Davis creatures... I mean
after a herd of 75 foot demon/fire spewing slugs set out to destroy almost all of Earth's major cities, you do have to reference that look from time to time.
Grin
« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 08:25:03 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2022, 12:52:00 PM »

DCUltra
The Joker: The Man Who Stopped Laughing #2
Batman & The Joker: The Deadly Duo #1

The Riddler Year One #1

MU
Fantastic Four #46
Captain America: Symbol of Truth #4

Other
~ B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth - Omni v1 (Collects the following)
New World #1
New World #2
New World #3
New World #4
New World #5
Seattle (short story)
Gods and Monsters - Gods #1
Gods and Monsters - Gods #2
Gods and Monsters - Gods #3

Gods and Monsters - Monsters #1
Gods and Monsters - Monsters #2
Russia #1
Russia #2

Russia #3
Russia #4
Russia #5
An Unmarked Grave (short story)

~ B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth - Omni v2 (Collects the following) <--- ADDED
The Devil's Engine #1
The Devil's Engine #2
The Devil's Engine #3
The Long Death #1
The Long Death #2
The Long Death #3
The Pickens County Horror #1
The Pickens County Horror #2
The Transformation of J.H. O'Donnell (short story)
The Abyss of Time #1
The Abyss of Time #2
The Return of the Master #1
The Return of the Master #2
The Return of the Master #3
The Return of the Master #4
The Return of the Master #5

Russia - Well, well, we find out a couple of things here, a couple things that will have future ramifications, I am sure, and one, well, will also come to a head sometime in the future  Cheesy, but answers one of my questions I had a little earlier concerning a certain demon and a little Russian girl. I guess I should have suspected she would be seen, with the title being "Russia" after all. Cheesy
And I think, once I get more of Tyler Crook's own monster designs, I will be very happy with his work here... even though I know it will not last as he moves onto his own stuff soon, but still his tunnel of faces was pretty cool looking
 Cheesy
EDIT -
Oh, and Johann's new containment suit is, not as good to me as the old one. This new one does add more of an aesthetically pleasing visual, I guess, more symmetry in the head, but it does little to add a cool defining trait like before. He had a certain weird style before, with his head looking like a light bulb, that I grew to really enjoy.
 Cheesy Grin
But it may return, so there is hope
 Smiley

« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 12:55:52 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2022, 02:14:14 AM »

Comixology
Parker Vol 4: Slayground by Darwin Cooke

DC Universe Ultra    
Justice League Annual 2022 #1

The Road to Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths
Justice League Vs The Legion of Super-Heroes #1
Justice League Vs The Legion of Super-Heroes #2
Justice League Vs The Legion of Super-Heroes #3
Justice League Vs The Legion of Super-Heroes #4
Justice League Vs The Legion of Super-Heroes #5
Justice League Vs The Legion of Super-Heroes #6

Justice League #75
Justice League The Road to Dark Crisis #1

Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths
Dark Crisis #1
Dark Crisis: Young Justice #1
Flash #783

Dark Crisis #2
Dark Crisis The World Without a Justice League - Superman #1
Dark Crisis: Young Justice #2
Flash #784
Dark Crisis #3
Dark Crisis The World Without a Justice League - Green Lantern #1
Dark Crisis: Young Justice #3
Flash #785
Dark Crisis #4
Dark Crisis The World Without a Justice League - Wonder Woman #1
Dark Crisis: Young Justice #4
Flash #786
Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths #5
Dark Crisis: The Deadly Green #1
Dark Crisis: World Without A Justice League - Green Arrow #1
Dark Crisis: Young Justice #5

------------------------------------------------------

Was only able to read one more this week.  I’ll have to push the rest to the new week.

Dark Crisis #2 - Excellent part two.  Love the stuff between the Titans and the Secret Society.  Can’t wait to keep going!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS