HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:02:59 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, November 21, 2022  (Read 1955 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2022, 06:10:26 PM »

AXE Death to mutants was a waste of my time. I had hoped with Gillen writing it, it be a worthwhile tie in. Naw!

X men 13 was better then
AXE 3 was worthwhile! What a cool moment of prophecy!

Detective comics was fine. It's gonna be a weird storyline from Ram V.

Cap America 4 with Sam was really cool, actually. This new Falcon continues to grow on me.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2022, 06:35:48 PM »

AXE Death to mutants was a waste of my time. I had hoped with Gillen writing it, it be a worthwhile tie in. Naw!

We're gonna disagree on that one! Not sure I would come close to saying it was a waste of time.
I enjoyed it and thought it way more story involved with Eternal reasoning and if I remember, which I probably don't  Cheesy Cheesy I enjoyed seeing the Uranos more on Mars... unless that happened in X-Men
 Grin Grin Grin
If so, then yeah.
 Grin Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2022, 04:52:02 PM »

I read it going...'this really wasn't helpful beyond more minute details coming out that aren't that impactful.'''Unless I'm mooshing some of that with the other AXE tie ins...I just know that once I read AXE 3, which I did after Death to..., I felt much better about AXE again.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2022, 05:01:54 PM »

I've also gone through..

Deathstroke 10-14- Okay. Priest did this better to me in the previous volume. 1 more issue and the title is cancelled again.
Stargirl The Lost Children 1 -LOVED IT. Nauck was so good in this issue! I love the little history and mystery of this all!
Detective comics 1065 - just progressing the story. Kinda weak this month, actually. I can't read that back up. It's so dreadfully terrible I can't progress past a page.
Tim Drake Robin 2 - dammit, I've tried so hard. I cannot read this art. I can't stomach it. Visually, there is nothing I enjoy about taking in this story with my eyes. If the writing was so immediately out of this world, I'd probably try and keep up. However, I'm quitting this book.

Joker: the Man who stopped laughing - OH man, that ending!! What are we gonna see come out of this?
Fantastic Four 46 -I have no connection with this title. Another Richards sibling. Okay.

I hoopla'd
The Scumbag Vol1 Cocainefinger - so weird. But fun to read!
Vampirella Seduction of the Innocent vol 2 - PRIEST
Started Sharkey the Bounty Hunter (just because it's Millar and Simone Bianchi)

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2022, 04:51:45 PM »

I read it going...'this really wasn't helpful beyond more minute details coming out that aren't that impactful.'''Unless I'm mooshing some of that with the other AXE tie ins...I just know that once I read AXE 3, which I did after Death to..., I felt much better about AXE again.

Yeah man, I like what they are doing overall.

I also know that by avoiding most of the "tie-ins", like with any Marvel "event", I won't miss too much. Probably a little of what you felt as well with that one.

All good!

Whew... it seems like almost a year since I have read that BPRD Omnibus concerning those damnable "frogs"  Cheesy but now, after reading some Hellboy Weird Tales, 3 trades containing the history of a Witchfinder, 5 trades starring a 1930's hero with a crustacean fetish  Cheesy, a trade about a WWII Iron Man suit, 3 trades featuring the BPRD back in the mid to late 40s and 3 trades about BPRD's (current) number one, Abe Sapien... not to mention perusing a trade starring a young Hellboy... the day has finally come. Finally, I am returning to where I left off with the BPRD group. Finally I am back to the present.
Oh, how giddy I am.
 Smiley

DCUltra
Batman vs. Robin #1
Batman vs. Robin #2
Worlds Finest #4
Worlds Finest #5

Worlds Finest #6
Worlds Finest #7
Worlds Finest #8
Human Target #8
Tales of the Human Target #0001

The Riddler Year One #1
Catwoman: Lonely City #4

MU
A.X.E: Death to Mutants #1
X-Men #13
A.X.E: Judgement Day #3

Strange #5
Predator #1

Other
~ Abe Sapien: The Drowning and Other Stories *Omnibus (Remaining Issues)
Ogopogo (one-shot)
Subconscious (one-shot)
Lost Lives (one-shot)

Icthyo Sapien (one-shot)
Calm Before the Storm (one-shot)
~ B.P.R.D: Being Human (TPB Collects the following)
The Dead Remembered #1
The Dead Remembered #2
The Dead Remembered #3
Casualties (Short Story)
Being Human (One-Shot)

The Ectoplasmic Man (One-Shot)
~ B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth - Omni v1 (Collects the following) <-Added, with glee  Grin
New World #1
New World #2
New World #3
New World #4
New World #5
Seattle (short story)
Gods and Monsters - Gods #1
Gods and Monsters - Gods #2
Gods and Monsters - Gods #3
Gods and Monsters - Monsters #1
Gods and Monsters - Monsters #2
Russia #1
Russia #2
Russia #3
Russia #4
Russia #5
An Unmarked Grave (short story)

Ectoplasmic - A decent story of what happened to push BPRD's ectoplasmic medium, Johann Kraus, into the containment suit he walks around in. It may have hit a little better if I wasn't in such a rush to get back to the present with the BPRD group  Grin, but still a decent one-shot

Worlds Finest - I remember reading issue #1 and #2 when they hit the shop all those months ago and thinking how absolutely wonderful this title was going to be. I also remember feeling saddened when Jeff wrote, after reading the first 5 issues...
"While I didn’t care for the villain..."
I had thought the first couple issues, which had a couple of other, different villains was whom he was making reference. I have since now discovered the same less than stellar villain and feeling and for that I am kind of pissed.
 Angry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2022, 05:20:34 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
X-Men #13
A.X.E.: Death to the Mutants #1
Daredevil #2
Strange #5
X-Force #30
Genis-Vell: Captain Marvel #2
A.X.E.: JUDGMENT DAY #3
Amazing Spider-Man #8

Comixology
Once and Future #29
Time Before Time #12

Parker Vol 4: Slayground by Darwin Cooke

Hoopla
Once and Future #30
Time Before Time Vol 3 (Collects issues #13-17)

Something is Killing the Children #26
A Righteous Thirst for Vengeance Vol 2 (Collects issues #6-11)

Ice Cream Man Vol 6: Just Desserts (Collect issues #21-24)

DC Universe Ultra    
The Road to Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths
Swamp Thing (1985) #49
Swamp Thing (1985) #50

Infinite Frontier #0
Infinite Frontier #1
Infinite Frontier: Secret Files #1
Infinite Frontier: Secret Files #2
Infinite Frontier #2
Infinite Frontier #3
Infinite Frontier: Secret Files #3
Infinite Frontier #4
Infinite Frontier: Secret Files #4
Infinite Frontier: Secret Files #5
Infinite Frontier #5
Infinite Frontier: Secret Files #6
Infinite Frontier #6

Justice League Incarnate #1
Justice League Incarnate #2
Justice League Incarnate #3
Justice League Incarnate #4
Justice League Incarnate #5

------------------------------------------------------

Justice League Incarnate #1-5 - oh wow.  I can’t believe I stopped reading this right before the issue that ties everything together.  I noticed that Williamson is a co-writer on this.  I’m thinking he plotted this and the other guy wrote the dialogue which is why it’s not as good as Infinite Frontier.  But probably a must read for Dark Crisis.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2022, 01:33:53 PM »

Knocked almost all of my DC... Almost

DCUltra
Batman vs. Robin #1
Batman vs. Robin #2

Worlds Finest #4
Worlds Finest #5

Worlds Finest #6
Worlds Finest #7
Worlds Finest #8

Human Target #8
Tales of the Human Target #0001

The Riddler Year One #1
Catwoman: Lonely City #4

MU
A.X.E: Death to Mutants #1
X-Men #13
A.X.E: Judgement Day #3

Strange #5
Predator #1

Other
~ Abe Sapien: The Drowning and Other Stories *Omnibus (Remaining Issues)
Ogopogo (one-shot)
Subconscious (one-shot)
Lost Lives (one-shot)

Icthyo Sapien (one-shot)
Calm Before the Storm (one-shot)
~ B.P.R.D: Being Human (TPB Collects the following)
The Dead Remembered #1
The Dead Remembered #2
The Dead Remembered #3
Casualties (Short Story)
Being Human (One-Shot)

The Ectoplasmic Man (One-Shot)
~ B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth - Omni v1 (Collects the following)
New World #1
New World #2
New World #3
New World #4
New World #5
Seattle (short story)
Gods and Monsters - Gods #1
Gods and Monsters - Gods #2
Gods and Monsters - Gods #3
Gods and Monsters - Monsters #1
Gods and Monsters - Monsters #2
Russia #1
Russia #2
Russia #3
Russia #4
Russia #5
An Unmarked Grave (short story)

Batman vs Robin - Like Jeff (and I think Jimmy as well... not sure about Rodneym but I think so as well, if I remember right  Smiley) I am also not a huge fan of the antagonist in this series (future event) although I did LOVE seeing
my boy Trigon
in that second issue Grin
But I am in too deep to not stay up on this now. I have faith in Waid.

World's Finest - Look, I love Waid. I think he is an amazing writer with a supreme grasp on how heroes should act, but damn am I coming away cold with my thoughts on his two latest creations. One of which I already touched briefly on above, but here, with
Thunder Boy,
while showing promise, Waid is yet to make me truly feel connected to this guy. Although the last issue did raise my attention level a little bit more, so maybe curiosity will bring a connection soon.
 Smiley
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 03:16:06 PM by Perry » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS