HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 06:04:30 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, November 7, 2022  (Read 1540 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: November 07, 2022, 01:02:57 PM »

I carried over a few titles from last week and my goal was to have a slower week this week, but with Marvel dropping both Red and Immortal X-Men issue fives, I decided it was time to catch up on those two titles. Seeing as how they are the only X-books I am reading now I better get some done. The Green Arrow Crisis issue may be lost in the pile this week, along with the DD and PM/IF issues, but I throwing em up here anyway as I do feel like reading them... as of this writing Smiley 
Plan on going light with Hoopla, though I may still add the next BPRD trade. At least it isn't another omni  Cheesy
I HAVE to get to the Reckless book this week

DCUltra
Gotham City Year One #1
DC’s Terrors Through Time #1
Batman vs. Robin #2
Dark Crisis: Worlds Without A Justice League - Green Arrow (Maybe, but only because its GA)

MU
Daredevil v6 #30
Immortal X-Men #1 (Re-read)
Immortal X-Men #2
Immortal X-Men #3
Immortal X-Men #4
Immortal X-Men #5
X-Men Red #1 (Re-read)
X-Men Red #2
X-Men Red #3
X-Men Red #4
X-Men Red #5
Power Man and Iron Fist #56 (First Mary Jo Duffy PM/IF. I saw MU loaded more older PM/IF, got the urge)

Other
Bloodshot #2
Follow Me Down- A Reckless Book (144 page story)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022, 01:30:11 PM »

I pretty much carried over everything from last week plus the new Marvel stuff that dropped today.  It’s that busy time of year.

Marvel Unlimited
Ant Man #1 - Al Ewing!
Gambit #1 - Chris Claremont!
Genis-Vell: Captain Marvel #1 - Peter David!
Strange #4
The Variants #2
New Fantastic Four #3
Legion of X #4
Immortal X-Men #5
X-Men Red #5

DC Universe Infinite    
Action Comics #1044
Action Comics #1045
Action Comics #1046
Superman Warworld Apocalypse #1
Action Comics #1047

Hoopla
Basilisk #11
Basilisk #12
Little Monsters #4
Little Monsters #5
Little Monsters #6
Primordial #6

------------------------------------------------------

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2022, 05:26:29 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Ant Man #1 - Al Ewing!
Strange #4
The Variants #2
New Fantastic Four #3
Legion of X #4
Immortal X-Men #5
X-Men Red #5

DC Universe Infinite    
Action Comics #1044
Action Comics #1045

Action Comics #1046
Action Comics #1047

Hoopla
Basilisk #11
Basilisk #12

Little Monsters #4
Little Monsters #5
Little Monsters #6
Primordial #6

Action Comics #1044 - I’m starting to get tired of this story.  Probably a sign that it ran too long.  Going to push through as I’ve been enjoying it and definitely want to see how it finally ends.

Action Comics #1045 - Closing in on the big ending.  All the pieces are coming together.

Basilisk #11  - the answers are all coming together. Next issue is the big finish!

Basilisk #12 - And that’s a wrap. One bloody ending.  2nd half was not as good as the first half but it did bring things to an acceptable conclusion.  All in all a good mini series.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2022, 06:30:27 PM »

Started to read Batman vs Robin, got two pages in and decided I needed to add #1. Not sure if I read it, I thought I did, but I remember NOTHING, and without the recap page (thank you Marvel), I have to go back and remind myself what had occurred (If I did read it, haha, thanks DC)
 Cheesy

DCUltra
Gotham City Year One #1
Batman vs. Robin #1 - Added
Batman vs. Robin #2
Dark Crisis: Worlds Without A Justice League - Green Arrow

MU
Daredevil v6 #30
Immortal X-Men #2
Immortal X-Men #3
Immortal X-Men #4
Immortal X-Men #5
X-Men Red #1 (Re-read)
X-Men Red #2
X-Men Red #3
X-Men Red #4
X-Men Red #5
Power Man and Iron Fist #56

Other
Bloodshot #2
Follow Me Down- A Reckless Book

Bloodshot - Great art, though not as much Perez as I mentioned or thought. Still clean and it does remind me of someone, but it is nice to my eyes...
especially the fight through the halls and floors
Smiley

DD - Meh, not as good as the past few. Not a fan of
Electra taking Matt's place.
I'm more intrigued by
what's going on with the other replacement for Matt  Grin

Terror Through Time - Maybe there was a story that was worth the time but I didn't find it. Hoping someone that paid the cover price got their money's worth though

DC:GA - Meh, not bad, not good. Nice ending, but again, there is nothing here in these Crisis special one-shots that have any bearing on the event at all. Much like the main issues of a Marvel Event
 Cheesy Cheesy

Angry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2022, 03:09:48 PM »

This wound up being really good.  Hang in there for this part.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2022, 03:34:42 PM »

This wound up being really good.  Hang in there for this part.

'K
 Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2022, 04:17:07 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Ant Man #1 - Al Ewing!
Strange #4
The Variants #2
New Fantastic Four #3
Legion of X #4
Immortal X-Men #5
X-Men Red #5

DC Universe Infinite    
Action Comics #1044
Action Comics #1045

Action Comics #1046
Action Comics #1047

Hoopla
Basilisk #11
Basilisk #12

Little Monsters #4
Little Monsters #5
Little Monsters #6
Primordial #6

Action Comics #1046 - A twist!  Didn’t see that coming.  Now for the final battle!

Superman Warworld Apocalypse #1 - Finally finished and it was a good ending.  Looking forward to a new future though, and glad For a new story arc.

Action Comics #1047 - Excellent new start spinning out of Warworld.  Really looking forward to the return of this villain!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2022, 03:21:35 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Ant Man #1 - Al Ewing!
Strange #4
The Variants #2
New Fantastic Four #3
Legion of X #4
Immortal X-Men #5
X-Men Red #5

DC Universe Infinite    
Action Comics #1044
Action Comics #1045

Action Comics #1046
Action Comics #1047

Hoopla
Basilisk #11
Basilisk #12

Little Monsters #4
Little Monsters #5
Little Monsters #6
Primordial #6

Little Monsters #4-6 - Glad I came back to this. The story really picked up in these three issues.  And that cliff hanger!  How am I going to wait for the next full trade?!?

Primordial #6 - Flipped through the first 5 issues to refresh my memory b4 reading issue 6.  This one is probably best read all together.  I liked it much better that way.  That said, it had a nice wrap up with this issue.  Good ending a beautiful art by Sorrentino.

That’s two Jeff Lemire series in one sitting! Oh happy day!

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2022, 01:47:33 PM »

Batman Incorporated #2
Batman Urban Legends #21
Dark Crisis #6
Multiversity Teen Justice #6.... final issue. Meh. It was ok, but not stellar.
New Golden Age #1.... HELL YEAH!!!
Radiant Black #19
Superman Son of Kal-el #17... one more issue.

I flipped thru the new Fantastic Four #1. Some beautiful variant covers but gonna pass.

I am curious about Wildcats #1 but can wait til it's on DCUltra.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2022, 02:52:19 PM »

I am curious about Wildcats #1 but can wait til it's on DCUltra.

I’m curious about this too.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2022, 03:29:33 PM »

Batman Incorporated #2
Batman Urban Legends #21
Dark Crisis #6
Multiversity Teen Justice #6.... final issue. Meh. It was ok, but not stellar.
New Golden Age #1.... HELL YEAH!!!
Superman Son of Kal-el #17... one more issue.

Can't hide money, huh Rodney  Cheesy
You still buying all of these, after just joining Ultra? Wow buddy, congrats on having it like that, dawg
 Smiley

I still have to get to the LCS to check out the FF issue, just to see what to expect (doesn't it have to be better than Slott? Doesn't it? Maybe?) but knocked out the Brubaker stuff finally!!
Still want to try and read that X-Men stuff soon, but I don't know...
 Embarrassed
Doesn't help when I add another trade from Hoopla

DCUltra
Gotham City Year One #1
Batman vs. Robin #1
Batman vs. Robin #2
Dark Crisis: Worlds Without A Justice League - Green Arrow

MU
Daredevil v6 #30
Immortal X-Men #2
Immortal X-Men #3
Immortal X-Men #4
Immortal X-Men #5
X-Men Red #1 (Re-read)
X-Men Red #2
X-Men Red #3
X-Men Red #4
X-Men Red #5
Power Man and Iron Fist #56

Other
Bloodshot #2
Follow Me Down- A Reckless Book
B.P.R.D Vampire <-- Added
Time Before Time v1 <-- Added ... I KNOW, I KNOW!!!!  Angry

Follow Me Down - Ahhh, Burbaker and Phillips does it again, mostly. These original trades they make are never going to be joyful reads, most likely  Grin, so I keep that in mind, but this was good for... not being joyful?
 Grin

Vampire - Sooo, somehow I forgot that I had already read this, way back when I was first starting my Hellboy/BPRD universe read through. I read this about five months ago, just on a whim, before I started following the Mignola'verse reading order that I am now following. Ha, soon as I flipped op the first "page" I realized what I had done. It was cool reading this at first without the knowledge of the past and now, months later, reading it in order, knowing what and how and who and all that... getting a different perspective. Better this time I can say!

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2022, 03:55:28 PM »

LOL... I wish I had money like that. I adjusted my pull at my LCS. I still have a soft spot for the old brick and mortar shops. And when I finish a title or book, I generally list it on eBay to break even or make a profit.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2022, 06:12:32 PM »

Grin
Right on. Again, as long as you're happy than who the hell am I, but glad you are getting some $ on the flip. Even an offset of cost is worth it.
 Smiley

That is the way most of us here did it, but it got, for me, so damn frustrating trying to keep the comics in "profitable" shape that I decided to throw my hands up and stop. I still try to give my smaller shop the occasion buck or two, even though I recently stopped getting my Back-Issue from him  Undecided, but price is price and with digital, at least from the top two, being so soon from day of release and the fact I don't have to worry about corner damage, I stay mostly with the tablet now.

And $40 for 8 or 9 issues of Back Issue on my tablet vs $40 for only 4 issues of Back Issue in my hand... ? Yeah, I'm taken the 8 or 9 every time. Sorry 'lil LCS

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2022, 10:38:54 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Ant Man #1 - Al Ewing!
Strange #4
The Variants #2
New Fantastic Four #3
Legion of X #4
Immortal X-Men #5
X-Men Red #5

DC Universe Infinite    
Action Comics #1044
Action Comics #1045

Action Comics #1046
Action Comics #1047

Hoopla
Basilisk #11
Basilisk #12

Little Monsters #4
Little Monsters #5
Little Monsters #6
Primordial #6

Ant Man #1 - Al Ewing! - Love it.  A little jarring at first as it’s written and drawn like a Marvel comic from the 1960’s but it all fits with the story and promises to make this 4 issue mini one to remember!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2022, 02:50:49 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Ant Man #1 - Al Ewing!
Strange #4
The Variants #2
New Fantastic Four #3
Legion of X #4
Immortal X-Men #5
X-Men Red #5

DC Universe Infinite    
Action Comics #1044
Action Comics #1045

Action Comics #1046
Action Comics #1047

Hoopla
Basilisk #11
Basilisk #12

Little Monsters #4
Little Monsters #5
Little Monsters #6
Primordial #6

Gambit #1 - I like this.  It takes place back in the time when Storm first met Gambit and the two we’re running together as thieves.  Probably not a series for everyone but I’m enjoying it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS