HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 07:53:16 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, September 26, 2022  (Read 2234 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2022, 09:28:13 AM »

Daredevil Annual - Okay, a very HEAVY "Mike" issue. wow, I knew they made the "twin" thing from Stan lee's run a true thing, and not just Matt dressed as Mike to fool people, but I never knew much about how/why/and all that. This was a great intro to the character.

Must…keep…mouth…shut….must…not…spoil…so…hard…so…hard… Grin

Soooo, I can expect a surprise with Mike I take it?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2022, 11:41:36 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Amazing Spider-Man #4
New Fantastic Four #1

Immortal X-Men #3  
Maestro: World War M #4

DC Universe Infinite    
Action Comics #1041
Rogues #1
Human Target #6

Hoopla
Dark Knights of Steel Vol 1
War for Earth-3

Richard Stark’s Parker Vol 2: The Outfit
C.O.W.L. Vol 2: The Greater Good (Collects issues #7-11)

------------------------------------------------------

Richard Stark’s Parker Vol 2: The Outfit - Another excellent read as Parker takes on the Outfit, the crime organization of this universe.  Darwin Cookes art really brings this time period together and gives it that Oceans Eleven kind of feel.  Thumbs up!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2022, 02:47:42 PM »

Slow going this week. Of course it doesn't help that I keep adding freaking titles. Especially hurts when I find I forgot to read one of the BPRD mini-series before I moved onto that last Hellboy Omni.
 Angry Angry

DCI
Human Target #6
Rogues #1

MU
Variants #1
New Fantastic Four #1
Daredevil v6 #23
Daredevil v6 #24

Daredevil Annual #1
Daredevil v6 #25
Daredevil v6 #26

Other
Witchfinder Omnibus v1 (collecting the following: )
- Lost and Gone Forever #1
- Lost and Gone Forever #2
- Lost and Gone Forever #3
- Lost and Gone Forever #4
- Lost and Gone Forever #5
- Beware the Ape (short story)
- The Mysteries of Unland #1
- The Mysteries of Unland #2
- The Mysteries of Unland #3
- The Mysteries of Unland #4
- The Mysteries of Unland #5
- Henry Hood in "The Burial of Katherine Baker" (short story)
Dark Knights of Steel v1
- Dark Knights of Steel #3
- Dark Knights of Steel #4
- Dark Knights of Steel #5
- Dark Knights of Steel #6
C.O.W.L. v1: Principles of Power
- C.O.W.L #2
- C.O.W.L #3
- C.O.W.L #4
- C.O.W.L #5
C.O.W.L v2: The Greater Good
- C.O.W.L #7
- C.O.W.L #8
- C.O.W.L #9
- C.O.W.L #10
- C.O.W.L #11
The Mighty
- The Mighty #1
- The Mighty #2
- The Mighty #3
- The Mighty #4
- The Mighty #5
- The Mighty #6
- The Mighty #7
- The Mighty #8
- The Mighty #9
- The Mighty #10
- The Mighty #11
- The Mighty #12
Promethee 13:13 #3
B.P.R.D v14 - King of Fear <-- Added
- King of Fear #1
- King of Fear #2
- King of Fear #3
- King of Fear #4
- King of Fear #5

BPRD King of Fear - Oh yeah!! Man I miss this series. This should have been read, like I said above, BEFORE I moved onto the Hellboy Omni (which is what I read before this current Witchfinder Omni), but as it doesn't (yet) appear to ruin anything I read in that Hellboy Omni, I think I'm okay

The Mighty - I may get through this, I may not. It isn't grabbing me yet, but isn't bad either. Ya know? I think what is hitting me the most is that it is... it is very derivative of... better comics? I hate to say that and it may prove to be highly enjoyable, but I think I picked a bad time to try. There is just too much on my plate as it is, all over the place, and I don't think I am giving it the chance it may deserve. We'll see, but I think I may put this one back and read at another time.

COWL - Enjoyed this for what it is. Not blown away, but still pretty cool. Very noir'ish but still modern feeling at the same time. Love the Union stuff, just really wish they would have included that origin story from issue #6

Mysteries of Unland - Okay now, finally getting some good Witchfinder comics here! Good ole Tyler Crook (Harrow County) brings a nice, familiar look to this creepy tale. Out of all the other Witchfinder stories I have read, all two of them  Cheesy I am enjoying this one the most. And I mean that as a compliment. This one is good so far

Promethee - Best issue yet!! Really getting more into this one, but DAMN I should have waited and read this all together after it was over. It would be a perfect way to read this sci-fi/horror prequel. I sure hope they bring the Promethee story to Hoopla after this is over. Either way, I am reading issue #4 first thing once it drops
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2022, 02:02:05 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Amazing Spider-Man #4
New Fantastic Four #1

Immortal X-Men #3  
Maestro: World War M #4

DC Universe Infinite    
Action Comics #1041
Rogues #1
Human Target #6

Hoopla
Dark Knights of Steel Vol 1
War for Earth-3

Richard Stark’s Parker Vol 2: The Outfit
C.O.W.L. Vol 2: The Greater Good (Collects issues #7-11)

------------------------------------------------------

C.O.W.L. Vol 2: The Greater Good (Collects issues #7-11) - I also enjoyed this.  It does feel unfinished though. I would love to see one more story arc.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2022, 02:28:40 PM »

Tim Drake: Robin #1... curious and going to try the first arc.

I had high hopes for this but just can't do it. Less than stellar intro and HORRIBLE if not UGLY art. Wow! WTF?!?!
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2022, 03:35:31 PM »

I had high hopes for this but just can't do it. Less than stellar intro and HORRIBLE if not UGLY art. Wow! WTF?!?!

Art by (friend of the show) Riley Rossmo was not to your liking?

I can see why.

I flipped through it Saturday and while I am usually a big fan of his unique style, especially on the Bat-Books, I think the lack of an inker here hurt him in the long run. That or he was in a rush, not sure what it was. He does have a style that may not be for everyone, heck, back in the early years it took me a few issues of Proof just to get my eyes used to him and his look, but I eventually did grow to really enjoy his take, but yeah, I have seen better by him for sure.

Hope he is okay

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2022, 04:14:39 AM »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Rodney if you don't like, I KNOW I won't then!! I wanted an awesome Tim Drake book!! DAMMIT!!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS