HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:57:59 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: December 2022 Solicitations  (Read 1557 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: September 16, 2022, 09:34:47 PM »

Alot of Batman stuff but I am more interested in the Dark Crisis-related items and JSA.

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-comics-december-2022-solicitations-covers/
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2022, 02:42:21 AM »

Ok! Let’s get this started!

Batman vs Robin by Mark Waid? Hard to pass this up.

Batman #130 - Chip Zdarsky Batman I’m all over.

Detective Comics #1067 - Ram V writing Mr Freeze I might have to check out.

Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths - of course I’m on this!

Dark Crisis Big Bang - Ditto

Flash #790 - multiple Flash’s.  Cool.

Justice Society of America #2 - by Geoff Johns - Duh!  All over this!

DCeased War of the Undead Gods - another of course!

Danger Street #1 - new Tom King book. I’m in!

Wow.  A lot shorter list than I expected but at least they all look good!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2022, 11:27:20 AM »

Once again, I have my goal or caveat of trying to stick mainly with reading more things in the collected format than not. Again, that is what I am aiming for anyway  Grin
I had three Marvel exemptions, at least for that month, so lets see how many DC ones I end up with...

One point of note, I wonder how good Paul Dano, the actor that played... SPOILERS BELOW... (I think its been long enough, but just in-case)... the actor that played the Riddler in the latest Batman movie will be at writing that Riddler: Year One title? I'm not adding it to my monthly read section, yet, but it may slide in once I give the first issue a try. Yes, it is a ploy... the Riddler writing the Riddler, but it may just work

Oh, also love how the one shot Dark Crisis: Bing Bang totally spoils everything about Dark Crisis in the copy for that one-shot Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

No Nightwing?Huh

Here we go
Monthly reads -

- Batman/Spawn - I hate Todd's writing, well, I am apathetic about it really, but it's a one-shot and as much as I would love to say I won't look at it once it hits DCI, I know I will. I will always take a look-see at Capullo drawing Spawn again, or him drawing anything really.  Grin So yeah, sadly this makes the list.

- Batman: One Bad Day Catwoman - I had already decided that I was adding Tom King's Batman: One Bad Day Riddler as well as Mariko Tamaki's OBD Two-Face, so I may as well hit Wilson's. Will be adding others as well, most likely

- Batman vs Robin - Honestly going to try my hardest to wait for the first 6 issues to be collected befire I read this, but I am going ahead and putting this here as I know I will fail. I absolutely, 101% fell in love with Waid's World's Finest (art by Dan Mora) and while I am not as in love with the artist on this (I thought Mahmud Asrur's art on King Conan was just okay... not bad, but...), I am hoping a different inker will make his work shine a tad more on this. If not, then I will gladly add it back to my collected read and be almost as happy about it Grin

- World's Finest - See above  Grin

- Batman - I will be adding this as soon as Chip (with Jimenez) starts.

- Detective Comics - I will be adding this as soon as Ram (with "rice" Wink) starts.

And hopefully, that is it. I am hoping to avoid all the mini/maxi series, like I wish I would have done with Human Target, but we will see. I know it will be hard, but I am going to try... TRY... to wait and read the following when done

JSA - Like Jeff, never a doubt for me on this one
Stargirl - Johns and Todd Nauck
DCeased War
Wildcats
Danger Street
Sandman Universe: Dead Boy Detectives
Dark Crisis - Love how they added "...On Infinite Earths" beginning with issue #4. See? It's a true crisis book  Cheesy
Of course this is the last issue, so I should be able to read all seven of these issue this month!! Yay
(If I didn't start already  Cheesy)

Sooo, interesting... maybe only to me  Grin...
While I have more overall comics from Marvel that I want to read - 3 "read as they hit" MU and 17 to read collected
but...
I have more from DC that I want to read monthly - 6 "read as they hit" from DCI (Hell, 7 if Nightwing was there)... so more than double the Marvel must reads (of course all 6/7 are also Batman related, which says a lot about me... and DC)
 Undecided
Also, while I do have much more Marvel that I want to read collected (17 of them) and have a mere 7 from DC to be read collected... 5 of those 7 have a much stronger pull than (most of) the 17 Marvel. Hell, 5 of those DC 7 will be a true struggle for me to wait for. May. Not. Make. It!
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2022, 11:49:42 PM »

Okey Dokey, I'll put it all down!!

Catwoman One Bad Day - Okay, I'll try it!

Batman Vs Robin 4 - I'm so excited for this whole series!

Batman
Detective Comics
Batman/Superman World's Finest
Batman Incorporated
Batman Urban Legends 23 - FINAL ISSUE!!! You guys see that?
Nightwing
Tim Drake, Robin

I'll come to Riddler Year 1; why not?

Action Comics
Superman Son of Kal-El
Too much Dark Crisis things Cheesy

Flash
Justice Society
Stargirl Lost Children
Wonder Woman -Why, but I do....

Blue Beetle Graduation Day -I always come back to this character. Always! Can't help myself!

WildCATs -Bring it!

Dark Knights of Steel
Human Target

Gotham City Year One- Okay, I didn't read much into the prior 3 receipts, but hey, it's Tom King! I'm on board now!!

Titans United: Bloodpact - Crosses fingers that this is worthwhile!

Batman & Joker -the price of Marc Silvestri alone means I turn these pages Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2022, 01:31:44 PM »

Dark Knights of Steel
Human Target

Gotham City Year One- Okay, I didn't read much into the prior 3 receipts, but hey, it's Tom King! I'm on board now!!

Titans United: Bloodpact - Crosses fingers that this is worthwhile!

Batman & Joker -the price of Marc Silvestri alone means I turn these pages Cheesy

Clearly I didn’t read far enough down.  I stopped when they started listin collected editions and missed these.

Of course I’m getting them too!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2022, 04:03:20 AM »

Yeah, it's weird that they list the trades in the middle of the whole listing.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS