HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:33:58 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: December 2022 Solicitations  (Read 1106 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: September 15, 2022, 08:50:38 PM »

Loads of fun stuff for the holidays.

https://www.gamesradar.com/marvel-comics-december-2022-solicitations-covers/
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2022, 11:02:39 PM »

Ok - here we go!!

Timeless #1 - They had me with Miss Minutes on the cover.  But it's a Kang story showcasing the years new stories?  Oh yeah!

Dark Web #1 - Madelyn Pryor?  Zeb Wells?  Magik on the cover?  And Spider-Man?  Yes please.  I'm in.

Amazing Spider-Man #15 & 16 - Ed McGuinnes replaced JRJR as artist?  Hmmmm.  Hopefully I'm still onboard by the time this comes out.  Plus it ties in to Dark Web.

Venom #14 - Dark Web tie-in and written by Al Ewing.

Mary Jane & Black Cat #1 - Jed MacKay writing Black Cat again?  And a Dark Web tie in.  Maybe....

Dark Web X-Men #1 & 2 - Starting to look like I'm board for all of these tie-ins.

Fantastic Four #2 - Doombots!!

Planet Hulk Worldbraker #2 - Hmmmm.  I'll have to try this one out.

Sabertooth & the Exiles #2 - I was excited until I saw the variant cover with that egg lady Nanny on it.  I'm sure I'll try it out anyway.

X-treme X-Men #2 - Chris Claremont & Slavador Larroca together again!  I'm in so in for this!

Secret Invasiton #2 - I liked the original event.  I'll give this a try.

Doctor Strange Fall Sunrise #2 - I'm ready for some more Dr Strange in my life.

X-Terminators #4 - I like all of these ladies - Dazzler, Boom-Boom, Jubilee, and X-23 (I refuse to call her Wolverine).  This could be fun.

Legion of X #8 - This series is so weird.  But I'll most likely still be reading it.

X-Men Annual #1 - Firestar spotlight - I'm there!

X-Men Red #9 - I'm still reading this right now but it's on the bubble...

Immortal X-Men #9 - So far this is the best X-Title out.  So I'll likely still be reading.

X-Force #35 - Love this book.  Looks like it's still going strong.

Wolverine #28 - Yep - gotta see Logan fight his way out of this place.

Strange #9 - Loving the adventures of Clea.

Strange Academy: Finals #3 - Soooooo glad this is coming back!

Punisher #9 - Not sure I'll still be on this by issue 9.

Dare Devil #6 - Oh yeah - I'll still be on this bad boy!!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2022, 09:20:01 AM »

First off, I don't think I've ever seen McGuinness draw Spider-Man. Hmmmm, either way, I will have to see about that one. I have become less and less a fan of his over the years. Not because he isn't good at what he does, but merely I find myself not enjoying what it is he does.
 Grin

Secondly, if all things go as I plan, which they won't, the only ones I will be reading monthly once they hit MU are:

- Fantastic Four - Because I will always try to come home

- Miracle Man - Because I have always loved the idea of a Marvel Shazam family... even though it isn't theirs originally. Hopefully this time around, with new art and a new plan, this title will work out better than the last time Marvel tried?

- Dr. Strange: Fall Sunrise - Because Tradd Moore freaks me the hell out!  Grin His Surfer was great, like tripping balls while completely sober. If this title is half as good as that, I will more than happy. And how could it not be... crazy ass Steve Ditko by way of Tradd Moore? Ohhh, my eyes are drooling already.

And, I think that is it. I have one more title that I would like to add to my monthly read list above, but... I don't know, we'll see.

As for reading them at some point, when they get a good amount of issues in the can hopefully, I will be reading:

Alien
Predator
The Not So Amazing For Me, So Maybe-Man  Grin
Captain America: Symbol of Truth
Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty (Is it just me or does the Carmen Carnero cover look like a bad Steve Epting swipe!!)
Damage Control
Daredevil
Midnight Suns
Planet Hulk: Worldbreaker
Punisher
Thor
Timeless
Savage Avengers
She-Hulk
Strange
Strange Academy: Finals
Immortal X-Men (This is the one I am not sure how I want to read it yet. I may read this as it hits)

In closing,
At some point, some day in the very distant future, I will try to get back to reading the Marvel Star Wars stuff. No time soon, but some day
I am excited about Avengers Assemble. Maybe because of the covers, maybe because Aaron is leaving? Is it both?
Love that Alex Ross Panther cover!!!
A new Iron Man by Duggan, it states "It all Ends". Cool, I feel the same way  Grin I don't know, maybe. Not sure on this one
The Namor cover/costume sucks
I know it's just me, probably, but that X-Terminator variant looks like Boom-Boom is cupping and kissing X-23's boob!! Cheesy
Deadly Neighborhood Spidey cover... love the shot, great atmosphere, but wouldn't the rope just slip off?  Roll Eyes
That Bjorn Barends Ghost Rider cover really makes me miss my 2000AD days!!
Also, man I would love to see Juan Jose Ryp's Wolverine and maybe I will check in, but I just can't read Percy for any length of time
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2022, 01:17:05 AM »

I will read

Timeless

Dark Web sounds...ridiculous!  Cheesy

Amazing Spider-man
...(I do like the look of the linking covers)
...and maybe I read Mary Jane & Black Cat...?? Hmm??
...Spider-man, due to Bagley on Spidey? But it's Slott...
& Spider-man The Lost Hunt because of J.M. Dematteis

Invincible Iron Man 1 - Okay, here's what I'm sick of. What's the tagline? 'Tony loses his money, his company, all his friends, blah blah....' THIS IS THE SAME STORY LINE EVERY YEAR. It's Duggan, and I have a spot in my hear for what he writes, but I'm so damned tired of this storyline in every single run of the ol'Shellhead

I think I'll Read 'Avengers Assemble' because it's Aaron's exit from the book, so why not?

Fantastic Four
Hulk: Worldbreaker
Deadpool
Sabretooth & the Exiles
Captain America: Sentinel & & Symbol
Ghost Rider
Thor
Strange
She-Hulk
Punisher
Moon Knight
Thunderbolts
Daredevil

X-treme X-men - please Larocca, return to form as one of my favorite artists ever!!
Legion of X
X-men Annual - cuz I've always loved Firestar. Thanks Spidey and his Amazing Friends!!
X-men Red
Immortal X-men
Wolverine?

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS