HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 03:54:18 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain America: New World Order premieres in theaters February 14, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, August 22, 2022  (Read 2149 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: August 22, 2022, 12:56:09 PM »

New week! New comics! What are you reading?
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2022, 01:10:00 PM »

Grin
Just started this week's thread as well.
Copy/Paste time
 Cheesy

New week!!
Only one DC?? Well shit!
 Angry

DCI
Nightwing #89

MU
Immortal X-Men #2 - I checked, and in the back is says read this prior to Red, if you're reading that Wink
X-Men Red #3
Eternals #12
Thor #25
Fantastic Four #43 - Going to try... TRY to read this until the end. New writer soon, so want to see the set-up, if any
Maestro: War and Pax #1
Maestro: War and Pax #2
Maestro: War and Pax #3
Maestro: War and Pax #4
Maestro: War and Pax #5
Hulk vs. Thor: Banner War Alpha
Daredevil v6 #17

Other
B.P.R.D Plague of Frogs v2 Omnibus - Remaining issues-
 - War on Frogs #3 - Epilogue
Promethee 13:13 #2

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2022, 02:13:54 PM »

Checked out this week's new comics at the Lone Star website. Didn't see anything I "had" to have. So I will be visiting my MU list.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2022, 03:30:58 PM »

Lots of Marvel this week!

Marvel Unlimited
Immortal X-Men #2
X-Men Red #2
Eternals #12
Wolverine #21
X-Force #28

DC Universe Infinite
Justice League 72      
Nightwing 89      
The Flash 779

Hoopla
Richard Stark’s Parker: The Hunter - Adapted & Illustrated by Darwyn Cooke

------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Removed the three comics listed under MU that didn’t release this week after all.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 06:19:13 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2022, 12:46:42 PM »

Edit: Removed the three comics listed under MU that didn’t release this week after all.

Yep, you have to wait until Sunday midnight or Monday morning to make your Marvel list. It is just impossible for a person, a company, a major conglomerate of thousands upon thousands of people, to provide a list (of their own items) at anytime prior to the day of release. It isn't as if they know months in advance what the books will be, please, that is a silly thought. You're just asking far too much.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 12:50:20 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2022, 01:35:55 PM »

DCI
Nightwing #89

MU
Immortal X-Men #2
X-Men Red #3
Eternals #12
Thor #25
Fantastic Four #43
Daredevil v6 #17

Other

Nightwing - Still an amazingly well written title, but deep in the night (or early as fuck in the morning) my crazy brain became stuck on two VERY minor points of contention early in the issue that I found frustrating and that almost took over my enjoyment. Luckily enough the writing, the art, the character(s) are so damn good that the issue hung in and was still delightful.
My minor issues -
1 - I found it impossible that Jon could have became lost as he could've/should've easily heard his dad/mom/anyone call his name and been able to fly there.
2 - Batman's cowl should not be able to be removed in that manner nor should it be so... stretchy... ?  Cheesy
Yes I know, not too much to get riled up over, and I am glad stupid ass me still really liked the issue.

Immortal X-Men - I did like this issue. I truly did, but I am thinking I am no longer an X-Men guy. The violence that passes  as the norm is... not troubling to me but does feel like certain characters should be more... troubled by it? Kinda? I don't know. I will see hoe X-Red hits me and go from there.

FF - Love the idea, well I like the idea, but still too "Slotty" for me. Two or three more issue before the change and my plan was to stay on for the end of Slott's run, but... I don't think I will make it.

BPRD - War on Frogs - Really enjoyed this omni. The team starts to be a team, the threat is palatable as a threat and there is characteristics to the characters that I find both enjoyable and not... which is a good thing. Really scared, time wise (as I came close to not finishing this 430 or so page tome in time), about adding the third omni to the borrow list, but I don't think I can hold off for long

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2022, 09:00:18 PM »

FF - Love the idea, well I like the idea, but still too "Slotty" for me. Two or three more issue before the change and my plan was to stay on for the end of Slott's run, but... I don't think I will make it.

Sadly, this series ended today and we are getting a new #1. Ugh. It's like Spider-man all over again.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2022, 09:43:42 PM »

FF...

Sadly, this series ended today and we are getting a new #1.

And I look forward to it.
 Grin
Talked a few days ago about the new writer and his idea's and I am hopeful!!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2022, 12:40:36 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Immortal X-Men #2
X-Men Red #2

Eternals #12
Wolverine #21
X-Force #28

DC Universe Infinite
Justice League 72      
Nightwing 89      
The Flash 779

Hoopla

Immortal X-Men #2 - Now I remember what I hated about Gillen’s original X-Men run.  His writing of Sinister. It was terrible back then and still not my cup of tea.  But his doing a good job with Hope and Destiny.  That makes up for it.

X-Men Red #2 - I was enjoying the first half of this comic with Vulcan, Cable, and Brand but the second half when Storm, Sunspot, Magneto, and crew showed up it was much less enjoyable. Still not sure if I’m on board for the long haul or not. But I will get the next issue.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2022, 04:21:54 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Immortal X-Men #2
X-Men Red #2

Eternals #12
Wolverine #21
X-Force #28

DC Universe Infinite
Justice League 72      
Nightwing 89      
The Flash 779

Hoopla

Eternals #12 - Good wrap up to the Thanos arc.  The crossover with the X-Men is next!

Justice League 72 - Crossover with Justice League Dark!  My only complaint it that this artist can NOT draw Detective Chimp worth a flip.  Otherwise - I like that the JL Dark team is the focus in this issue.  Finally a whole issue with them!

Nightwing 89 - Ugh.  I'm not going to like this arc.  I just can't stand the aged up Jon Kent.  And now he's buddy's with Nightwing?  That's fine I guess but I miss the Jon/Damien team ups.  Bendis ruined this character for me.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2022, 09:46:55 PM »

I BOUGHT Genis-Vell Captain Marvel #2!!! I love buying my good ol' buddy!

It's $4.21 right off the shelf!!  Shocked

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2022, 10:00:36 AM »

I BOUGHT Genis-Vell Captain Marvel #2!!! I love buying my good ol' buddy!

It's $4.21 right off the shelf!!  Shocked

YAY!!! I flipped through it but it willl be on my MU list eventually.
I picked up:
Harley Quinn #21
Batman White Knight Presents: Red Hood #2
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 10:02:44 AM by Gay Titan » Logged
The Barking Shark
HR Sidekick

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2022, 01:54:34 PM »

Genis-Vell Captain Marvel #2
Public Domain #3

Have both issues of CM, but haven't read them yet. Public Domain is really damn good, anyone here reading it?
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2022, 03:15:54 PM »

Public Domain is really damn good, anyone here reading it?

Not me, no physical copies for me. Just waiting for Hoopla to get it. Hopefully they will.
I can wait... I can wait....
 Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2022, 03:26:26 PM »

DCI
Nightwing #89

MU
Immortal X-Men #2
X-Men Red #3
Eternals #12
Thor #25
Fantastic Four #43
Daredevil v6 #17

Other

Promethee 13:13 - This tense sci-fi prequel has me hooked. Never read the Promethee series by Bec, but have always wanted to try. This has me wanting to find it and dive-in as soon as I get through this (On Hoopla? I will find out!). Good stuff by Andy Diggle and artist Shawn Martinbrough who, I guess, reunite from their Thief of Thieves days. I never read that but I think Jeff did, yeah?

Eternals - Yep, as we all figured, The X-Men are who we THOUGHT they were! (heehee, old Dennis Green reference for you NFL fans!) I am pretty, pretty, pretty excited for A.X.E
(Yes, I also threw in a Larry David reference!)
 Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS