HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:03:20 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Maybe we just go ahead and move this?  (Read 1999 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: December 28, 2021, 08:18:51 PM »

I don't think anyone here is still getting Valiant, save for me getting Shadow-Man (Is Shadow Man spelled in the same manner as Spider-Man? Hyphenated? Two words? No? See? Nobody cares  Cheesy) so maybe just move Valiant into "The Rest" thread? No biggie, one way or the other, just thought if you want to tighten things up you could damn sure get rid of this old gem of a thread.
Man, did they kill this company or what?
 Cry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2021, 03:10:19 AM »

Good idea.  I’ll move it when I get a minute.  Sad such a great company fell apart. I used to love these stories.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 03:32:05 AM »

I'm glad I got/bought that dvd rom of 700 Valiant comics when I did. there may only be a few storylines I don't know how they finish before the company was bought by that chinese media company, or whatever it was that happened to drown this company.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2022, 12:39:50 PM »

There are some good ones not on that collection you have, but not to the point where should or would ever stress about missing them.
You got the gold and got it at a great price!
 Smiley

Man, I'll say it again, what a fall for this company  Sad That Bloodshot movie, not good but... I thought that was going to be a turning point to at least get a few comic readers looking. But it never did. That was after they sold anyway, I think, so...
But I still don't understand how, at the time, Oni was getting almost double the sales as Valiant, back when Valiant was kicking all kinds of ass.

But then again I never understood how the fall of the once great CrossGen was never able to be rebooted by Marvel either  Angry
Damn
Now I've gone to thinking about that company and made myself sad.
 Cry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2022, 09:25:57 PM »

The Valiant board has been merged with this “The Rest” board.  You can find all the historical posts from that board here now as well.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS