HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:43:22 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, June 20, 2022  (Read 2427 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2022, 01:28:41 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Eternals: The Heretic #1
Uncanny X-Men (1987) #220
Uncanny X-Men (1987) #221
Uncanny X-Men (1987) #222

DC Universe Infinite
Robin & Batman #2
Batman: The Imposter #3

The Joker #10
Adventures of Superman Annual #2 (1990) - L.E.G.I.O.N / Superman crossover part 1
L.E.G.I.O.N. Annual #1 (1990) - L.E.G.I.O.N / Superman crossover part 2

ComiXology Unlimited
Black Hammer: Reborn #12

Hoopla
The Ghost in You: Reckless Book 4 TPB
Bone Orchard: The Passageway TPB

Substack
Fable by Johnathon Hickman
Ruins by Johnathon Hickman

------------------------------------------------------

The Ghost in You: Reckless Book 4 TPB - Brubaker and Phillips have to be the best creative team.  Right up there with Claremont & Byrne and Wolfman $ Perez. This series is great and this book keeps up the quality.  Ethan and Anna have become favorite characters (up there with Erica Slaughter) and in this book, Anna takes center stage!  Fun mystery about an old mansion and whether or not it’s haunted.  Complete with an Elvira styled owner.  Decent ending but the journey is what makes it all worthwhile.

Bone Orchard: The Passageway TPB - I’m baffled.  But what a ride.  Lemire & Sorrentino might be the next great creative pair.  The visuals are just so amazing.  This is the first in a series of mystery horror books.  It’s very much like Gideon Falls.  I’m looking forward to the next book.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2022, 05:40:39 PM »

I have gone to my way way back machine to read DC from periods I've missed.

I'm into the Jurgens era Justice League, when he was writing/doing art breakdowns...while also writing/drawing fully 'Superman' , leading up to and through the Death, Reign, and Return of Superman

Justice League America 64--78. This was Jurgen's run. Not amazing, but I liked reading it, as the JL stories were kept small, Guy Gardner had no character to work with, and Bloodwynd had been introduced, and then the mystery revealed in Jurgen's last 2 issues. Then, new wrtier took over at 78...and it was all down hill, in terms of story, and TERRIBLE 90s art. I briefed into the story of Tora's death, and said good bye to the title. It was ended at 92 I Think , or at least, the app doens't even have the full run of stories loaded up through then, so it must be poor stuff!!

I've decided to move back over to Superboy! Kon-El! I loved Karl Kesel and Tom Grummett on this title, and going back to see Conner as a teen is really cool to see. I'd still like to move past the brooding sulky angry guy we have today. But Iv'e already gone through

Superboy 1-8; as I have already read this several times, so it's all a breathe of fresh air to come back to it. One, I loved his costume at the time, and the fact he looks like a teen! However, taking place on Hawaii, and the coloring skills at the time, the Pacific Islander skin tones leave so much to be desired.  Also, there was the Worlds Collide 2 parter with Milestone that interfered with the frist 6 months of the title, as well as Zero Hour, so I'm looking forward to getting past all this!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2022, 09:43:27 PM »

Superboy 9-21 ; barely reading this, just being reminded what I've already read. Cheesy I'm getting close to where I was done with the title, I feel it!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2022, 02:43:50 PM »

Superboy 9-21 ; barely reading this...

Yeah, sometimes ya just want the "Feels"  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS