HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 08:09:09 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, May 30, 2022  (Read 2738 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: May 30, 2022, 01:33:15 PM »

I got an early start to our Memorial Day Comic day listing because I was up and reading at midnight!

I'll edit this later with my thoughts

MARVEL UNLIMITED
Amazing Spider-man 89
Ben Reilly, Spider-man 2
She-Hulk 2
Ghost Rider 1
Avengers Forever 3
Captain Marvel 36
Devil's Reign Spider-man
Iron man 17
Silver Surfer Rebirth 2

What a Marvel List!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2022, 03:28:50 PM »

I got an early start to our Memorial Day Comic day listing because I was up and reading at midnight!

I haven't read for crap over the last 2 weeks (wife and I have been movie/series zombies), so as I have nothing to say....
Let me throw thoughts on Jimbo's list
 Grin Grin Grin

Amazing Spider-man 89 - Honestly, I find myself getting excited about the upcoming relaunch. Getting back to Spidey
Ben Reilly, Spider-man 2 - Just a time thing. I was out of comics when he was a thing, but hope it is good
She-Hulk 2 - Enjoyed the first issue. Hope I start reading again before issue #8 is due to hit
Ghost Rider 1 - Man, I wanted this so bad and then I saw Percy was writing. I am going in with open arms though.
Avengers Forever 3 - I think I still need to read #2? Or do I? Man, I have to start reading again
Captain Marvel 36 - Another title I want to try
Devil's Reign Spider-man - Not yet
Iron man 17 - Funny the love I had for the first couple arcs and the way it changed so drastically. My love did, I mean
Silver Surfer Rebirth 2 - Hope this was as good as the first. Well, it hit me with a warm fuzzy feeling more than it hit me as good, but that's okay, that is just a different form of "good"  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2022, 05:56:15 PM »

Big Marvel week!

Marvel Unlimited
Black Widow #14
Captain Marvel #36
Dark Ages #5
Devil’s Reign: Villains For Hire #2
Devil’s Reign: X-Men #2
She-Hulk #2
Silver Surfer Rebirth #2
Strange Academy #16

DC Universe Infinite
The Flash #776
L.E.G.I.O.N. #14
L.E.G.I.O.N. #15
L.E.G.I.O.N. #16
L.E.G.I.O.N. #17
L.E.G.I.O.N. #18

ComiXology Unlimited
Little Monsters #3
Once & Future #19
Once & Future #20
Once & Future #21

------------------------------------------------------

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2022, 01:55:18 PM »

Is this the same Ghost Rider that is appearing in Avengers Forever?
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2022, 06:23:38 PM »

Is this the same Ghost Rider that is appearing in Avengers Forever?

No!

NO, NO, NO
 Grin

However, I thoroughly enjoyed Avengers Forever #2 because of THAT Ghost Rider.
(Just saying)
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2022, 06:50:19 PM »

Okay, so no list, per se, as I haven't read a thing (hardly) in two weeks, so I doubt I will get through this, but here is what I would like to read out of those that is dropping from the big two this week.
(Really rethinking about the other stuff and what I am going to do with those. I really need Comixology (Amazon) to be better than it is)

DC
Checkmate #6 (last issue)

MARVEL
Avengers Forever #3
She-Hulk #2
Ghost Rider #1
Silver Surfer: Rebirth #2
Strange Academy #16

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2022, 08:48:24 PM »

Perry...I think you're REALLY gonna like that Ghost Rider by Percy!!!! REALLY!!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2022, 04:24:29 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Black Widow #14
Captain Marvel #36
Dark Ages #5

She-Hulk #2
Silver Surfer Rebirth #2
Strange Academy #16

DC Universe Infinite
The Flash #776
L.E.G.I.O.N. #14
L.E.G.I.O.N. #15
L.E.G.I.O.N. #16
L.E.G.I.O.N. #17
L.E.G.I.O.N. #18

ComiXology Unlimited
Little Monsters #3
Once & Future #19
Once & Future #20
Once & Future #21

Black Widow #14 - That ending.! Whoa! I can’t believe that just happened. Can’t believe I have to wait until next issue to see how that gets resolved.

Captain Marvel #36 - Kind of glad this arc is wrapping up.  I still enjoyed it but it ran a little too long. 

Dark Ages #5 - Another good chapter.  I like seeing some of the characters grown up.  Makes them even more interesting.  And the identity of Venom? Nice!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2022, 01:39:12 PM »

I haven't opened a single issue this week. My son graduated last Saturday and my daughter finishes 7th grade today. I am ready for summer break and a cold adult beverage.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2022, 07:14:25 PM »

Sounds great, Rodney!

and I agree with Jeff on Captain Marvel 36.

Here's to what I've done:

MARVEL UNLIMITED
Captain Marvel 36 Without having followed the series to this point, it felt long, or...unnecessary? But I guess goo enemies make me feel that way, since it did feel...underdeveloped. But why wasn't Phyla freaking out that her brother was alive?!!! Or...anyone else for that matter? I know that's me wanting Genis to be the BEST but please, her brother was back alive!!! Nothing?!

Amazing Spider-man 90 Brothers don't shake hands! Brothers hug! Continue on, please. I"m fine with reading this. And Bagley spider-man art!

Iron Man 17 Iron God continues. Of course humans with godly powers are bad people. And such it is here. But with some comical flavoring.

Avengers Forever 3 I think I end up a sucker for alternate world stories that are good and fun. And I like this presentation! Because it's not 'real Avengers' which I have not like Aaron's writing on! But then eventually, at least one fan favorite character from this run will bleed over into the MU, and we'll have Miles Morales and Spider-gwen, and Holocaust, and Dark Beast, and others, be joined by another alternatue character.

Ben Reilly Spider-man David Baldeon either really just NAILS  the panel or page, or I think it looks like terrible drawing and rendering. I like reading this, I will continue to read and enjoy!

She-Hulk 2 Hey you Jack of Hearts fans! Enjoy this issue! I've NEVER read that goofy looking guy in any book, but what was presented here made me go "whoa....that's cool..." So read on, friends!

Silver Surfer Rebirth 2 I like me some proper Thanos/Silver Surfer world reality altering stuff. And the last page should please other fans!!

Ghost Rider 2 I love how...disgusting and filthy the issue made me feel. Great GR stuff!!

DC INFINITE

Hey now, Jeff had the proper trick! When a book is supposed to come out on a date, but doesn't show up in the latest recent, search the book individually in it's title selection, and it may be there! Like:

Flash 776 was! IT was goofy, but you what, really fun!!!I enjoyed it. But I got wee little kids. And I can't find everything I was searching for, either! (You'll know it when you see it!) But man...why does the artist draw such small eyes, and so close together?!

Superman '78 4 Such a guilty pleasure, and you know what? Pretty good too!

Task Force Z 2 I don't like that this book is made. I don't like the thin vein that keeps Jason on this time. I don't like this angle/avenue in the DC world/Batman comics. I won't stop reading it. Wink

Wonder Woman Evolution 1 No. I don't like it. Feels too pat, very uninteresting, and I'm tired of WW always having to prove herself again and again. that, and the square nose and face is visually ugly.

Robin 8 Hey, I"m digging the ending, and the manipulations in the book. Keep it up team!

Nubia and the Amazons 2 no. I wish I understood what DC was doing with the seperate Amazon nations and their purposes with good writing.

Detective 1045 A fine resolution to this parasitic adventure. Felt a bit like a title churning it's wheels until Fear State would leave this writer/title alone to do what they wish to now. But I still enjoyed it.

Deathstroke Inc 3 Nice and finer manipulations through this issue! Feels like the book is getting traction, and I can get behind that!!!

Aquaman/Green Arrow Deep Target The artist is just really OKAY, and considering the story was only really told through art this issue, it feel real low in my estimation. I want better.

Batman 241 From May 1972! The story of Mary MacGuffin! HA! Denny O'Neil, you get me! I lvoe his writing, Novick is fantastic, I love the Teen Robin stories in the back with Dick Grayson in the red/green and yellow, and I love the 70s art by these guys to just make these figures so lithe and sensual!!

HOOPLA

What's hoopla you ask? It's what Perry turned us back on to; it's a digital sharing LIBRARY service. My old library in my former city didn't do it 3 years ago, but it's much improved now, and my current city does have it!
Only 13 downloads in a month, 7 at a time, auto returns in 21 days, but hey! I just read:

BATMAN THREE JOKERS and I loved it! The viewer for Hoopla was really good with zooms, pinch in and out, panel to panel, and it showed up really well! And I just really dug the story AND JASON FABOK IS GREAT!!

SAGA 55 I may not have to wait 4 more years than the 3 years it's been to read this in the ultimate hardcover? YES I WILL READ MONTHLY ISSUES OF THIS!

But then I just added a bunch of Image adn Skybound titles in my favorites. I picked up the omnibus versions of the trade, because they have 14 issues in them, and I can get more titles to download then! Very excited to use this resource as well!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2022, 02:58:25 AM »

Captain Marvel 36 Without having followed the series to this point, it felt long, or...unnecessary? But I guess goo enemies make me feel that way, since it did feel...underdeveloped. But why wasn't Phyla freaking out that her brother was alive?!!! Or...anyone else for that matter? I know that's me wanting Genis to be the BEST but please, her brother was back alive!!! Nothing?!

Possibly because she's not our Phyla?  I believe she's the one that came over from another universe with Moon Dragon in the GotG book.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2022, 12:12:11 PM »

Possibly because she's not our Phyla?  I believe she's the one that came over from another universe with Moon Dragon in the GotG book.

oh curses! that's right!....I think! Hell, who even knows anymore!?!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2022, 07:46:42 PM »

HOOPLA

What's hoopla you ask? It's what Perry turned us back on to; it's a digital sharing LIBRARY service. My old library in my former city didn't do it 3 years ago, but it's much improved now, and my current city does have it!
Only 13 downloads in a month, 7 at a time, auto returns in 21 days, but hey! I just read:

BATMAN THREE JOKERS and I loved it! The viewer for Hoopla was really good with zooms, pinch in and out, panel to panel, and it showed up really well! And I just really dug the story AND JASON FABOK IS GREAT!!

SAGA 55 I may not have to wait 4 more years than the 3 years it's been to read this in the ultimate hardcover? YES I WILL READ MONTHLY ISSUES OF THIS!

But then I just added a bunch of Image adn Skybound titles in my favorites. I picked up the omnibus versions of the trade, because they have 14 issues in them, and I can get more titles to download then! Very excited to use this resource as well!!

I am soooo jealous!!  My local library doesn't have the Hoopla option.  I'm trying to finagle my way into a library card from a neighboring town so I can jump into this!!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2022, 04:33:27 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Black Widow #14
Captain Marvel #36
Dark Ages #5

She-Hulk #2

Silver Surfer Rebirth #2
Strange Academy #16

DC Universe Infinite
The Flash #776
L.E.G.I.O.N. #14
L.E.G.I.O.N. #15
L.E.G.I.O.N. #16
L.E.G.I.O.N. #17
L.E.G.I.O.N. #18

ComiXology Unlimited
Little Monsters #3
Once & Future #19
Once & Future #20
Once & Future #21

Devil’s Reign: Villains For Hire #2 - Just ok.  I was going to keep reading this just to see how it ends, but now I’m thinking I’ll just skip the rest.

Devil’s Reign: X-Men #2  - also just OK. But decent enough to keep reading. I do want to know how this turns out. Oh and by the way, it’s really just an Emma Frost and Electra story not X-Men.

She-Hulk #2 - Yep. Loving this. I’m also loving the Jack of Hearts mystery.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2022, 04:34:54 PM »

HOOPLA

I am soooo jealous!!  My local library doesn't have the Hoopla option.  I'm trying to finagle my way into a library card from a neighboring town so I can jump into this!!

I did it! Got a library card from a neighboring town.  Starting next week I’ll have Hoopla on the list!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS