HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:15:18 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AUGUST 2022 Solicitations  (Read 2008 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: May 23, 2022, 05:46:40 PM »

More than a few interesting items.

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-comics-august-2022-solicitations-covers/
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2022, 09:47:44 PM »

Black Adam written by Priest could be interesting.

I wish someone would write a Batman comic.  We just don't have enough Batman.   Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2022, 11:13:39 PM »

IT'S A MONTH ALREADY?!!

Wow.

okay, got the Regulars:

Batman, Robin, Nightwing, Detective;
 but-

Batman-One Bad Day The Riddler? by Tom King? Yes please
Batgirls
-Okay, sheesh, there has to be 6 mini series all starring Batman himself. wtf DC

Flashpoint Beyond
 & The Flash

Dark Crisis continues! (and I see Daniel Sampere on here, so that means no more Action Comics for him at some point...)
 & (most tie-ins hee hee!)

A NEW CHAMPION OF SHAZAM?! harumph...let's see it last....

Action, Superman Son of Kal-El

Aquaman & Flash for fun...I hope...

Worlds Finest!

Black Adam and PRIEST

Deathstroke Inc, I think...

Wonder Woman

Hmm....

Batman and Catwoman must be a different mointh...or finished?! I can't remember. Maybe it's done
No Blue and Gold. Maybe only 12 issues
Justice League Incarnate must lead into Dark Crisis

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2022, 11:51:40 AM »

Batman and Catwoman must be a different mointh...or finished?! I can't remember. Maybe it's done
No Blue and Gold. Maybe only 12 issues
Justice League Incarnate must lead into Dark Crisis

Blue & Gold ended earlier this month with #8, JL Incarnate ended with #5 and Batman/Catwoman wraps up with #12.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2022, 01:02:29 PM »

For me...

Batman stuff - Yeah, eventually, almost all of it, but most certainly the Worlds Finest stuff!!
(Need to get back into all that White Knight stuff as well. It is almost an entire universe now)

DCeased: War of the Undead Gods - 100% yes. The final arc

Dark Crisis - You bet, but just the main, no tie-ins for me... well,. maybe the GL one by PKJ. I love his Alien work

Olympus Rebirth - Great cover. I wish Tedesco also did the interior, but that's by Yarsky (recent Black Hammer) so... okay

Black Adam - by Priest I have to try

Catwoman Lonely City - I am so looking forward to this. Love Cliff Chang's stuff!

Fables - I look forward to this and will be returning to this world with glee!!

Sandman: Nightmare Country - I look forward to this and will be returning to this world with glee!!  Grin

Swamp Thing - YES!! And it looks like they gave it 2 more issues to finish the story. Was only a 14 issue mini, now 16

Also looking forward to Bendis' last Legion so we can hopefully return to the classic look, and get a new "proper" Legion series!!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2022, 08:34:36 PM »

Seeing all the back up pages in DC Infinite releases this week highlight the upcoming Batgirls..."I'M OUT, JERRY! I'M OUT!"

I CANNOT read art like that. I will not enjoy it. I have never enjoyed it. I'm done before I start.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2022, 10:12:23 PM »

Seeing all the back up pages in DC Infinite releases this week highlight the upcoming Batgirls..."I'M OUT, JERRY! I'M OUT!"

I CANNOT read art like that. I will not enjoy it. I have never enjoyed it. I'm done before I start.

Same here. Love the characters. Hate that art.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS