HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:04:54 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain America: New World Order premieres in theaters February 14, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: September 2022 Solicitations  (Read 1648 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: July 21, 2022, 06:29:26 PM »

What looks good to you?

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-comics-september-2022-solicitations-covers/
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2022, 03:19:58 PM »

Sure I'll play  Smiley, even though I won't be seeing any of these for another 8 to 9 months  Cheesy Cheesy

-Batman - I will be on when the Chip run starts (here in about another 3 or 4 months for us DCI folks)

-Batman vs Robin - Mark Waid back at DC and doing more books? I mean no doubt I am getting this

-Tim Drake - I'll try it, but the over-sexualization of male characters kills me. When its a woman... "OH SHIT! STOP!"  Roll Eyes

- Ya know what ....
Batman Family stuff - Just a catch all for most of the Batman stuff. Nightwing, Catwoman(?, yes), etc ...
I refuse to list the 50% of DC's solicits that I'm interested in because they are Bat related  Cheesy

- Dark Crisis (et all) - Going to alsp try all the mini's/one-shots I can, I think

- DCeased: War - Of course! The final chapter!!

- Superman Warworld - ? Just not sure yet, but I think so.

- Action - The same. Confidant... well semi-confidant the next couple issues of Action are better than the last one I read.

- Flashpoint Beyond - Yes

- DC Horror - YES!! But scared as shit because I'm not a Bruce Campbell fan. Though I am sure he's a nice guy  Smiley

- Human Target - Always in my sights (heehee)

- Nice House on the Lake - Uh-Huh, you bet

Also probably checking out the Fables stuff and the of course the Sandman stuff as well
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2022, 11:37:44 PM »

Without looking at Perry's list I'll show you mine - then compare and see how close we are!

Batman #127 - Chip Zdarsky on Batman I'm checking out.

Batman vs Robin #1 - Mark Waid?  Heck yeah.  I'll be on this one.

Dark Crisis #4 - I'll be on the main book.  Not sure if I'll get on the tie-ins.

Flash #786 - I'm still on this book.  No reason to doubt I won't get this.

DCEASED: WAR OF THE UNDEAD GODS #2 - Well yeah.  Tom Taylor back with another chapter? Of course!

SUPERMAN: WARWORLD APOCALYPSE #1 - The conclusion to the Authority War World adventure.  I'll be there.

ACTION COMICS #1047 - I'll stay on this to see how it is with Superman's return.

FLASHPOINT BEYOND #5 - Sticking with Geoff John's for this fun.

DC HORROR PRESENTS: SGT. ROCK VS. THE ARMY OF THE DEAD #1 - I'm curious on this since it's written by Bruce Campbell.  Actor's writing comics can go good or bad.

THE HUMAN TARGET #7 - One of the best DC comics right now.

DARK KNIGHTS OF STEEL: TALES FROM THE THREE KINGDOMS #1 - Another fun series from Tom Taylor.

TITANS UNITED: BLOODPACT #1 - I enjoyed the first series so I'll check this out.

NIGHTWING #96 - Another Tom Taylor hit.

THE NICE HOUSE ON THE LAKE #10 - Really enjoying this series.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2022, 11:54:26 PM »

LOL - Almost an exact match for me and Perry!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2022, 01:45:24 PM »

LOL - Almost an exact match for me and Perry!

Right?  Smiley

I think that's the reason when you are reading something that I am not, I always try to keep your thoughts on it in my mind for the future. We tend to enjoy a lot of the same stuff. Which just shows how regardless of religious, political stances, there is always a common ground to be had, somewhere.

Going even further, even though I routinely share a lot of the same feelings and thoughts on titles/issues with Jimmy, it is occasionally for a totally different reason than when I agree with you. Sure, sometimes, it comes down to being a DC thing where I either complain about his favorite side of DC Wink  (and also times where I have received a great source of background info from him) but not always. Sometimes it just comes down to agreeing or disagreeing on the art.

Funny thing about a community huh? You can all enjoy the same thing for the same reasons, you can all enjoy the same thing for totally different reasons and you can even enjoy things that for some reason the others didn't enjoy at all  Cheesy, but we listen and try and understand why, Discuss reasons why. Brings us closer I think.

Hell, maybe Rodney will find some time to give us some thoughts soon as well. I know he posts his thoughts from time to time and I know he is hella busy, but yeah, would love to agree, disagree, praise or argue even more on comics with him. *hint, hint*
 Smiley

Okay, man, it must be my time of the month. Looks like I am emotionally moody as hell right now
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Ignore all this, please!
 Grin Cheesy Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2022, 02:03:35 PM »

Must...read...later! Or I won't get anything done in the morning here!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS