HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:01:08 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, May 23, 2022  (Read 1335 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 23, 2022, 12:50:02 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
X-Men #8
Thor #22
Uncanny X-Men (1987) #216
Hulk: Future Imperfect (1993) #1
Hulk: Future Imperfect (1993) #2

DC Universe Infinite
Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow #5
The Nice House on the Lake #6      
Justice League #69      
Nightwing   #86   
Robin & Batman #1

ComiXology Unlimited
Image! 30th Anthology #1
Newburn #6
Geiger 80 Page Giant #1
Lazarus: Risen #6
Saga #58
Something is Killing the Children #22

------------------------------------------------------

« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 04:21:58 AM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2022, 02:28:45 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
X-Men #8
Thor #22

DC Universe Infinite
Justice League #69      
Nightwing   #86   
Robin & Batman #1

ComiXology Unlimited
Image! 30th Anthology #1
Newburn #6
Geiger 80 Page Giant #1
Saga #58

X-Men #8 - not a bad story even with M.O.D.O.K. Lol.

Thor #22 - I think this will be my last arc on Thor. I’m really not enjoying this story so I think it may be time to take a break.

Uncanny X-Men (1987) #216 - I liked the ending to this two-part story. It also sets up how the team is going to be run going forward. This is a fun X-Men time.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2022, 04:23:53 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
X-Men #8
Thor #22

DC Universe Infinite
Justice League #69

Nightwing   #86   
Robin & Batman #1

ComiXology Unlimited
Image! 30th Anthology #1
Newburn #6
Geiger 80 Page Giant #1
Saga #58

Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow #5 - Another excellent issue.  This is one of Tom Kings best series.

The Nice House on the Lake #6 - Ugh! The more answers we get, the more questions we get! I’m still enjoying this. Can’t wait to learn more.

Justice League #69    - JL Dark story only.  Another nice chapter in the Merlin story. Still wish they had their own book.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2022, 04:04:41 PM »

I forgot that Something is Killing the Children doesn’t drop in price so I went ahead and grabbed issue 23 for this week.

Marvel Unlimited
X-Men #8
Thor #22

DC Universe Infinite
Justice League #69

Nightwing   #86   
Robin & Batman #1

ComiXology Unlimited
Image! 30th Anthology #1
Newburn #6
Geiger 80 Page Giant #1
Saga #58
ADD: Something is Killing the Children #23

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2022, 10:41:34 AM »

Radiant Red #3
Robin #14... part of the Shadow War
Teen Titans Academy #15... final issue
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2022, 04:25:37 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
X-Men #8
Thor #22

DC Universe Infinite
Justice League #69

Nightwing   #86   
Robin & Batman #1

ComiXology Unlimited
Image! 30th Anthology #1
Newburn #6
Geiger 80 Page Giant #1
Saga #58
Something is Killing the Children #23

Hulk: Future Imperfect (1993) #1 & 2 - Great story and even greater art from George Perez.  Brings some nice context to the current Maestro series as well.

Nightwing #86 - Not bad for a Fear State tie-in.  Definitely fun seeing Nightwing, Tim Drake, Batgirl, Spoiler, and Orphan working and fighting together.

Robin & Batman #1 - Jimmy was right. This is good.  Should have known a Jeff Lemire Dick Grayson story was going to be engaging.  I’m onboard for this 3 part mini!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2022, 01:57:58 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
X-Men #8
Thor #22

DC Universe Infinite
Justice League #69

Nightwing   #86   
Robin & Batman #1

ComiXology Unlimited
Image! 30th Anthology #1
Newburn #6

Geiger 80 Page Giant #1
Saga #58

Image! 30th Anthology #1 - I like the anthology idea. Getting a taste of many different stories is kind of fun. Sadly I only enjoyed the first two stories. Blizzard by Geoff Johns and Old Dog about a hired spy type. But that’s the idea of this series, getting to see what you like and don’t like.

Newburn #6 - oh wow. Really good issue. I liked that we get some background on the assistant and it adds to the plot of the story. Big thumbs up.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2022, 03:48:14 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
X-Men #8
Thor #22

DC Universe Infinite
Justice League #69

Nightwing   #86   
Robin & Batman #1

ComiXology Unlimited
Image! 30th Anthology #1
Newburn #6

Geiger 80 Page Giant #1

Saga #58

Geiger 80 Page Giant #1 - Great book! I love this new world that Geoff Johns has created. Great characters and I love that this previews two new comics coming out this year. And both of them look really good. My only complaint is that this is called an 80 page giant. It’s only 77 pages including the cover as page number one. Seems like a rip off! I still love it though.

Lazarus: Risen #6 - A much better issue bringing us finally to some answers.  Unfortunately the end said issue 7 is coming out January 2022.  That came and went almost six months ago.  Sad

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2022, 04:29:05 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
X-Men #8
Thor #22

DC Universe Infinite
Justice League #69

Nightwing   #86   
Robin & Batman #1

ComiXology Unlimited
Image! 30th Anthology #1
Newburn #6

Geiger 80 Page Giant #1

Saga #58

Saga #58 - Another good issue.  Things are about to get real out of hand.

Something is Killing the Children #22-23 - And my favorite book does not disappoint.  We’re building up to some big confrontations and I for am looking forward to them!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2022, 12:53:21 PM »

Had a lot of fun digging through Hulk's Future Imperfect pages to truly love George Perez's work, and just honor his craft, skill, and amazing ability to draw, render and illuminate everything he does in a panel, great stuff!!

that said...

MARVEL UNLIMITED

Moon Knight 8 Poor, poor issue. No Marc, because of Devil's Reign. The other Fist going against the myth of a different god in a one off story to surely never be mentioned again. (or it'll be the main antagonist of the series in a year. But not very auspicious start.

Iron Fist 1 I read it. Who he is, is repeated at least 3 times through the issue to really enforce who it is. I have no inspiration to read issue 2. I 'nothing' this issue. I don't hate it, I don't love it, I don't think it's got potential, I don't think it's a flop, I simply 'nothing' it.

X-men 8 An issue where I feel the Modok stuff is just a quick backdrop of nothing to highlight Sync's struggle, but the information talk of Cyke and Sync is more important. the action stuff was really just...fluff. Huh. Not much to chew on here.

Amazing Spider-man 89 Obviously, it's understodd that the Goblin Queen is
Kafka.
Peter is still really sick from radiation poisoning and recovery. but his healing is so up and down...is he strong enough to walk? No. Can he climb up a wall and grab 2 people from falling with webbing? Yes.! WTF, give me some consistency.

Hulk 4 I'm all in for this new mythos pursuit of things! Keep this coming out as fast as you can!

DC INFINITE

Batman 117 I found this to be good! I liked it! Not sure where reviewers turned off from it. If anything, due to tie-ins, the ending feels truncated and quick mopped up. But I liked it!

Blue & Gold 4 I actually think this may have been the best issue yet, in that it's actually, purely, 'good' just due to the formating and telling of the story, and using Jurgen's and Maguire's art too!

Green Lantern 8 Ugh. Seen this done before Kyle that there 'are very special people who are Lanterns who transcend more than other Lanterns' and that shtick was done way better than this. And this Far Sector GL from nowhere can take a long walk off a short pier. Do not like her.

Nightwing 86 Solid and doable issue, but with the greatest highlight of it being that all the people are just acting like siblings and comfortable people happy with being close to each other. Love it.

Suicide Squad 9 I read it, thought I liked it-I liked the art!-but be damned if I can recall the end of this thing. Blame my memory on whatever truly happened with this, but I'm glad I read it!

Supergirl Woman of Tomorrow 5 is a fantastic book, with a fantastic look provided by the artist chosen. I really wonder what kind of resolution we'll see after the rising narrative meets confrontation and resolution! I really can't predict where this will go.

Superman Son of Kal-El 5 The issue of 'the kiss' highlighted by media. I was more interested in watching Jon try to do more and more when he could, and still feel like he's failing and rudderless, even with decades of his dad's actions to follow. But he's a young man who does not have the wisdom to see what his father was doing was a good job. Maybe I'm looking more into on my own that what is there, but that's what I look into it with. Smiley

Aquaman The Becoming 3 This series has moments of very goodness, hamstrung around cartoon actions provided by GI JOE Cobra goons. The way that the Atlanteans act is so damned dumb and infuriatingly poorly writen. I have NO IDEA how the final events of the issues were set up; ALL THE CHARACTERS WERE ON THE OTHER COAST OF THE US BUT ENDED UP AT THE SAME PLACE ON THE WEST COAST ON THEIR OWN-
-
-
HUH?!!!!

I got more...to read...

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS