HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 03:02:27 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: She-Hulk  (Read 1948 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 18, 2022, 12:45:30 AM »

I’m not sure about this one….

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2022, 09:05:05 AM »

My brother hit me up last night about this, seemingly minutes after it aired as I knew nothing about it yet. He, a non-comic guy, was less than pleased. Of course, his two main gripes were the weak as hell effects and the fact they talk about her being the face of a "Superhuman Law Division".

I had to explain (after he convinced me to watch it) that yes the effects are less than stellar and they better fix that a little more before airing, which I'm not sure at this point they will, but don't be too harsh on the Superhero Lawyer part. Jenn is a lawyer in the comics but she isn't just a woman that does hero law. No idea why Marvel would pigeonhole her into something stupid like that... just let her be a damn lawyer that occasionally works with heroes. Ya know, like in the freaking comics.

The actress playing Jenn is an amazing actress, I have seen her in a few things and she is always top notch, but the directing, in parts, also looks very suspect.

I tried to calm him down so he would at least try it, as I don't see me coming back to Disney+ for this premiere (certainly not for Ms. Marvel *shudder*) and I would like his non-comic audience input on it  Cheesy. But maybe when I come back for Obi-Wan I will check this out? Again, I do like the actress, a lot, and I did grin at the "Yes, Yes, Yes... NO, NO, NO" part.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2022, 12:26:07 PM »

the trailer felt so fast and slap/dash in creation that I felt I couldn't focus on it. We'll see.

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2022, 05:25:05 PM »

Who watched the first episode? Thoughts?
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2022, 08:31:30 PM »

I, sadly, have no interest in this one.  I’ll wait to see if you think it’s any good.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2022, 09:44:59 PM »

Better than I thought it would be, but that isn't saying much.

I'm giving it a shot. I like the 1/2 comedy approach.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2022, 06:41:07 PM »

Better than I thought it would be, but that isn't saying much.

I'm giving it a shot. I like the 1/2 comedy approach.

The first episode was fun and I enjoyed it. Watching the second episode tonight with my daughter.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2022, 09:48:34 PM »

I have been liking it.

I'm afraid it's going to be typical Marvel show stuff of

-spend too much time on weird little, drawn out stuff, then
-blast through an ending that is dissatisfying.

I don't see that yet! But I'm afraid for it!

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2022, 09:31:06 PM »

Just finished episode 5. It's ok, I guess. Much better than Ms Marvel. The Easter eggs and cameos really make the show.
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2022, 09:36:02 PM »

Trailer for the second half of season 1.

https://youtu.be/WEBaSW9rbQk
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS