HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:25:06 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, May 9, 2022  (Read 1527 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 09, 2022, 01:01:16 PM »

Small week for me.  Might get to make some progress on those L.E.G.I.O.N. books!

Marvel Unlimited
Dare Devil: Woman Without Fear #2
Fantastic Four Life Story #6
Fantastic Four: Reckoning War #1

DC Universe Infinite
The Human Target #1
Batman/Superman: Authority Special #1
L.E.G.I.O.N. #11
L.E.G.I.O.N. #12
L.E.G.I.O.N. #13

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2022, 12:39:20 AM »

Marvel Unlimited

DC Universe Infinite
The Human Target #1
L.E.G.I.O.N. #11
L.E.G.I.O.N. #12
L.E.G.I.O.N. #13

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dare Devil: Woman Without Fear #2 - While I'm not a fan of Kraven as a villain, I still like how this story is playing out.  I'm much more interested in Elektra facing off with Aka and look more forward to that eventual fight.  But still, good story and still enjoying it.

The Human Target #1 - Love it!!  Always love a good crime story and the splash page reveal of suspects is going to make this awesome!  Thumbs way up.

Batman/Superman: Authority Special #1 - I liked the story but not the art.  Actually, in one sense the art makes sense for this world but it doesn't work for Superman, Batman, or the Authority.  Really distracted from what I think would have been a lot more enjoyment.  I know this though, I'm ready for this team to get to Warworld so we can get that party started.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2022, 11:57:32 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
ADD: Sabertooth #1 - adding because Jimmy said it was good.

DC Universe Infinite
The Human Target #1
L.E.G.I.O.N. #11
L.E.G.I.O.N. #12
L.E.G.I.O.N. #13

L.E.G.I.O.N. #11-13 - The Emerald Eye!  I love how this book takes traditional Legion concepts and mimics them for this timeline.  Lots of fights within the team and the introduction of Phase (basically Phantom Girl).  They finally name themselves LEGION.  Still a fun read.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 07:43:14 PM by Jeff » Logged

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2022, 12:20:49 AM »

Dark Knights of Steel #6
Rogue Sun #3
Superman: Son of Kal-el #11
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2022, 08:50:09 PM »

Dark Knights of Steel #6

Is this series any good?  

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2022, 09:13:54 PM »

Dark Knights of Steel #6

Is this series any good?  

REALLY good! Great mix of super-heroes with sword & sorcery. Reminds me of an Elseworld tale and not gloom & doom like Death Metal was.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2022, 03:20:04 AM »

Marvel Unlimited

Sabertooth #1

DC Universe Infinite
The Human Target #1
L.E.G.I.O.N. #11
L.E.G.I.O.N. #12
L.E.G.I.O.N. #13

Fantastic Four Life Story #6 - Well it’s over.  That’s the best I can say.

Fantastic Four: Reckoning War #1 - Seems like this is going to be important but it didn’t pull me in.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2022, 05:00:09 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Sabertooth #1

DC Universe Infinite
The Human Target #1
L.E.G.I.O.N. #11
L.E.G.I.O.N. #12
L.E.G.I.O.N. #13

Sabertooth #1 - Jimmy was right.  Good issue and great update to what happened to Sabertooth after his exile by the Quiet Council way back in the early days of the Krakoa nation.  I’ll be reading this series.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 01:23:48 PM by Jeff » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2022, 01:40:20 PM »

FCBD 2022: Avengers/X-Men Judgement Day - The crossover event looks good. I’ll be checking that out. Did not care for the Bloodline story. Will skip that. The X-Men story is interesting but I’m not very excited about another Hellfire Gala.

FCBD 2022: Spider-Man/Venom - these previews seem OK for what they are, but there wasn’t enough here to get me interested in buying them. Or in my case reading them on Marvel Unlimited.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2022, 08:54:11 PM »

Yes, I'm late,
But from last week ...

FCBD 2022: Avengers/X-Men Judgement Day - Enjoyed this entire book. Looking forward to this now, more than I was at first hearing of it.

FCBD 2022: Spider-Man/Venom - Not into the Venom stuff, but kind of pulled into the Amazing Spidey stuff. Seems like a good time to try it again. Been gone so lone now it seems

E-Cellent #1 - I semi-enjoyed the Milligan/Allred X-statix stuff from years back, but this didn't hit for me. Not sure if it was me not being into the premise any longer or if I just aged past it

FF Reckoning War Alpha - I reckon after reading this I will not be going for more

X-Men #7 - Just enough good stuff to keep me invested for a couple more months

Mary Jane & Black Cat: Beyond Yeah, Jimmy called this one. Enjoyed it.

Thor #21 and Jeff nailed this one. The ending pulled it all together and made more sense of hammer's recent acting up.

Avengers Forever #2 - Aaron is still not blowing it out of the water, but I am getting more and more into this. A very good issue for a character I usually can't stand. Not that said character did anything, really, but maybe that is why I liked it?
 Wink

Human Target #1 (Re-read) - Read this in the shop ... holy cow ... 6 months ago? Man I hate this 6 months lag for DC, but I did love this issue, again!! At least now it is only a month wait for the next one

Dark Knights of Steel #1 - Great issue. Loved the "small" little twist early, and well, you know. Good art makes this yet another Tom Taylor winner!!

Legion of Super-Heroes #1 (1989) - another reread, but one I read on DCI awhile back. Trying to turn on to Legion proper again, so trying to get through this massive "5 years later" title. Harder to remember when the names they use are not the "super-hero" names  Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS