HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:09:19 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, May 2, 2022  (Read 1347 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 02, 2022, 02:49:21 AM »

If the preview calendars are right, this is my list for the week.

Marvel Unlimited
Devil’s Reign #3
Devil’s Reign: Winter Soldier #1
Death of Doctor Strange #5
X-Men #7
Thor #21

DC Universe Infinite
Deathstroke Inc. #2
L.E.G.I.O.N. #11
L.E.G.I.O.N. #12
L.E.G.I.O.N. #13

ComiXology Unlimited
Little Monsters #2
Star Trek: The Mirror War #5

------------------------------------------------------

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2022, 01:48:44 PM »

Added Mary Jane & Black Cat: Beyond #1 to my list as Jimmy recommended it.

Marvel Unlimited
Devil’s Reign #3
X-Men #7
Thor #21
ADD: Mary Jane & Black Cat: Beyond #1

DC Universe Infinite
Deathstroke Inc. #2
L.E.G.I.O.N. #11
L.E.G.I.O.N. #12
L.E.G.I.O.N. #13

ComiXology Unlimited
Little Monsters #2

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2022, 03:01:51 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Devil’s Reign #3

X-Men #7
Thor #21
Mary Jane & Black Cat: Beyond #1

DC Universe Infinite
Deathstroke Inc. #2
L.E.G.I.O.N. #11
L.E.G.I.O.N. #12
L.E.G.I.O.N. #13

ComiXology Unlimited
Little Monsters #2

Devil’s Reign #3 - the trope that everyone hates the heroes and is ok with the villains is kind of old.  It’s generally not that interesting.  But the stuff with Doc Ock is a lot more interesting.  I enjoyed the second half of this issue.

Devil’s Reign: Winter Soldier #1 - so far the tie-ins have been meaningless.  This one is no different and honestly was a bit of a chore to read.

Death of Doctor Strange #5 - Disappointed in how this ended.  I’m looking forward to the new Strange series spinning out of this but not a fan of this wrap up.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2022, 12:52:12 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Devil’s Reign #3

X-Men #7
Thor #21

DC Universe Infinite
Deathstroke Inc. #2
L.E.G.I.O.N. #11
L.E.G.I.O.N. #12
L.E.G.I.O.N. #13

ComiXology Unlimited
Little Monsters #2

X-Men #7 - Hmmm. Not really enjoying my Marvel comics this week.  Not sure how much longer this will hold my interest.  Didn’t care for the monster villains and a story sometimes is only as good as the villain you have to fight.

Thor #21 - well I was about to thumbs down this one as well but then it pulled it out in the end and it all made sense.  Now I wound up liking this one.

Mary Jane & Black Cat: Beyond #1 - lol. Yeah this was pretty good. Jeb McKay has a good read on Black Cat.  Always makes her adventures fun.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2022, 01:51:29 AM »

Mary Jane & Black Cat: Beyond #1 - lol. Yeah this was pretty good. Jeb McKay has a good read on Black Cat.  Always makes her adventures fun.

From when we talked this week, I just love that
that lame ass bitch Parker Robbins gets eaten, and will no longer (for now) be The Hood, "feared ruler of the criminal underwold!" that's why I loved it so much!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2022, 01:59:36 PM »

Batman #123
Batman Killing Time #3.... surprisingly, it's a great story
Flashpoint Beyond #1
Radiant Black #14

I flipped through the Nubia Coronation Special #1. I loved Trial of the Amazons, but really didn't see the need for a follow up.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2022, 04:00:21 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Devil’s Reign #3

X-Men #7
Thor #21

DC Universe Infinite
Deathstroke Inc. #2
L.E.G.I.O.N. #11
L.E.G.I.O.N. #12
L.E.G.I.O.N. #13

ComiXology Unlimited
Little Monsters #2

Deathstroke Inc. #2 - Meh. Not terrible but not terribly interesting either. I’ll give it one more issue to pull me in.

Little Monsters #2 - Not as good as the first issue.  Not sure I’m going to get caught up in this story.

Star Trek: The Mirror War #5 - not sure I’ll be able to finish this.  It’s drug out too long already.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2022, 05:54:59 PM »

Another slow comic week as there has been too much tv and movie watching the last 15 days or so  Cheesy. I blame the wife. We are also trying to bust out the last few A24 movies that we want to see to be caught up on those (I think we have only 9 more to go).
Of course it also didn't help that DCI, my bank and I have had ... issues That has been fun!!
 Roll Eyes Angry Angry

Checkmate #1 - Yep, I enjoy the hell out of this. I do wish it actually mattered, but still, enjoying it greatly. Hope the finish is decent. It will not matter, but  Angry

Rorschach #1
Rorschach #2
Rorschach #3
- A damn fine crime story. Superbly written, with very good art, this one ranks as one of the best comics/series/minis that I have read this year (or last year? Me coming in late and DCI being 6 months afterwards and all)
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS