HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 07:51:35 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, April 18,2022  (Read 2345 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: April 18, 2022, 03:51:13 AM »

Big week for comics.  Hopefully I can get through these!

Marvel Unlimited
X Lives of Wolverine #1
X Deaths of Wolverine #1
X Lives of Wolverine #2
X Deaths of Wolverine #2
X Lives of Wolverine #3
X Deaths of Wolverine #3
X Deaths of Wolverine #4
X Lives of Wolverine #4
X Lives of Wolverine #5
X Deaths of Wolverine #5
Dare Devil: Woman Without Fear #1
Devil’s Reign: Superior-Four #1
Dark Ages #4
Fantastic Four #39

DC Universe Infinite
Batman: The Imposter 1
The Joker 8
Justice League: Last Ride 6
Superman and the Authority 4
L.E.G.I.O.N. #7
L.E.G.I.O.N. #8
L.E.G.I.O.N. #9
L.E.G.I.O.N. #10

ComiXology Unlimited
Time Before Time #11
Stillwater: The Escape One Shot
The Silver Coin #10
King of Spies #4
Something is Killing the Children #21
Black Hammer Reborn #10

------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:  Rearranged Wolverine titles in order they are supposed to be read.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 04:31:45 AM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2022, 02:46:41 PM »

Still need to finish a few of last week's Bat books but this is what I expect in Wednesday's pull.

Nightwing #91
Trial of the Amazons:  Wonder Girl #2... part 6 of 7 of this storyline.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2022, 03:36:35 PM »

Still need to finish a few of last week's Bat books but this is what I expect in Wednesday's pull.

Hey man, you hitting any of that MU stuff yet?
I had to look it up (as my brain SUUUUCKS  Grin) but you had mentioned that sometime around March would be the time you would hit the MU digital scene...

Speaking of which, it is getting close to that time isn't it? Time for you to get all Marvel'd up  Cheesy

Yep, I think March comics are where I start online, but I have been enjoying the plethora of back issues at MU.

... did that get pushed back? Did you change your mind? Just curious my man, just getting curious if you are now reading some of the stuff we are?
 Cool

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2022, 01:42:04 AM »

I did finish all of last week; but I got no time to add in this weeks, but I'll come around!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2022, 06:13:42 PM »

Hey man, you hitting any of that MU stuff yet?
I had to look it up (as my brain SUUUUCKS  Grin) but you had mentioned that sometime around March would be the time you would hit the MU digital scene...

Speaking of which, it is getting close to that time isn't it? Time for you to get all Marvel'd up  Cheesy

Yep, I think March comics are where I start online, but I have been enjoying the plethora of back issues at MU.

... did that get pushed back? Did you change your mind? Just curious my man, just getting curious if you are now reading some of the stuff we are?
 Cool

Yep, I signed up the a few weeks ago. There is a still one more month of overlap but I have been finding some early stuff that I didn't read (early Avengers, X-Men, and FF). My ex took our son on a vacation for graduation and I have been hanging out with my tween daughter. I will get caught up on my reading when she heads back to him.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2022, 01:33:07 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
X Lives of Wolverine #1
X Deaths of Wolverine #1
X Lives of Wolverine #2
X Deaths of Wolverine #2
X Lives of Wolverine #3

X Deaths of Wolverine #3
X Deaths of Wolverine #4
X Lives of Wolverine #4
X Lives of Wolverine #5
X Deaths of Wolverine #5
Dark Ages #4
Fantastic Four #39

DC Universe Infinite
The Joker 8

L.E.G.I.O.N. #7
L.E.G.I.O.N. #8
L.E.G.I.O.N. #9
L.E.G.I.O.N. #10

ComiXology Unlimited
Time Before Time #11
The Silver Coin #10
King of Spies #4
Black Hammer Reborn #10

X Lives of Wolverine #1-3 - Good story so far.  I like the bringing things from the Wolverine comic togehter for what should be a conclusion to the Omega Red storyline.  I'm not sure how this crosses over with.....

X Deaths of Wolverine #1-2  - ....this mini is also a good story.  But I'm curious as the star of this series is Moria right after the events of Infrerno.  I like where this is going and while there is a bit of Wolverine in this, I'm not sure how it leads to X Lives.  But I can't wait to see how it does.

Batman: The Imposter 1 - Andrea Sorrentino, of Gideon Falls fame, does the art for this book.  When I saw that I knew I wanted to see this artist draw Batman and Gotham.  And it does not disappoint.  The story is good but it is made great by the art.  I loved every page. 

The Joker 8 - Love it.  Brutal Jim Gordan and Lady Bane issue.  This comic goes to some dark places and this issue has some good reveals and origins in it.  We're closing in on one heck of a confrontation!

Justice League: Last Ride 6 - Ahhhhh!!  Great cliffhanger!  Looks like we are close to the final battle!  The Villains plan comes to a head here and a surprise is had for everyone!

Superman and the Authority 4 - Morrison.  That's really all you have to say.  Love the villains in this mini and I even like this weird team.  Glad to see their adventures will be continuing in Action Comics #1036.  I might have to start picking that up now!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2022, 02:41:22 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
X Lives of Wolverine #1
X Deaths of Wolverine #1
X Lives of Wolverine #2
X Deaths of Wolverine #2
X Lives of Wolverine #3

X Deaths of Wolverine #3
X Deaths of Wolverine #4
X Lives of Wolverine #4
X Lives of Wolverine #5
X Deaths of Wolverine #5
Dark Ages #4
Fantastic Four #39

DC Universe Infinite
The Joker 8

L.E.G.I.O.N. #7
L.E.G.I.O.N. #8
L.E.G.I.O.N. #9
L.E.G.I.O.N. #10

ComiXology Unlimited
Time Before Time #11
The Silver Coin #10
King of Spies #4
Black Hammer Reborn #10

Time Before Time #11 - Good end to this arc.  Looks like our heroes are done with this year and getting ready to head back to the future.  A little bit at a time.  Really enjoying this series even if the art is somewhat wacky.

Stillwater: The Escape One Shot - Nice one shot.  Short stories about the townspeople and their attempts to escape.  And possibly a hint of things to come.

The Silver Coin #10 - Excellent issue.  Got some more insight into the coin though it only gives me more questions!  Glad this series is continuing for more issues!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2022, 03:36:47 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
X Lives of Wolverine #1
X Deaths of Wolverine #1
X Lives of Wolverine #2
X Deaths of Wolverine #2
X Lives of Wolverine #3

X Deaths of Wolverine #3
X Deaths of Wolverine #4
X Lives of Wolverine #4
X Lives of Wolverine #5
X Deaths of Wolverine #5

Dark Ages #4
Fantastic Four #39

DC Universe Infinite
The Joker 8

L.E.G.I.O.N. #7
L.E.G.I.O.N. #8
L.E.G.I.O.N. #9
L.E.G.I.O.N. #10

ComiXology Unlimited
Time Before Time #11
The Silver Coin #10
King of Spies #4
Black Hammer Reborn #10

X Lives of Wolverine #4-5 - Good ending and nice wrap up to the Omega Red storyline.

X Deaths of Wolverine #3-5 - Also good story but the ending was a little confusing. I’m not a fan of the changes to Moria’s character but it does make for an interesting story.  And sets things up for future X-Men stories.

Dare Devil: Woman Without Fear #1 - Good first issue. Some new background on Electra and still tied into Devils Reign.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2022, 04:14:03 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
X Lives of Wolverine #1
X Deaths of Wolverine #1
X Lives of Wolverine #2
X Deaths of Wolverine #2
X Lives of Wolverine #3

X Deaths of Wolverine #3
X Deaths of Wolverine #4
X Lives of Wolverine #4
X Lives of Wolverine #5
X Deaths of Wolverine #5

Dark Ages #4
Fantastic Four #39

DC Universe Infinite
The Joker 8

L.E.G.I.O.N. #7
L.E.G.I.O.N. #8

L.E.G.I.O.N. #9
L.E.G.I.O.N. #10

ComiXology Unlimited
Time Before Time #11
The Silver Coin #10
King of Spies #4
Black Hammer Reborn #10

L.E.G.I.O.N. #7-8 - BWAHAHAHAHA!  You can tell Keith Giffen is all over the creation of this book.  Filled with humor as well as action, betrayal, and sex appeal!  These two issues are good as this dysfunctional team tries to work together.  And somehow they do more out of necessity than any semblance of "like" they have toward each other.  Thumbs up on this series!

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2022, 12:19:01 PM »

Went back to my LCS and picked up Blue & Gold #8 (just to see the identity of the Black Beetle).
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2022, 10:40:36 PM »

I read up on:

MARVEL
X Lives/Deaths of Wolverine: 1-5 So yeah...I definitely would not have paid $50 to get that off the newsstand racks. Glad I read it. Definitely a new status quo for some other characters going forward.

Inferno 4 Wow. Oh wow. If only Hickman could have stayed on for Maestro for all of this. The seeds all and everything are hear...but not to remain...

Captain America/Iron Man 2 It's great to see these 2 teamed up; I'm enjoying this! Neat antagonist too!

Amazing Spider-man 83-84 Okay these ASM issues push really hard at maintaining the strictest of quality bran that states "We are really an...okay book!" The ending of 83 pissed me off so much as Ben
stood still to watch Otto walk right up to and take the secret drive! Not even sneakl Otto just did it? What in the Actual F***!
such a dumb thing.

I got Daredevil Woman without Fear
Fantastic Four 39
and Devil's Reign Superior Four
and Darkhawk 5 yet

DCI

Are you afraid of Darkseid? Like Jeff said, not for me.

Batman '89 #3 I like reading this pretend movie story. Gonna like where it goes!

Batman 114 I am liking Fear State. I'm not event fatigued, or bored of this. Joker war was probably better, but I still like reading this a bunch!

Batman Urban Legends 8 These last 2 issues have given me a bunch of stories that are forgettable. I'm glad to be able to read Batwoman. I may read part of the story that has Red Robin next issue. I probably just have to wait for cycles of stories to move through this.

Blue & Gold 3 I'm...okay with this book. Not in love, no, certainly not, but I'm okay with it. And I wonder if I'm 'losing anything' by not reading the tweet inside. I think not. But I have spied a few of them that made me laugh!

Justice League Last Ride 6 The ending has DEFINITELY made the whole series as  a whole worth reading! Judging month to month can be problematic, but as I consider the whole. I like this else-when story!!

Superman & the Authority 4 I think this makes the 3rd time I've read Superman leave Earth for Warworld. Seriously! Thank you Grant Morrison, for doing so much, in just 4 issues, and makign it worth my time!

JOker 8 A bit chilling of an issue, but man, I dig reading this so much!!

Wonder Woman 780, and 80th anniversary 100 pager The 100 pager is only worth it for the stories by those writers of great pedigree. The issue 780...was Diana returning to living. It didn't feel like it really...hit. Mostly because every other story I've read, and I read A LOT OF DC, no one mentions at all that Diana is dead and gone to them. Maybe it happens in Bendis' JL book , but the f*** if I'm ever reading that shitbag's comics ever again. So, Wonder Woman is back? It only feels midly important, and that's sad. Sad

Justice League Internation/America 32,Annual 3, 37: A small trip down memory lane to the late 80s League. It's been okay, but man, maybe just over dialogued at times!!

The New Teen Titans: 29-38 ; an update. Big Brother Blood storyline that needed to die, and it finally did! Then, the mystery of the new Wildebeest...not great stories, but the stuff with Dick and Kory mending fences, Vic just being a content man, Raven's ...changes in wanting Dick's love!-!-!, the Mento story is far behind us, thankfully, I'm still happily reading big chunks when I can!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 10:50:57 PM by Jimmy T » Logged

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2022, 10:41:10 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
X Lives of Wolverine #1
X Deaths of Wolverine #1
X Lives of Wolverine #2
X Deaths of Wolverine #2
X Lives of Wolverine #3

X Deaths of Wolverine #3
X Deaths of Wolverine #4
X Lives of Wolverine #4
X Lives of Wolverine #5
X Deaths of Wolverine #5

Dark Ages #4
Fantastic Four #39

DC Universe Infinite
The Joker 8

L.E.G.I.O.N. #7
L.E.G.I.O.N. #8

L.E.G.I.O.N. #9
L.E.G.I.O.N. #10

ComiXology Unlimited
Time Before Time #11
The Silver Coin #10
King of Spies #4
Black Hammer Reborn #10

Devil’s Reign: Superior-Four #1 - Interesting but just an ok story.  I don't think it's a must read.

Dark Ages #4 - Enjoying this and I like that we've added the X-Men into the story now.  For those waiting to read this all at once - good decision.  It's a little choppy waiting from month to month but I bet it's really good reading the whole ting back to back.  Still, thumbs up for me as it has been fun so far.

Fantastic Four #39 - Ugh.  This was mostly terrible.  I wish they'd spin off Thing and family into their own book.  That I'd read.  This I'm done with for now.  Shame, Slott can be good and the Doom wedding arc was fun but then he goes back to this drivel and it's back to being unreadable.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2022, 10:45:16 PM »

Jeff we posted at the exact same time, nearly, and due to your recommendations, FF and Superior Four is gone! Thank you!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2022, 10:56:37 PM »

Jeff we posted at the exact same time, nearly, and due to your recommendations, FF and Superior Four is gone! Thank you!

Your welcome.  You won't miss them IMO!   Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2022, 04:48:36 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
X Lives of Wolverine #1
X Deaths of Wolverine #1
X Lives of Wolverine #2
X Deaths of Wolverine #2
X Lives of Wolverine #3

X Deaths of Wolverine #3
X Deaths of Wolverine #4
X Lives of Wolverine #4
X Lives of Wolverine #5
X Deaths of Wolverine #5

Dark Ages #4
Fantastic Four #39

DC Universe Infinite
The Joker 8

L.E.G.I.O.N. #7
L.E.G.I.O.N. #8

L.E.G.I.O.N. #9
L.E.G.I.O.N. #10

ComiXology Unlimited
Time Before Time #11
The Silver Coin #10
King of Spies #4
Black Hammer Reborn #10

King of Spies #4 - decent ending to the series.

Something is Killing the Children #21 - Yes! The start of a new story arc!  A new monster for Erica to hunt down!

Black Hammer Reborn #10 - I’m starting to hate multiversal stories.  It cheapens the characters and gets too bizarre. Same is happening here which is sad because I love this universe.  At least the cliffhanger shows promise that we might be able to pull this out.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS