HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 10:46:59 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, April 4, 2022  (Read 3052 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: April 04, 2022, 01:52:58 PM »

Let's get this thread started so Perry won't have to. LOL.
What are your reading aspirations this week?
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 02:45:28 PM »

Let's get this thread started so Perry won't have to. LOL.

Cheesy
I came here earlier and just walked. the. hell. away.
 Cheesy

That said, I once again go a little too heavy this week. I don't enjoy having more than 10 a week, but, well, we'll see how it goes Angry

MARVEL UNLIMITED
Thor #256 (1977)
Thor #257 (1977)
Thor #258 (1977)
Death of Doctor Strange #4
Timeless #1

DC INFINITE
Flash #175 (2001)
Flash #176 (2001)
Justice League #68 (Back-Up Story)
Checkmate #4
Deathstroke #1
Batman vs Bixby #1

OTHER PUBLISHERS
Silver Coin #8
Silver Coin #9
Little Monsters #1 (? - Maybe)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2022, 08:59:01 PM »

Was expecting a lot more on MU this week but as is I should be able to make it through this list easily.

Marvel Unlimited
Devil’s Reign #2
Timeless #1 (Kang!)

DC Universe Infinite
Justice League 68
Deathstroke Inc. 1

ComiXology Unlimited
Radio Spaceman #1
Star Trek: The Mirror War - Captain LaForge #1
Nocterra #8
Crossover #12

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2022, 11:21:27 PM »

Just to let you know, Jeff, Little Monsters #2 is, I believe, hitting this Wednesday and that should, if things hold true, make that issue #1 of said title to be on sale. I know you are a fan of the writer and I am almost positive you like the artist as well, seeing as you read both of that team-up's other two titles to the end. Even if one title was more or less a part 2 of the first title... kinda
 Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2022, 03:02:32 AM »

Already finished with my 4 from Marvel!!!

MARVEL UNLIMITED

Timeless : I can recall a scant 2 years ago when it was known that Donny Cates was the new man at Marvel with all he was writing and delivering on. Now? I believe Jed McKay has stepped up into that role now. Loved his work here. Had a blast reading this issue, and man, Kang just sings for me now. Fascinating character! And that ending!!! And speaking of McKay - -

Death of Dr. Strange 4: I've been really digging this mini, thinking I really wouldn't. But no lying, this has been a great mini series, I loved the thinking of Strange here, the sleuthing, the planning of him (even if I felt underwhelmed by the result of this issues conclusion, tbh), I'm still soundly onboard for this!

Amazing Spider-man 83: This issue delivered. YOu know why? Patrick Gleason wrote and drew it. Great mindscapes, great pursuit of finding who Peter is, and just enough spookiness to make you maybe fear or question what Peter is doing, Very cool issue

Devil's Reign 2:
Didn't like it. don't like it. It's Civil War, badly redone. It's so obnoxioulsly tyrannical that its become unbelievably stupid.

DC UNLIMITED

Detective Comics 1043
Action Comics 1035
Batman/Superman 22
Robin 6
Deathstroke, Inc 1
Superman Son of Kal-El 1

Probably some more New Teen Titans and Justice League Internation/of America when I get around to it!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2022, 03:48:32 AM »

Just to let you know, Jeff, Little Monsters #2 is, I believe, hitting this Wednesday and that should, if things hold true, make that issue #1 of said title to be on sale. I know you are a fan of the writer and I am almost positive you like the artist as well, seeing as you read both of that team-up's other two titles to the end. Even if one title was more or less a part 2 of the first title... kinda
 Wink

Thanks Perry!  I’ve added it to my wish list.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2022, 03:53:13 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Devil’s Reign #2
Timeless #1 (Kang!)

DC Universe Infinite
Justice League 68
Deathstroke Inc. 1

ComiXology Unlimited
Radio Spaceman #1
Nocterra #8
Crossover #12

------------------------------------------------------

Devil’s Reign #2 - Good issue.  I’m enjoying this event and the way Zdarsky writes some of my favorite characters.  Especially Electra and Doctor Octopus.  Lots of fun this is.  Clearly Jimmy and I disagree on this one.

Death of Doctor Strange #4 - The murderer revealed! In the classic whodunnit style.  Very fun issue.  Plus some good Bats time which is always fun.

Timeless #1 - Like Jimmy said, great issue.  Everything Kang seems to be hitting this year.  Too bad this was a one shot as I’d love to see more Kang!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2022, 02:28:50 AM »

Yeah, I'm not onboard with Devil's Reign. It frustrates me far too much.

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2022, 03:39:07 PM »

Radiant Red #2
WW Historia #2

Small week which is great. I still have alot of reading from last week to finish. Saw alot of cool Marvel stuff on the racks that I will be reading in a few months. This waiting is killing me but my wallet is happy.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2022, 12:16:19 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Devil’s Reign #2
Timeless #1 (Kang!)

DC Universe Infinite
Justice League 68
Deathstroke Inc. 1

ComiXology Unlimited
Radio Spaceman #1
Nocterra #8
Crossover #12

Justice League #68 - JL Dark backstory only. Well this has been fun but not really happy they are bringing back this villain yet again. I thought we had moved on from this. I guess we’ll see how this all wraps up next issue.

Deathstroke Inc. #1 - I wasn’t expecting much since I knew Rodney wasn’t a fan of this title. But I have to say I kind of enjoyed this issue. It was very creepy and very strange but for a first issue intro, I liked it. We’ll see how it goes in the future.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2022, 01:21:47 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Devil’s Reign #2
Timeless #1 (Kang!)

DC Universe Infinite
Justice League 68
Deathstroke Inc. 1

ComiXology Unlimited
Radio Spaceman #1

Nocterra #8
Crossover #12

Radio Spaceman #1 - This was a cool new world story.  I like the premise, the weirdness, and the characters.  Too bad it’s only a two issue mini.

Star Trek: The Mirror War - Captain LaForge #1 - Interesting side trip into LaForge’s past.  I enjoyed this story.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2022, 02:18:50 AM »

Small week which is great. I still have alot of reading from last week to finish. Saw alot of cool Marvel stuff on the racks that I will be reading in a few months. This waiting is killing me but my wallet is happy.

Just you wait....all of sudden 3 months has gone by, and then Unlimited becomes your new current, and you'll never care about a floppy again.

Until Genis Vell returns. Go out and buy those issues. I am!

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2022, 03:24:39 PM »

Yeah, I am kinda stoked about this. I couldn't find his debut in my long boxes. So I am scavenging this weekend at my LCS.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2022, 07:41:52 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Devil’s Reign #2
Timeless #1 (Kang!)

DC Universe Infinite
Justice League 68
Deathstroke Inc. 1

ComiXology Unlimited
Radio Spaceman #1

Nocterra #8
Crossover #12

Nocterra #8 - I think I’m getting bored with this.  I’ll read part 2 of this arc and then decide if I want to finish it.

Crossover #12 - Man this is a lot of navel gazing.  But Negan vs Kirkman? Yeah, I enjoyed that!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2022, 10:23:11 PM »

Yeah, I am kinda stoked about this. I couldn't find his debut in my long boxes. So I am scavenging this weekend at my LCS.

You already have it in the palm of your hands. Tablet and MU  Grin

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS