HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 09:05:29 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, April 4, 2022  (Read 3051 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2022, 01:14:25 AM »

Until Genis Vell returns. Go out and buy those issues. I am!

Yeah, I am kinda stoked about this. I couldn't find his debut in my long boxes. So I am scavenging this weekend at my LCS.

You already have it in the palm of your hands. Tablet and MU  Grin

But there is just something about having...that Silver Surfer issue! I won't lie, I don't have his original appearance either! Some super fan I am!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2022, 12:09:51 PM »

Until Genis Vell returns. Go out and buy those issues. I am!

Yeah, I am kinda stoked about this. I couldn't find his debut in my long boxes. So I am scavenging this weekend at my LCS.

You already have it in the palm of your hands. Tablet and MU  Grin

Touché
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2022, 03:27:39 PM »

Touché

Cheesy

My reading time has been close to nil so far this week. Certainly not coming close to getting through my list. Funny how that truly does piss me off.
 Grin
No more lists for me.
Yes, I am pouting and taking my toys home
 Cheesy

MARVEL UNLIMITED
Thor #256 (1977)
Thor #257 (1977)
Thor #258 (1977)
Death of Doctor Strange #4
Timeless #1

DC INFINITE
Flash #175 (2001)
Flash #176 (2001)
Justice League #68 (Back-Up Story)
Checkmate #4
Deathstroke #1
Batman vs Bixby #1

OTHER PUBLISHERS
Silver Coin #8
Silver Coin #9
Little Monsters #1 (? - Maybe)

Timeless - This was a solid book. Still seems odd seeing that some of the "future" events Kang sees has already happened, I guess this title ran late or something? Regardless it was still a good read. I look forward to the Doom vs Kang mini that SHOULD be coming soon  Wink Cheesy Cheesy

Flash - This issue from Johns was better than what I had read before of his Flash, so I am on for a few. I will say that this issue does have pronounced panels where the writer and the artist are not quite in sync, still learning each other's craft and how they will work together. That's fine, it is a great thing to see actually because I know this team does work well together in the not too distant future, so yeah, that was cool. A good read.

Jeez, over half the week gone and I have two freaking issues in the bag?
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2022, 04:39:37 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Devil’s Reign #2
Timeless #1 (Kang!)

DC Universe Infinite
Justice League 68
Deathstroke Inc. 1

ADD:  L.E.G.I.O.N. #4
ADD:  L.E.G.I.O.N. #5
ADD:  L.E.G.I.O.N. #6

ComiXology Unlimited
Radio Spaceman #1
Star Trek: The Mirror War - Captain LaForge #1

Nocterra #8
Crossover #12

ADD: Little Monsters #1
ADD: Last Flight Out #5

------------------------------------------------------

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2022, 10:28:51 AM »

ADD:  L.E.G.I.O.N. #4
ADD:  L.E.G.I.O.N. #5
ADD:  L.E.G.I.O.N. #6

Yeah. I need to get back to this as well. Never gonna happen if I don't get my reading (lack of) under control  Undecided

I don't know, maybe it is just my mood, but I did mention a little bit ago about how I am spending a lot of money on comics again, compared to the "free" stuff I get from MU and DCI I mean, and with the way I read... do I need to buy more comics right now?. Hell I just spent about 25 bucks on more digital stuff about two weeks ago and it will probably take me months to F'n read those!!! Sure I want to read them, but couldn't I wait until I was up to date a little? NOOOO... I had to get it now?!?!?!
So yeah, maybe I slow down so I can, like I mentioned above, "bet back" to some of the older stuff I want to read or reread. Heck, if for nothing else, finish reading the damn issues I have already bought!!!! I have tons of Image books to read. Tons.
 Angry
It's getting as bad as it used to be for me with comics. Buying (or downloading) just to possess. I need to get to the reading side of things, not just that "having" side.
 Undecided

And hell, I probably could have read an issue of something instead of typing all of this! See? Poor use of time is what it is
 Cheesy Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2022, 05:35:44 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Devil’s Reign #2
Timeless #1 (Kang!)

DC Universe Infinite
Justice League 68
Deathstroke Inc. 1

L.E.G.I.O.N. #4
L.E.G.I.O.N. #5
L.E.G.I.O.N. #6

ComiXology Unlimited
Radio Spaceman #1
Star Trek: The Mirror War - Captain LaForge #1

Nocterra #8
Crossover #12

Little Monsters #1
Last Flight Out #5

------------------------------------------------------

L.E.G.I.O.N. #4-6 - So '80's.  And I like it.  It takes longer to read but I'm enjoying the stories.  Not sure I'll read the whole series but so far so good.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2022, 08:28:43 PM »

L.E.G.I.O.N. #4-6 - So '80's.  And I like it.  It takes longer to read...

Takes forever to read those damn thing  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Just think, we used to get almost 20-30 minutes of read time with those damn things and had to pay $1.50 for the good paper.
Now some comics are over in a matter of 120 seconds and they want us to pay almost four times the price
 Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2022, 09:46:02 AM »

What a sucky "list" week

Going back to playing it by ear. Listing what I did read, not what I want to get to. I know it shouldn't matter, at all, but not completing this meaningless list bugs me
 Angry
I hate things left unfinished. Even trivial little stuff like a comics list
 Undecided

MARVEL UNLIMITED
Thor #256 (1977)
Thor #257 (1977)
Thor #258 (1977)
Timeless #1

DC INFINITE
Flash #175 (2001)
Flash #176 (2001)
Justice League #68 (Back-Up Story)
Checkmate #4
Deathstroke #1
Batman vs Bixby #1

OTHER PUBLISHERS
Silver Coin #8
Silver Coin #9
Little Monsters #1 (? - Maybe)

Death of Dr Strange - Good issue, but I just can't wait for the Clea title run to start  Grin

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS