HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 11:26:45 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Joker 2 premieres in theaters October 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Moon Knight  (Read 4486 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: March 30, 2022, 05:07:52 PM »

Episode One

Fantastic. Loved everything but the last minute or so. Oscar Isaac was great and the villain is done a lot better than I had feared.

Easily the best first episode of Marvel's tv stuff. Except for maybe Loki... I can't remember that one off hand  Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2022, 08:13:09 PM »

Great news.  I haven't had a chance to watch it yet but it's good to hear they're off to a good start.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2022, 12:04:45 PM »

I really dug it!

And my one contrary friend, who is always contrary as if that makes him look smarter, texted about 20 min "This is really terrible." Whatever dude, you're an ass!  Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2022, 01:06:52 PM »

I really dug it!

And my one contrary friend, who is always contrary as if that makes him look smarter, texted about 20 min "This is really terrible." Whatever dude, you're an ass!  Cheesy

We all have that one friend like that.  Cheesy Cheesy

Last night was a bit hectic with errands and the kids, so I am watching it tonight as well.
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2022, 04:16:25 PM »

Really good start but I thought we were going to get a 2ep drop...guess not

as a Mega-fan I'm going to be supper picky but while not a huge fan of weak willed Steven Grant (prefer him as the successful businessman) I did like the Frenchie name drop via missed messages (DuChamp) and I do like, what I am now calling the MoonMummy costume.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2022, 06:01:17 PM »

as a Mega-fan I'm going to be supper picky but while not a huge fan of weak willed Steven Grant (prefer him as the successful businessman)

I understand completely  Smiley But
I also get how Marc and Stephen could end up being, personality/voice wise, redundant and not that different from each other. I think that a change up was needed to give us that "dual sameness yet totally opposite" feel. Why they didn't use Jake Lockley as the Marc personality counter instead I don't know, but I am hoping because there is a plan for him. However, I could also see them just using this "Steven", Marc and Moon Knight as the only three "personalities" as well.

Right now I am so happy with the first episode I am okay with the change.  Cheesy Cheesy

Oh yeah,
Someone, one of the Youtube guys,
brought up the point about the statue (the one he talks to and also "donates" a wrap... again... a wrap, not a rap) looks like Crowley!

Ohhh, good catch I thought, regardless if they use him or not

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2022, 02:50:02 AM »

I watched it this morning and also loved it!  Great start to the series.  I had my doubts after seeing the trailer so my expectations were in check. So thankful I had nothing to worry about.  One of the best starts for a Marvel show - in line with Loki.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2022, 02:51:01 AM »

And it’s good to see Wringer back!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2022, 02:44:20 PM »

And it’s good to see Wringer back!

Here here!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2022, 02:48:43 PM »

Well, it only took a live action Moon Knight
 Cheesy
 Wink

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2022, 01:42:14 AM »

I never really left, just not chiming in.

But MK certainly helps.

Perry...I was thinking the same thing with Jake.

If it were my show, I would have used Jake as the personality that actually knows he's one of many and fills in Marc/Steve about what's what.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2022, 02:31:23 AM »

I guess I can see where they didn't want Grant to be yet another billionaire superhero, but there's a part of me that does wish that this museum gift store personality was Jake, since that seems much more low brow of a character (to me)

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2022, 05:56:09 PM »

Oh, not sure how I feel about this weeks episode two.
While watching the first half of this episode, I was still madly in love with this show. Then, well, then the show went a little south for me when
the "summon the suit" moment happened and... I am just so torn on the way they used this particular character that I can't yet settle with it. I didn't enjoy the Mr. Knight persona being controlled the way it was... by whom it was, I should say. It's nit-picky and I am not mad, just not fully onboard  Grin I can't wait for my brother, the non-comic reader to get back with me on how it hit for him (having no Warren Ellis connection to Mr. Knight) so I am hoping it hit well for the viewers not into the whole Moon Knight character that we know from the panels of a comic. Hell, I hope it went down well for you guys here as well, but it didn't fully for me. I know the "suit" Moony does have a different voice than the "caped" Moony, but I was really hoping that would be more of a Jake character, or someone else with more of a detective mind even
But I will get over it.
 Grin

And hey, then that four or five minutes that I wasn't 100% happy with was over pretty quick and it all came back around to being good. I do still enjoy the show, just that ... that suit stuff man.  Undecided

And oh yeah, I wonder why Marlene's name is Layla in this show? Did Marlene not test well?  Grin Or is it that Layla in Hebrew means Night? I wonder
 Wink

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2022, 02:23:25 AM »

Not Marlene at all.

A different character entirely. I had to look her up.

I'm still totally onboard with this yet. A bit of some goofiness in the middle of the ep, but honestly, this series is so good so far, ...don't go so 'Marvel' on this to add the comedy and slapstick, everybody is a sarcastic comedian. Sometimes dark and painful is dark and painful, but still enthralling!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2022, 09:52:14 AM »

Not Marlene at all.

Yes, a brand new character for the show, but they are using her as a replacement for the Marlene character.
They even talk about her being Marc's wife
Smiley

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS