HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 10:58:45 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Moon Knight  (Read 4485 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2022, 03:47:40 PM »

The second episode was much better than the first. I love the suit mix-up.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2022, 10:24:44 PM »

... I love the suit mix-up.

WHAT?!?!
Where the hell is my slap emoji?

Wink
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2022, 10:54:15 PM »

I am still here. I am liking the series still.

I know what I would do differently, or write differently to really make it GREAT, in my estimation, but I guess I'm fine with it.

It's not my favorite of the other shows. And it's a show that is just really, REALLY, 'super-ok'. Oscar Isaacs is really doing great differentiating himself and his rolls, and that's just fine.

OH! PERRY JEFF I just remembered somethign from the video
(I disagreed with the guy that it was Jake who punched Steven in the mouth, I think it was Marc who punched Steven, because he had just kissed Layla! And Marc brought it up later as well. THATS' what I was trying to remember!)

I just want full suit crazy action and brutality....

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2022, 10:58:47 PM »

I'm caught up to episode 4 and I also like this so far.  I do like the way Oscar plays the different personalities.  Lots of fun.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2022, 11:07:45 PM »

Can we just pretend to imagine...instead of a Defenders mini movie...just...Daredevil v Punisher v Moon Knight as a Netflix show?

DD  crosses paths with the Punisher again, but this time Moon Knight is involved. All 3 are hunting the same targets, but for different reasons. Matt is prosecuting someone, Punisher has tracked down the criminal ring to the antagonist, but Moon Knight needs the man alive....for some kind of vengeance, in some form, that he doesn't understand from Khonshu.

No team up action in this! Just blood! And fists! and pain, and hurt, hurt people all over! Moon knight with pink and red greaves up to his elbows in blood. An immaculate creepily white cape! Punisher says this magic is nuts! DD has to be the level headed one and not punch someone into obliviion!

OH, I can dream. Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2022, 12:49:01 PM »

Can we just pretend to imagine...instead of a Defenders mini movie...just...Daredevil v Punisher v Moon Knight as a Netflix show?

DD  crosses paths with the Punisher again, but this time Moon Knight is involved. All 3 are hunting the same targets, but for different reasons. Matt is prosecuting someone, Punisher has tracked down the criminal ring to the antagonist, but Moon Knight needs the man alive....for some kind of vengeance, in some form, that he doesn't understand from Khonshu.

No team up action in this! Just blood! And fists! and pain, and hurt, hurt people all over! Moon knight with pink and red greaves up to his elbows in blood. An immaculate creepily white cape! Punisher says this magic is nuts! DD has to be the level headed one and not punch someone into obliviion!

OH, I can dream. Cheesy

I would definitely watch that. Maybe a cameo by Danny Rand or the death of Jessica Jones.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2022, 07:15:55 PM »

Death of Jessica Jones had me rolling with laughter!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Ep 5 was a fantastic MK episode. Just to watch Oscar Isaacs carry the entire ep on his talent and skill in acting. Just wow, and that ending, so good!

Almost completely makes up for the hero Moon Knight and all his super powers being held down by men with sharp sticks in episode 3.  Grin

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2022, 08:11:27 PM »

I with you guys. Episode 5 was great!  Can’t believe next episode is the last!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2022, 03:33:54 PM »

Moon Knight's ep6 thoughts...

What a horrible piece of shit that last episode was. The only redeeming thing, the ONLY one, was the after credits scene. Take that away and you have bullshit, after bullshit, after bullshit, including, but not limited to, the fact they had Moon Knight... FUCKING FLYING!?!?! Dear god what a way to shit the bed in the last episode. Way to end it guys! A heaping Pile of dog shit for the last episode. Sadly it happened on an otherwise pretty dang good series.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2022, 09:40:55 PM »

While my reaction to episode 6 is not as.....passionate as Perry's, I'd have to agree that they did not stick the landing on this series.  The after credits scene is promising though for a season 2.

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2022, 02:16:31 PM »

While my reaction to episode 6 is not as.....passionate as Perry's, I'd have to agree that they did not stick the landing on this series.  The after credits scene is promising though for a season 2.

LOL. I am somewhere in the middle. I enjoyed the action sequences but got lost on who the super-powered Layla was supposed to be. And you're right... MK can't fly.
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2022, 11:49:32 PM »

YUP...MK don't fly

I enjoyed the show for what it was but while they tried to stay away from the stark-like character, then ended up with the Invincible Moon Knight.  suit out of nowhere, high level super strength and flight.

there was no reason to change Marlene to Layla and keep her history the same...certainly didn't add anything.

Hopefully they power him down with his break from Khonoshu with maybe only the Jake personality with powers and love the idea if MK v DD v Punisher.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS