HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:27:44 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, March 21, 2022  (Read 2448 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2022, 04:35:51 PM »

Marvel Unlimited
Eternals #8
Strange Academy #14
X-Force #26

DC Universe Infinite
The Joker 7
Justice League 67 - JL Dark backup story only
Justice League: Last Ride 5

Superman and the Authority 3

ComiXology Unlimited
Basilisk #5
Basilisk #6
Deep Beyond #12
Black Hammer Reborn #9
Saga #56

Once and Future Vol 3 - (Collects issues #13-18)  

------------------------------------------------------

Once and Future Vol 3 - (Collects issues #13-18) - Starting to get a little repetitive.  Didn’t enjoy this one as much though it does lead us closer to the end.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2022, 12:57:43 PM »

WHOOPS, I thought I had edited this!!! Or rather...I think I did and didn't hit Enter?  Cheesy

MARVEL UNLIMITED

Only Spider-man!
Amazing Spider-man 81 - Felt just pedestrien. Where are cool, good, fun, Spider-man stories? So far, this Beyond story has been the same each issue 'We own Spider-man (implied we own you), we've put a bunch of money in to you succeed, Ben does what he wants, makes programmer look bad, come back chastized. Blah.

Miles Morales Spider-man 33 (I think I need to take Perry and Jeff's advice, instead of reading this just to read it, just drop it!)  Yeh, I'm done after this issue. Meeting Ben Reilly, and they do a jaunt. Or was this with his clone? In any case..I'm past it.

Where went the days of subtext, sub plots, ongoing threads that bear fruit later? These last 2 issues have none of this. This to me feels like the terrible unfortunate side effect of Marvel's Made-for-Trade. And no, DC is not absolved of this either.

Hulk 2!  I almost feel I was waiting for this moment, and as things are still being set up, I'm still down with the title!

DC INFINITE

Batman '89 2 I like the presentation of the movie universe. And a very quick 'what have you done?' or 'how have you screwed up so bad?'

Superman and the Authority 3 I still think that what Grant Morrison can do with limited pages is still magic. I can't believe this is only 4 issues, but what he gives...it's amazing what he can do with his words. and what he lets go on with the pictures

JL Last Ride 5

Joker 7 (I"m with you Jeff, I'm done with that back up!-and I still skipped it!) I liked this a bunch still, keeping it to Jim Gordon, and essentially having him be 'immune' to common interrogation techniques.

Wonder Woman 779

Batman Urban Legends 7

Robins 6 Kinda disappointing in the end. Awesome to see Tim be so integral. Hope Jennie Wren never comes back though

New Teen Titans 24-28; This was the Hybrid storyline, with Gar's step-father Mento or whatever being beserk, and making up goofy villains to attack Gar for...Reasons...and yet another flight over to Zandia for a butt kicking by Brother Blood goons, then fleeing again...This has not been interesting to me at all. I haven't like either of these storyline threads at all.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS