HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 11:50:16 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Joker 2 premieres in theaters October 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: THE BATMAN  (Read 1765 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: March 23, 2022, 01:25:44 AM »

WE haven't started a watched/viewing thread on THE BATMAN?!

I really enjoyed it! I loved watching it. I loved experiencing it. I really dug Pattinson's role, How can that be Colin Ferrell as Penguin?! I want to see him the whole next movie!!! Loved the Detective angle of it all!

I still miss the scalloped cape edge, but oh well!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2022, 02:24:11 PM »

Some amazing scenes in that movie.
Loved how dark it was (ya know, like Gotham fucking should be. HEAR THAT DC!). Also loved the brutality of it, the "Detective Comics" feel to it and I damn sure still think about that machine gun lighting scene.

Also a perfect Jim Gordon.

Its a shame that this directors Gotham Central got pulled. Hope something can come of it now that the movie was a success. Would love to see this Gordon with Harvey and Renee

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2022, 03:18:46 PM »

I'll wait til I can watch it from the comfort of my couch with my guy and our dogs.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2022, 06:25:15 PM »

I'll wait til I can watch it from the comfort of my couch with my guy and our dogs.

Cheesy

Don't blame ya, if I didn't have a place that always has no more than 5 other people in the theater, $5 tickets and $4 popcorn (when I bring in my yearly bucket) I would've waited.  Grin

But that Batmobile, the incredible sound it makes while you are in a theater, hot damn that was worth the ticket price alone
 Cheesy
Not just the power of the engine, but also those killer mini-backfires. That thing would give you that meaty growl and then have those smaller pop!pop!pop! intakes. OH YEAH!! That was Bat'mazing!!

Crank up your TV when you see it. So damn cool sounding.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2022, 08:50:15 AM »

Just in case someone hasn't seen this yet, here is the 5 minute Batman/Joker deleted scene from The Batman. It is not a spoiler as it doesn't reveal anything, but damn I wish they would have kept it in. It is a "Silence of the Lambs" type of scene where good ole Bats talks to the Joker in an effort to obtain information on someone.

The joker is played, quite perfectly to me, by Barry Keoghan (Dunkirk, Green Knight, Chernobyl and he was Druig from the Eternals in his most recent work). I was sure that I would never see another Joker come close to Heath Ledger's, and this one isn't better overall, but damn, for a "street thug" lunatic Joker, this one certainly comes close to what I could see if this shit was real... the accent, the scarring (chemical burns from falling in a vat, yeah?), the teeth, the puffy smile, ohhh man, this is great!!!! It reminds me of Bermejo's Joker (on the cover of the "Joker" OGN by Azzarello) so much

« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 08:56:11 AM by Perry » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2022, 10:08:19 AM »

Hey guys, just a reminder that this puppy is now on HBO

Going to have it play in the background later today as I try to do some stuff around the house (I did nothing yesterday) and then watch it again for real with the wife when she gets off work! Can't wait to see what her and my brother, the non-comic reader, think of the new, darker caped crusader

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS