HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:32:06 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain America: New World Order premieres in theaters February 14, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, March 21, 2022  (Read 2447 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: March 21, 2022, 12:34:00 PM »

Where is Rodney, Jeff and/or Jimmy?
You guys really leaving this to me? You know I can't handle stuff like this, too much responsibility. How many times have I got the date wrong? Did I get the year correct this time?  Grin

Okay, here we go... and once again I am putting pressure on myself. It's too much. Too much
 Cheesy

MARVEL UNLIMITED
Thor #254 (1976)
Thor #255 (1977)
Thor #256 (1977)
Eternals #8
Hulk #2
Strange Academy #14

DC INFINITE
Joker #7
Superman and the Authority #3
Justice League 67 - JL Dark backup story only - ETA
Batman/Catwoman #3 - ETA... this as well (ha, thought I had it up there)
Batman/Catwoman #4
Batman/Catwoman #5
Batman/Catwoman #6
Batman/Catwoman #7
Rorschach #5
Rorschach #6

OTHER PUBLISHERS
Silver Coin #2
Silver Coin #3
Silver Coin #4
Silver Coin #5
« Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 06:24:06 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2022, 05:46:45 PM »

Ugh.  My Monday has been the worst.  Car trouble and loss of power at the house.  Here’s my list to make me smile.

Marvel Unlimited
Eternals #8
Strange Academy #14
X-Force #26

DC Universe Infinite
The Joker 7
Justice League 67 - JL Dark backup story only
Justice League: Last Ride 5
Superman and the Authority 3

ComiXology Unlimited
Basilisk #5
Basilisk #6
Deep Beyond #12
Black Hammer Reborn #9
Saga #56
Once and Future Vol 3 - (Collects issues #13-18)  

------------------------------------------------------

« Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 05:49:15 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2022, 06:21:46 PM »

Ugh.  My Monday has been the worst.  Car trouble and loss of power at the house.  Here’s my list to make me smile.

Hmmm, didn't think they were doing this anymore (JLDark back-up), but after looking it seems they are. Could have sworn that JL Dark was coming over to the main story for a few issues, but the covers say otherwise.
Huh... Maybe I will read this as well
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2022, 01:19:04 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Eternals #8
Strange Academy #14
X-Force #26

DC Universe Infinite
The Joker 7

ComiXology Unlimited
Basilisk #5
Basilisk #6
Deep Beyond #12
Black Hammer Reborn #9
Saga #56

Eternals #8 - the plot thickens as Eternals begin to learn the mistakes of not paying attention.  Nice build up issue.

Strange Academy #14 - I love time wimey stories and this doesn’t disappoint! This is such a great title.

X-Force #26 - the surfer stuff is a little cheesy but overall I like the characters and the story.  And when Wolverine has to talk about feelings I like that he says “get over it“.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2022, 01:21:16 AM »

I need a hot minute! Insurancing is hard!  Cheesy Cheesy

MARVEL UNLIMITED

Only Spider-man!
Amazing Spider-man 81
Miles Morales Spider-man 33 (I think I need to take Perry and Jeff's advice, instead of reading this just to read it, just drop it!)

Oops, and
Hulk 2!

DC INFINITE

Batman '89 2
JL Last Ride 5
Joker 7 (I"m with you Jeff, I'm done with that back up!)
Wonder Woman 779
Batman Urban Legends 7
and Robins 6 snuck in!!! Glee!!!

I also read...

well, more like glanced through a lot...
New Teen Titans 24-28; This was the Hybrid storyline, with Gar's step-father Mento or whatever being beserk, and making up goofy villains to attack Gar for...Reasons...and yet another flight over to Zandia for a butt kicking by Brother Blood goons, then fleeing again...This has not been interesting to me at all. I haven't like either of these storyline threads at all.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2022, 08:28:49 AM »

Joker 7 (I"m with you Jeff, I'm done with that back up!)

I wasn't too interested in it, so I never read past the first one. Glad I didn't bother, it sounds like it didn't improve much.

well, more like glanced through a lot...
New Teen Titans 24-28 [...] This has not been interesting to me at all. I haven't like either of these storyline threads at all.

I did a fast cover search and I think I finally had to stop reading this title around the time Barreto came on as artist. I don't mean to say that he is the reason I left, no, no, I was unhappy with the title for a good while prior, but I think that was around the time. The Kory's Wedding cover (#17) and the Homecoming issue (#18) were issues that I saw and didn't bother picking up, or they were the last few that I did.
Memory, oh how I miss you

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2022, 02:04:17 PM »

Avengers Forever #4... really enjoying this series despite Ghost Car Driver.
Deathstroke Inc #7... who is the silver hair boy? a bastard son or a mini clone?
Trial of the Amazons Wonder Girl #1... I still think she sucks as a character but the story itself is decent.

I am surprised at the number of books that went to a second printing (FF Reckoning, Dark Knights of Steel, Moon Knight). And do we really need ANOTHER Wolverine title (ie. Wolverine Patch #1 with multiple covers).

I am enjoying MU but haven't had much time to dig the trenches and see what all they have.
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2022, 02:07:13 PM »

and, Perry, you did a GREAT job starting the thread! We have faith in  you.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2022, 02:19:07 PM »

Avengers Forever #4... really enjoying this series despite Ghost Car Driver.

GOD DAMN HOW I HATE THAT GUY!!!!!!  Angry

and, Perry, you did a GREAT job starting the thread! We have faith in  you.

Cheesy
Well I am still not comfortable about it. Please don't force me into again
 Cheesy Cheesy

As for my list, I knew I shouldn't have made it so big. I haven't read a thing yet!!!
 Cry

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2022, 03:57:03 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Eternals #8
Strange Academy #14
X-Force #26

DC Universe Infinite
The Joker 7

ComiXology Unlimited
Basilisk #5
Basilisk #6
Deep Beyond #12
Black Hammer Reborn #9
Saga #56

The Joker 7 - A bit of a lull as we build up the next chapter. A good setup for things coming up.

Justice League 67 - JL Dark backup story only - Don’t mess with Zatanna! Thumbs up to the ramp up of the final fight with Merlin.

Justice League: Last Ride 5 - starting to move too slow.  There was a lot of action in this issue but no real movement in the story.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2022, 03:47:18 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Eternals #8
Strange Academy #14
X-Force #26

DC Universe Infinite
The Joker 7

ComiXology Unlimited
Basilisk #5
Basilisk #6
Deep Beyond #12
Black Hammer Reborn #9
Saga #56

Superman and the Authority 3 - I liked it!  Nice fast wrap up to last issues cliff hanger and an intro to a great villain return.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2022, 02:29:45 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Eternals #8
Strange Academy #14
X-Force #26

DC Universe Infinite
The Joker 7

ComiXology Unlimited
Basilisk #5
Basilisk #6
Deep Beyond #12
Black Hammer Reborn #9
Saga #56

Basilisk #5 - 6 - Still a good story.  The aftermath of issue 4’s big battle.

Deep Beyond #12 - this turned into a mess by this final issue. He must have planned for more issues because it seems like he tried to cram everything into this one. And it wound up just not making a whole lot of sense. Too bad because this started out really good.

Black Hammer Reborn #9 - Big reveals (that aren’t hard to see coming in this one as we come closer to the end of this tale.  I think I am ready to wrap up this weirdness.

Saga #56 - more journey down the drug dealer road.  Still good.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2022, 10:34:30 AM »

Basilisk #5 - 6 - Still a good story.  The aftermath of issue 4’s big battle.

After reading these two, do you kinda get why I was thinking this was going to be ending at #8  Smiley

I finally got some reading done. Probably too late to finish my list, but having only started last night, I will at least get more in and done than I thought I would a couple days ago.
 Grin

MARVEL UNLIMITED
Thor #254 (1976)
Thor #255 (1977)
Thor #256 (1977)
Eternals #8
Hulk #2
Strange Academy #14

DC INFINITE
Joker #7
Superman and the Authority #3
Batman/Catwoman #3
Batman/Catwoman #4
Batman/Catwoman #5
Batman/Catwoman #6

Batman/Catwoman #7
Rorschach #5
Rorschach #6

OTHER PUBLISHERS
Silver Coin #2
Silver Coin #3
Silver Coin #4
Silver Coin #5

Silver Coin -  Good, classic, one and done fantasy/horror series. I enjoyed all of them except, I hate to say it, the Jeff Lemire one. It was okay, but not Lemire's best. I think what got me was that it was the one I was looking forward to most. But Lemire has wowed me more than not, he has tons of credit built up with me. A miss or two isn't hurting my feelings towards his writing.  Smiley

Joker - He is still involved, but I miss the more Gordon focused issues. This was fine though

JL Dark - Still enjoying this series, but looking forward to its end as well

Batman/Catwoman - Good stuff. Now I come to the edge. Do I continue reading this now in the month to month "way it is released" manner or do I stop now, at the halfway point, and then catch up with issues 7-12 once it is finished? *sigh* I don't know.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2022, 01:33:24 PM »

Basilisk #5 - 6 - Still a good story.  The aftermath of issue 4’s big battle.

After reading these two, do you kinda get why I was thinking this was going to be ending at #8  Smiley

Not yet.  If they take them out one by one I could see it going on to 12 issues. Plus we still don’t know how they got they’re powers.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 01:35:11 PM by Jeff » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2022, 03:59:00 PM »

Not yet.  If they take them out one by one I could see it going on to 12 issues.

EDITED - just talked to Jeff and this goes well beyond my forgetting something. I had the wrong issues.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 04:32:24 PM by Perry » Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS