HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:02:32 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, March 14, 2022  (Read 3450 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: March 14, 2022, 12:02:16 PM »

Thanks to eBay and Perry, I picked up:

Rogue Sun #1
Super Massive #0

I'll post my MU list later tonight and then heading to my LCS on Wednesday.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2022, 01:40:03 PM »

Here’s the plan for this week.

Marvel Unlimited
Giant Size Black Cat: Infinity Score #1
Devil’s Reign #1
Inferno #3
Fantastic Four: Life Story #5

DC Universe Infinite
The Nice House on the Lake #24   
Batman/Catwoman #7   
Suicide Squad #7   
Infinite Frontier #6   
Suicide Squad: Get Joker! #2
Suicide Squad 2021 Annual  #1
Titans United   #7

ComiXology Unlimited
Redneck #32
The Silver Coin #9
Time Before Time #10
Noir: A Collection of Crime Comics - Featuring stories by Brian Azzarello, Jeff Lemire, Ed Brubaker, Sean Phillips, and many more of crime comics' top talent!

------------------------------------------------------

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2022, 05:48:15 PM »

Man, I've over drugged myself today I think (always happens when I do my damn taxes  Cheesy) so I am not 100% sure if I will keep this list as is or go off in another, slightly different direction once I wake up in about 5 hours Cheesy but for now ... trying to keep this to ten or less each week. Add to it if I need/want, that way I don't feel that damned self-imposed pressure of rushing to get things read  Cheesy.
(And Jeff, please let me know how that Noir hits!!)

MARVEL UNLIMITED
Inferno #3
Thor #250 (1976)
Thor #251 (1976)
Marvel Comics Presents #2 (1988)
Marvel Comics Presents #3 (1988)

DC INFINITE
Infinite Frontier #5
Infinite Frontier #6 (back to back weeks? wow!)

OTHER PUBLISHERS
The Cimmerian: Hour of the Dragon #1
Basilisk #7
Basilisk #8 (On sale now for $2.99)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2022, 04:39:02 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Devil’s Reign #1

Inferno #3

DC Universe Infinite
Batman/Catwoman #7   
Suicide Squad #7   
Infinite Frontier #6   
Titans United   #7

ComiXology Unlimited
Redneck #32
The Silver Coin #9
Time Before Time #10
Noir: A Collection of Crime Comics - Featuring stories by Brian Azzarello, Jeff Lemire, Ed Brubaker, Sean Phillips, and many more of crime comics' top talent!

Giant Size Black Cat: Infinity Score #1 - We’ll that was a great end to a great series.  Lots of fun and a little heart warming to boot.

Devil’s Reign #1 - I like it.  Good kick-off for this event.  Love all the characters and their places in what’s happening.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2022, 12:55:52 PM »

MARVEL UNLIMITED
Inferno #3
Thor #250 (1976)
Thor #251 (1976)

DC INFINITE
Infinite Frontier #5
Infinite Frontier #6

OTHER PUBLISHERS
Basilisk #7

Infinite Frontier - Ugh, my excitement for this series took a slight dive in issue #4, but issue #5 was a pure mess. Clunky as hell and not enjoyable at all. Then, to top it off, issue #6, the last issue, which is extremely late from its original on-sale date (there is a caption about something coming in November 2021  Cheesy) just seems unimportant... even though they try so hard. I don't know, I guess its fine. Sure. the last few pages were interesting anyway. I await the next Crisis

Inferno - This on the other hand blew me away. Makes me mad as hell that Marvel screwed what could have been, but still enjoying what we have from Hickman. I actually wouldn't mind going back through when this is all done and re-read JUST the Hickman penned material as it's Just. So. Good.

Because HIckman's X-stuff was so deep and strong, he had me reading tons of X-stuff from other writers, often disastrous results (Wolverine on a fucking runway for one  Angry Roll Eyes) so I am curious if Gillen will get me back those other X books again? I only plan on reading his title, but I am curious if I get taken again
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2022, 09:51:39 PM »

Here come's this week's run!!

MARVEL UNLIMITED
INFERNO 3 Yup, love Hickman's big plans, his huge amounts of pacing, so many machinations! Great stuff....be sad to see it go...

Amazing Spider-man 80.1 OH man, a .1 issue...but fun with the double entendre's between May and Otto! LOL and its' pretty key to the main storyline too! I'm pleased with the events of this.

Captain America/Iron Man 1 -here's hoping!

Devil's Reign 1- even more hope!

DC INFINITE

Batman 112
Black Manta 1
Batman/Catwoman 7
Suicide Squad Get Joker 2
Green Lantern 6
Suicide Squad Annual 2021
Titans United 7
Suicide Squad Annual 2021
And my Latest Releases was up to date this morning...then it's only showing last week after I get home from work! LOL!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2022, 03:13:36 AM »

Black Manta 1

I almost grabbed this.  Let me know what you think!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2022, 04:22:58 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Devil’s Reign #1

Inferno #3

DC Universe Infinite
Batman/Catwoman #7   
Suicide Squad #7   
Infinite Frontier #6   
Titans United   #7

ComiXology Unlimited
Redneck #32
The Silver Coin #9
Time Before Time #10

Inferno #3 - Why couldn’t they have left the X world like this? Hickmans long game pays off. Can’t wait to see where this goes next.

Fantastic Four: Life Story #5 - At least this was better than the previous issues but still  just a lot of lost potential.

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2022, 02:30:20 PM »

Black Manta 1

I gave this a try but couldn't finish it.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2022, 04:42:39 PM »

Damn Marvel Unlimited is once again proving that their name for that app is not correct. Comics Presents, a comic I was only reading for the 10 part Wolverine story at first, shocked me by ONLY having the wolverine story in the next few issues. Marvel Limited it seems would be a more appropriate name. I wasn't blown away by the other stories that were included in that first issue, but to not have them in the following issues, considering they were "to be continued" in said issues, sucks ass. WTF?!?!

Again, I was truly only interested in the Wolverine story, had planned to stop reading at issue #10 (the last issue of the wolverine story) anyway, but to not have the option to make that decision? And I double checked to see if it was a rights issue (as maybe issue 2-4 had a Rom or a Micronaut story for example), but it seems that answer is no. So unless they show up INSIDE the stories (and I can't check to verify that as I can't see anything past page #9), then I am really confused by this.

Oh well, maybe I will stop reading the rest of those now in a silent protest while I contact Marvel to try and find out what the what is about what?
 Angry

MARVEL UNLIMITED
Inferno #3
Thor #250 (1976)
Thor #251 (1976)
Thor #252 (1976)
- Added
Thor #253 (1976) - Added
Marvel Comics Presents #4 (1988) - Added

DC INFINITE
Infinite Frontier #5
Infinite Frontier #6

OTHER PUBLISHERS
Basilisk #7

Thor - I hate this era's Jane Foster. So much f'n cry-baby bullshit with the character that is so damn dated

MCP - I guess I already blew my time talking about this up above
 Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2022, 09:32:26 PM »

Black Manta 1

I gave this a try but couldn't finish it.

Ouch!  Grin   Thanks for the heads up - I'll skip this one too then.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2022, 01:54:12 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Devil’s Reign #1

Inferno #3

DC Universe Infinite
Batman/Catwoman #7   
Suicide Squad #7   
Infinite Frontier #6   
Titans United #7

ComiXology Unlimited
Redneck #32
The Silver Coin #9
Time Before Time #10

The Nice House on the Lake #4 - Whoa.  The plot gets even creepier. More questions without answers up we must be getting close to some now. I can’t imagine anything crazier than this issues discovery.

Batman/Catwoman #7 - the pacing is starting to get too slow.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m still enjoying this title and this issue had some interesting events but I’m ready for some more action.

Suicide Squad #7   - And I’m done.  I’ll be back for the big Earth 3 War crossover but I’m not sticking around for anymore of this. Blech. I hated this issue.

Infinite Frontier #6    - We’ll the main battle itself kind of sucked.  But the after effect ramifications could be very good. Or they could botch it. Lol.  I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

Suicide Squad: Get Joker! #2 - I liked this better but it also dragged on for the first half of the book.  Really picked up midway through though and ended with a lot of action.  I’m in to see how this mini ends.

Suicide Squad 2021 Annual  #1 - Well dang it. I read these out of order.  No wonder I hated issue 7.  The whole time I read that I felt like I was missing something and that’s because it all happened here.  This issue was pretty darn good.  And now I’m back in.  I do want to see how some of these threads wrap up.  Hopefully issue 8 will be more like this!

Titans United   #7 - Bit of a sappy ending but I still loved seeing these Titans together. (See what I did there?)

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2022, 02:47:46 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Devil’s Reign #1

Inferno #3

DC Universe Infinite
Batman/Catwoman #7   
Suicide Squad #7   
Infinite Frontier #6   
Titans United #7

ComiXology Unlimited
Redneck #32
The Silver Coin #9
Time Before Time #10

Redneck #32 - oh man what a horrific twist.  The road to the last issue is bloody.

The Silver Coin #9 - This one was just ok.  It did have one twist I didn’t see coming which gave it an extra point in my book.

Time Before Time #10 - This just gets crazier and crazier with every issue. I truly have no idea how this going to end. And even though I’m not a fan of the art, I do like this comic.  I wish this came out faster!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2022, 09:17:17 AM »

Redneck #32 [...] The road to the last issue is bloody.

When IS the last issue of this, if you know? Don't want to pick up this arc if it is ending soon. Would rather wait on the trade (if I can get it cheaper)
 Cheesy

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2022, 11:17:06 AM »

Batman/Superman: World's Finest #1
Batman: Urban Legends #13
Chaos Breaker #9 & 10...freebies at the LCS
Nightwing #90
Titans United #7
Wonder Woman #785...tie in to Trial of the Amazons
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS