HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:22:17 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Batman... the 2022 version  (Read 937 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: March 08, 2022, 02:08:03 PM »

Looks like it had a decent weekend. Still NO desire to see it in the theater. Maybe when it's on HBO.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/e2-80-98the-batman-e2-80-99-signals-another-big-return-to-moviegoing-post-e2-80-98spider-man-e2-80-99-with-24120m-2b-opening-weekend/ar-AAUC823?ocid=uxbndlbing
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2022, 04:20:53 PM »

Saw it yesterday.

It is a very well done movie and extremely well acted by all involved (special high props to Jeffery Wright as Gordon and Colin Farrell as Oz) but I walked out acknowledging that it was a great movie, but it was not a "fun" movie.

I walked out of Spider-Man No Way Home with a smile on my face. but there was no smile with this one. And that's okay. It is a different style of movie. Spider had some serious subjects, but it was overall a "let's have fun" flick. This is not. It is a dark movie, not like Zak Snyder dark thankfully, so yes, they SHOULD be different, as should my feelings leaving them.

Pattinson is, for me (at least while the movie is fresh in my mind), easily a top three Batman (Keaton will be hard to beat for me) but I didn't like his Bruce. Actually, he may be the worse Bruce that I have seen. Not that he sucked ass at it, but I wasn't really sold either. Of course a lot of that is on the directing and direction of the movie.

Now I am not saying anything to spoil events or characters or any story spoilers, but two possible, very slight spoilers below.
Again, nothing to do with anything that happens in the movie, but these are things some people involved with the movie MAY have said prior to the movie's release, but yeah... I don't know what has been said in the press before the movie release, just be aware not to look if you want to go in totally ignorant of any little thing. I will not blame ya
 Grin

For one, this movie is more "Detective Comics" than it is "Batman". And that was a great thing!!!

For another, this movie is set in "Year Three" of Batman, so that has a lot to do with the look and feel of the movie.

I think that while the tone is both similar and different than what Nolan did with his trilogy, I would rate this slightly higher, overall, but most of that feeling is the acting. I give this a very solid 8.5 outta 10.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS