HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 01:33:00 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, February 28, 2022  (Read 1842 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: February 28, 2022, 03:57:07 AM »

Since most of us have gone digital we’ve decided to start our weekly lists on Monday now instead of Wednesday. Marvel Unlimited releases their “new” stuff on Mondays, DCIU releases on Tuesday, and then everything else drops on Wednesday.  We’re thinking starting our post on Mondays will make it easier to keep up.

And to start things off, here is my plan for this new week (assuming everything releases when they’re supposed to)!

Marvel Unlimited
Hulk #1
Hawkeye: Kate Bishop #1
X-Force: Killshot Anniversary Special #1
Death of Doctor Strange #3
X-Men #5
Wolverine #18
Symbiote Spider-Man: Crossroads #5
Thor #19

DC Universe Infinite
Infinite Frontier 5
Aquaman 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular  1

ComiXology Unlimited
Crossover #11
Newburn #3
Nocterra #7
Star Trek: The Mirror War #4 (of 8 )
Basilisk #3
Basilisk #4
Once And Future Vol 2 Old English (Collects issues 7-12)
The Scumbag TPB Vol 1: Cocainefinger (Collects issues #1-5)

------------------------------------------------------

« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 01:59:27 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022, 12:37:16 PM »

DC Universe Infinite
Infinite Frontier 5
Aquaman 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular  1

Jeff, could be a mistake, but DC's "What's New" currently show those two DC issue hitting next week, on 3/8/22

As for me... "Got Day'am"... lots of reading to be done all of a sudden. This is why I hate making a list
 Cheesy
And I sure hope those two DC issues that Jeff listed are indeed coming out next week. I am also wanting to read those but  I don't want to fill this week's reading roster any further.
 Cry

MARVEL UNLIMITED
Dark Ages #1
Dark Ages #2
Dark Ages #3
Kang the Conqueror #4
Moon Knight #5
Hulk #1
Black Panther #1
Thor #19
X-Men #5 - Maybe?

DC INFINITE
Superman and the Authority #2
Batman: Reptilian #3 (Black Label)
Checkmate #3
Superman vs Lobo #1 (Black Label)

OTHER PUBLISHERS
Someone is Killing the Children #14
Someone is Killing the Children #15
Someone is Killing the Children #16
Once and Future #13
Once and Future #14
Once and Future #15
Manor Black #1
Saga #1

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2022, 02:04:35 PM »

DC Universe Infinite
Infinite Frontier 5
Aquaman 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular  1

Jeff, could be a mistake, but DC's "What's New" currently show those two DC issue hitting next week, on 3/8/22

Oops you are correct!  I guess there’s nothing I’m getting this week on DCIU so I just grabbed the next things on my list.

Redo:
Marvel Unlimited
Hulk #1
X-Men #5
Wolverine #18
Thor #19

ComiXology Unlimited
Crossover #11
Newburn #3
Nocterra #7
Basilisk #3
Basilisk #4

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2022, 03:21:15 AM »

MARVEL UNLIMITED

Amazing Spider-man 79; I hate Kraven the Hunter, THE MOST of any Spidey villain. Yes, I hate him more than Carnage. The best thing to ever happen to this one note, Mary Sue character is shooting his brains out. I like the art on the book though.

Hulk 1; I dug it already! I've liked this persona of Bruce whenever it's been shown in the past.

X-men 5; So, the best thing was with the reporter. Not sure I cared too much beyond any of the presented action.

Death of Dr. Strange 3; Can't believe I've enjoyed Dr. Strange so much, so consistently! Fun read. Cool read.

Symbiote Spider-man Crossroads 5; well, that ended. About all I can say about that. Hulk being inadverdently glib was a lot of fun though.

Thor 19; Thor is great! And due to a snafu, I've got the next 2 issues already downloaded and read. Cheesy

DC INFINITE

New Teen Titans 33-36 ; so much writing, but very tired of Wally being a shit to Raven, and so much of Raven is "I'm so evil, I can't let it out" that this is even spinning tires even for that time of day. And Dick is...a dick!

More of DC when they drop tonight/tomorrow!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2022, 03:40:24 PM »

MARVEL UNLIMITED
Dark Ages #1
Dark Ages #2
Dark Ages #3
Kang the Conqueror #4
Moon Knight #5
Hulk #1
Black Panther #1
Thor #19
X-Men #5

DC INFINITE
Checkmate #3

OTHER PUBLISHERS
Once and Future #13
Once and Future #14
Once and Future #15
Manor Black #1
Saga #1 - HA! I mean #55

Someone is Killing - Another good issue. Really enjoying this and it is a pretty fast read! Should be caught up faster than I thought, though I am sacrificing DC and Marvel time to do it  Grin

Once and Future - OF COURSE!! I should have seen that one coming. Didn't even think about it until the last page reveal and I was left thinking "Well, yeah, duh, he had to be here!"  Cool

Manor Black - Oh this is another good'un. Cullen Bunn does it again, but that is no surprise as he gets a little help from his Harrow County artist on this one. A very intriguing start to a new book that I just have to add to my list. Damn it
Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2022, 03:52:12 PM »

Man, did I choose the wrong comics last night or what?

MARVEL UNLIMITED
Dark Ages #1
Dark Ages #2
Dark Ages #3
Kang the Conqueror #4
Moon Knight #5

Hulk #1
Black Panther #1
Thor #19
X-Men #5

DC INFINITE
Checkmate #3

OTHER PUBLISHERS
Once and Future #13
Once and Future #14
Once and Future #15
Manor Black #1
Saga #1 - HA! I mean #55

Kang - This one was fun, one of the only bright spots actually

Moon Knight - I keep coming back and keep hating the art. When will I stop?

X-Men - About as average and time wasting as a comic can get. Nothing here to excite.

Supes and Authority - Blah, A true Morrison mess. Loved the first issue but this was disjointed shit

Batman: Reptilian - On second thought, maybe Ennis wins this weeks "waste of time garbage" award with this book. Ugh, done

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2022, 04:26:42 PM »

Batman #121
Batman: Killing Time #1 (don't remember adding this to my pull, but, sure, let's give it a go).
Dark Knights of Steel #5...this version of Harley is almost tolerable.

Flipped through Strange #1 and really wanted to buy it, but gonna wait til it hits MU.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2022, 05:14:28 PM »

Flipped through Strange #1 and really wanted to buy it, but gonna wait til it hits MU.

It'll be there 'fore ya know it
 Grin

I'm probably going to hit "a" shop today, just not sure if I want to hit the smaller one and see if my Back Issue is in or truck it to the big daddy store to see the gang and flip through some stuff. I tend to spend money when I go to the big one as guys talk about stuff.  Embarrassed Still try not to look at much of the DC and Marvel stuff so I don't have to think about the waiting.
 Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2022, 12:31:18 PM »

Got out of the big LCS with very little damage this time. Only flipped through one book, but of course I liked it enough to give a try. But better to add one than add four
 Cheesy

MARVEL UNLIMITED
Dark Ages #1
Dark Ages #2
Dark Ages #3
Kang the Conqueror #4
Moon Knight #5

Hulk #1
Black Panther #1

Thor #19
X-Men #5

DC INFINITE
Checkmate #3

OTHER PUBLISHERS
Once and Future #13
Once and Future #14
Once and Future #15
Once and Future #16 - added
Manor Black #1
Saga #55
Newburn #1 - added
Newburn #2

Once and Future - Okay, this is taking a turn I didn't expect Smiley

Newburn - A nice first issue. One that pulled me in enough to give it one more at least

Black Panther - Well written, but not enough "wow" to keep me around. Not when I have so much on my plate. Would love to return to this title down the road however.

Hawkeye: Kate Bishop - No. This may be a fine read, especially for the younger crowd, but for me I got turned off by, once again... phones, phones, phones
 Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2022, 01:42:34 PM »

MARVEL UNLIMITED

Amazing Spider-man 79; I hate Kraven the Hunter, THE MOST of any Spidey villain. Yes, I hate him more than Carnage. The best thing to ever happen to this one note, Mary Sue character is shooting his brains out. I like the art on the book though.

Hulk 1; I dug it already! I've liked this persona of Bruce whenever it's been shown in the past.

X-men 5; So, the best thing was with the reporter. Not sure I cared too much beyond any of the presented action.

Death of Dr. Strange 3; Can't believe I've enjoyed Dr. Strange so much, so consistently! Fun read. Cool read.

Symbiote Spider-man Crossroads 5; well, that ended. About all I can say about that. Hulk being inadverdently glib was a lot of fun though.

Thor 19; Thor is great! And due to a snafu, I've got the next 2 issues already downloaded and read. Cheesy

DC INFINITE

New Teen Titans 33-36 ; so much writing, but very tired of Wally being a shit to Raven, and so much of Raven is "I'm so evil, I can't let it out" that this is even spinning tires even for that time of day. And Dick is...a dick!

More of DC when they drop tonight/tomorrow!

UPDATE!!

DC INFINITE

Batman/Superman 21; a little better of a read than the prior issue. Glad to see it resolved, glad to enjoy reading it again, and of course, Ivan Reis!

Superman, Son of Kal-El 2; It's so okay. not sure how that guy got on the roof like he did, but whatevs. I'm hoping for a better, explored version of Jon going forward. Because I miss Jon! *insert obligatory Bendis bashing*

New Teen Titans 37/Tales of New Teen Titans 44/Annual 2-the Judas Contract! Nightwing! It's all there! Cool stuff, so very cool, in watching Dick 'change' from Robin to Nightwing as he talks and discusses who he is, where he's been, and where he's going so very good.
Then the app went garbage, wouldn't load the next 5 issues. So I skipped over to

New Teen Titans 1 & 2. The Terror of Trigon!!! What was AWESOME is that Vic noticed that Raven's face had gotten worse and worse looking over time; I NOTICED IT TOO!! I thought Perez or Giordano was going heavier on the inking, but the girl had gotten really terrible looking; and it was for A REASON. Quite honestly...when was the last time you saw a penciller and writer tell a story that involved the artist telling an understory visually that only the reader would be able to pick up on by looking at the continuing art? And you need a skilled artist to do it! (there probably is an obvious answer somewhere, I just cna't think of it!!)

Detective 1042; okay, a poor ending to this story. I don't know what I expected, but this finale was really...poor. I needed more after the set up.

Wonder Woman 778- Just...reading through it, cuz I've made the time, and I want to know what has happened to the woman now goddess who left reality.

Robin 5; aw, great Nightwing Damian moment! I so totally dug it!!

Action 1034; Hamfisted. Military unnecessarily firing weapons, without provocation...wait...maybe that is a bit too realistic...Sad

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2022, 01:50:55 PM »

Trying to save (what could be) the best for last, but as time is running out, I am busy today and Monday is New COmic Week now (which again, does make sense), I think I may have to (once again) move Dark Ages out from my list. I will get to it eventually.
I hope
 Undecided
Maybe next week?
 Smiley

MARVEL UNLIMITED
Dark Ages #1
Dark Ages #2
Dark Ages #3

Kang the Conqueror #4
Moon Knight #5

Hulk #1
Black Panther #1

Thor #19
X-Men #5

DC INFINITE
Checkmate #3

OTHER PUBLISHERS
Once and Future #13
Once and Future #14
Once and Future #15
Once and Future #16
Manor Black #1
Saga #55
Newburn #1
Newburn #2

Once and Future - Okay, starting to lose me now. Really haven't enjoyed the last two issues the more I think on it  Undecided

Death of Strange - Pretty enjoyable read, but I think they should have planned a little better. Brought Clea back way before doing this arc as it will put Clea in as the Sorcerer Supreme. And I have no issues with that happening, but they are trying to push the emotional connection between Clea and Stephen right now, when Clea hasn't been around in years.  Undecided

Checkmate - Still enjoy this series. So wish it would have came out when it was suppose to, as I remember enjoying the lead up to it (back when I enjoyed Bendis' Action Comics). I still enjoy Lois being the hero and this IS the kind of story that I still enjoy from Bendis, but man it is too late in coming out. And that isn't due to the six month wait for DCI Undecided

Superman/Lobo - Another downer comic for me. Didn't like the art, at all, and couldn't get into the story as much as I had hoped. Will not read the last two  Undecided

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2022, 03:58:30 AM »

Marvel Unlimited
Hulk #1
X-Men #5
Wolverine #18
Thor #19

ComiXology Unlimited
Crossover #11
Newburn #3
Nocterra #7
Basilisk #3
Basilisk #4

Sadly I only read one comic this week.  It just flew by.

Crossover #11 - It’s like I don’t like this but I terribly want to see what happens next.  There must be something wrong with me! I’m not a fan of comic book creators making themselves a major part of the story but I guess it fits here.  And kind of makes sense?  I’m just hoping it ends soon so I can get some kind of closure.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS