HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:16:01 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: May 2022 Solicitations  (Read 1875 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: February 18, 2022, 08:29:40 PM »

A few things of interest and way too much Batman.

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-comics-may-2022-solicitations/
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2022, 08:31:48 PM »

I chuckled when I saw this...

TEEN TITANS ACADEMY #15
Written by TIM SHERIDAN, Art by TOM DERENICK
Cover by TOM DERENICK and MATT HERMS
Variant cover by TODD NAUCK
FINAL ISSUE! In the shadow of the new Titans Tower, the students and faculty decide whether the school is the right place for them.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2022, 01:40:53 PM »

I will be there for the following (once they hit DCI of course  Grin)

- Batman #123 - Or at least I think I will still be on Williamson's go at Bats by this time, but fuck do I hate the F'n idea of having a multi-title crossover so soon. I mean, dude, you just got on the title and you hit us with a cross-title story? With single issues? So soon?  Angry Not as egregious as a Marvel go, but still, damn. And yes I will probably have to try to stay up on all of the titles involved as Williamson is the writer. Usually means a stronger connection to the story when its the same writer doing the x-over. But again  Angry
(unless its good of course)
 Cheesy

- One Dark Knight #3 - A black Label 3 issue mini so yeah, I'm gonna try it, of course. But YAY, more Batman!! DC's only character!!

- Flashpoint Beyond #2-4 - Yeah, of course. All over these!

- Flash: Fastest Man Alive #2 - I may still be on this when it hits. Not sure. Cover looks great, but interiors are not done by cover artist and I'm not a Ferreyra fan normally so...

- Aquaman: Andromeda #1 - Can Ram V make me give more than one shit about Aquaman? Will I once again be able to give two shits about him? The Black Label imprint helps, maybe?

- Danger Street #1- Tom King on yet another 12 issue maxi (most of the past ones should have only been 8 issues maybe?) is both good and scary, especially the way this one sounds (who did what now? Ummm huh?) but even with this funky sounding copy and King being hit or miss, this hitting as a Black Label title and the fact I see Dr. Fate on the cover has me drooling all over my shirt!

- Justice League: Road to Dark Crisis - Of course!! (love tha cover  Grin)

- Batman: Killing Time #3 - Yep!

- Batman/Superman: Worlds Finest - The return of Waid!!! Also has art by Dan Mora, who I have been enjoying in Once and Future!

- Detective Comics #1060 - Was coming back to this when I jump back on Batman, but decided I will do so only if it is a new colorist. Hate Gotham looking like Vegas. Stupid as hell!

- Nightwing #92 - Obviously

- Once Star Squadron - Time to jump on this mini as this is the last issue. Love me some Mark Russell writing!

- Rouges #3- Well, yeah!

- Swamp Thing: Green Hell - Jeff Lemire brings this 3 issue mini to a close so time for me to open it up

A couple notes-
I will probably try the Fables stuff when it is wrapped up.
Also, Jurassic League? Hahaha

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2022, 05:33:10 PM »

- Swamp Thing: Green Hell - Jeff Lemire brings this 3 issue mini to a close so time for me to open it up

As much as I love Jeff Lemire’s work I wasn’t a fan of what he did in Animal Man which tied into Swamp Thing at the time.  I’ll still give this a try but my expectations are ones of cautiousness.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2022, 07:57:25 PM »

As much as I love Jeff Lemire’s work I wasn’t a fan of what he did in Animal Man ...

Hmmm, I think I remember that pretty fondly. But then again, maybe I don't, maybe I only thought I remembered it fondly
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2022, 04:35:38 PM »

Time for me to get in on here!!!

I'll be in the "Shadow War" reading event, so that's

Batman 123, Deathstroke Inc 9, Robin 14, Shadow War Omega 1, Shadow War zone 1..?..why not..?

Batman Annual yep, why not?

Flashpoint Beyond 2, 3, 4; YUP

Flash Fastert man Alive 2...maybe? I don't know the writer at all, and it's about Year One Barry...so..can't say I will or won't...

Action Comics Annual; its more Warworld and Superman , so seems I should!

Action Comics 1043; as of right now, I am reading this. Oh lets face it, if its not Bendis, I'm reading Superman

Aquaman Andromeda-I'm curious as all get out about this "mature label"

Aquamen 4; Double the A-man! Here's hoping I've been enjoying it!

Batgirls 6; I really am looking forward to seeing #1 this month, so here's hoping I see something that I want to read in the next 6 months!

Batman The Knight 5; I like Chip ZDarsky, so I'll 'suffer' for some early Batman tales again Wink

Batman Urban Legends 15; I am STILL onboard this anthology title! I think I'd really like to see a Superman book like this...if any of the characters would remain in a 'small world' capacity, instead of shaking and moving whole planets and galaxies!

Batman/Superman World's Finest 3; YES TO ALL MARK WAID THINGS

Detective Comics 1060; I'm still in on this book. I have liked Mariko Tamaki's writing with Batman

Flash 782; I really need to check out the writer name; I have NOT been following it at all to know if its the same guy!

Justice League road to Dark Crisis 1 -YES. Curse you DC!! Making me want to see this so often! Grin

Nightwing 92; great book. great book by TOM TAYLOR:)

One-star Squadron 6; I'm gonna read this, I think!

Rogues 3; well ti's Josh Williamson, so why ain't I reading it?  Roll Eyes Grin

Suicide Squad 15; I've been reading it all along! I'll read the finish!

Superman Son of Kal-El 11; I'll be there ...still trying it...I hope TOM TAYLOR really winds it up better!

Wonder Woman 787; why not....

and NO GREEN LANTERN TITLE?
NO Justice League title proper?

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS