HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:04:20 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Joker 2 premieres in theaters October 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Back from the dead, Genis-Vell returns in a new Captain Marvel series  (Read 1899 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: February 25, 2022, 07:29:49 PM »

Genis-Vell is back. The son of the original Captain Marvel Mar-Vell recently returned from his 2006 death in writer Kelly Thompson's 'The Last of the Marvels' storyline in the ongoing Captain Marvel series.

Now he's back from the dead enough to star in his own five-issue limited series, the June-debuting Genis-Vell: Captain Marvel.

The series is written by Peter David and illustrated by Juanan Ramírez and will see Genis-Vell reunite with his former partner from decades past, the Marvel Universe's human Swiss-Army knife Rick Jones, who has also returned from being dead.

According to Marvel, their adventure "spans the Marvel Cosmos" and involves a mystery involving "Death itself."

Now both alive again, the former partners reunite and Rick needs to save them both before they fade out of existence. And Rick's ex-wife Marlo might the key.

"I never thought I'd have the opportunity to return to Genis, what with him being dead and all. But apparently, death never lasts...which is actually one of the themes of the limited series I came up with," David says in Marvel's announcement. "It's great to be back with Genis, Rick, Marlo, and the whole Genis-Vell gang."

The third Captain Marvel, Genis-Vell first appeared in 1993's Silver Surfer Annual #6 under the superhero codename legacy with a costume and headdress straight out of the decade. He starred in three series during the '90s and early '00s, the latter two written by David.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2022, 08:43:23 PM »

I bet Jimmy is squealing with excitement!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2022, 09:52:43 PM »

I remember collecting the trading cards.  I love that it has Jack of Hearts in the lower corner and he's just back from the dead.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 10:08:08 PM by Gay Titan » Logged
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2022, 04:53:04 AM »

I bet Jimmy is squealing with excitement!

I am ! I came here just to do so!

YYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

I'M BUYING PHYSICAL COMICS FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 7 YEARS!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2022, 01:15:02 AM »

I'm in too. Still enjoy PAD and love the character.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2022, 11:10:20 AM »

I'm in too.

Wringer lives!!!

Hey man, hope all is well!
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2022, 02:07:43 PM »

I've been gushing in wondering what this will be.

Genis and Rick, friends, but not bonded? I hope?

Will Genis have some of his cosmic awareness? Will this slightly younger version be able to see where he had gone with his actions?

Will the younger one pull 'himself' out of the length of eternity to become whole again?

Will Rick be there to remind 'Marv' of what they meant to each other?  Will Marv remember?

Oh, I'm so BUZZED!!!! I'm GIDDY AND LIGHTHEADED!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS