HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:43:47 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader, February 9, 2022  (Read 3666 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2022, 04:28:22 PM »

DC Universe Infinite
Nice House on the Lake #3
Titans United #6

Infinite Frontier #3
Justice League #64 - JL Dark backup story only
Justice League #65 - JL Dark backup story only
Justice League #66 - JL Dark backup story only
Robin #4

Batman #110
Batman #111
Detective Comics #1039
Detective Comics #1040
Batman: The Detective #4

------------------------------------------------------

Infinite Frontier #3 - another good chapter in the story. Nice seeing some of the old characters from previous decades. Looking forward to where this winds up.

Justice League #64-66 - JL Dark backup story only - Aaaaaaahhhh.  This felt like reading a whole story.  If only I had waited one more issue I’d have got the end as well. Good story.  JL Dark really needs their own comic.

Robin #4 - part of me wants to finish this arc and part of me wants to bail on this book.  I’m leaning towards bail.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2022, 08:57:32 PM »

I did some more!

MARVEL UNLIMITED
Darkhawk 1-3; it's NOT Chris Powell, but it deals a lot with Multiple Sclerosis, and I find this influence to be a really good thing to read!

DC INFINITE

Robins 4; this suddenly popped up at the end of the week; weird! And it was not a good issue. Made me shudder with how poor it was. Now I'm just thankful that there is only 1 issue left.

New Teen Titans 23-27 Annual #1; the end of the initial Black fire encounter; X'hal is actually a recreated god being? Kori's family is alive, Terra's first appearance, Dick and Kori start doing some dating, fun, good stuff.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2022, 09:17:20 PM »

New Teen Titans 23-27 Annual #1; [.....] Dick and Kori start doing some dating, fun, good stuff.

I always preferred them as a couple over Nightwing and Batgirl.  Kori brought fun to the always serious Nightwing.  I wish DC would have kept this relationship going instead of always sending him back to Barbara.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2022, 04:41:08 AM »

DC Universe Infinite
Titans United #6

Infinite Frontier #3
Robin #4

Batman #110
Batman #111

Detective Comics #1039
Detective Comics #1040

Batman #110 & 111 - an OK story. I’m actually kind of tired of the Peacemaker-01 storyline. Not really looking forward to the Fear State story arc either. But I love Batman so I guess I’m on for a little while longer.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2022, 06:18:49 PM »

DC Universe Infinite
Titans United #6

Infinite Frontier #3
Robin #4

Batman #110
Batman #111

Detective Comics #1039
Detective Comics #1040

Detective Comics #1039 & 1040 - I’m thinking of dropping this and Batman.  I’m just not enjoying these like I should be.  Especially since Batman is my favorite DC character.

Batman: The Detective #4 - Still enjoying this title. Love the use of Squire in this story. We’re building up to big fight with these Equilibrium people and it won’t end wel for them!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2022, 09:47:26 PM »

Detective Comics #1039 & 1040 - I’m thinking of dropping this and Batman.  I’m just not enjoying these like I should be.  Especially since Batman is my favorite DC character.

This is weird; I'm really enjoying both, but with Detective edging out Batman just a bit.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2022, 12:24:52 AM »

Oh joy, like I needed anymore confusion in my head about when to start reading the two main Bat books again Cheesy Cheesy

Now I have no idea what to do.
 Grin  Cheesy  Cry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2022, 11:16:53 AM »

Noctura #1
Noctura #2
Noctura #3
Noctura #4
Noctura #5
Noctura #6
Geiger #1
Geiger #2
Geiger #3
Geiger #4
Geiger #5
Geiger #6

Geiger - Over the past few years, mostly during his absence from the medium, I have grown to really enjoy the memory in what I read of Geoff Johns stuff. Well, maybe "respect" it more than "enjoy" because that Shazam mini was pretty bad, no really bad. But good writers are allowed to have a stinker or two mixed in with all the really good stuff they have done.  Smiley For me this series lands somewhere in the middle. It seems to be a pretty decent paint by numbers story but while I am not overly enamored by what is going on, I do see cracks in the story that Johns has placed that could widen and make this title something more. One that I could really enjoy.
So while I am not currently enthralled enough to be excited by new issues being released, I think I am won over enough to come back and read the next 5 or 6 issue run to see if it does expand from its current use of the paint brush

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2022, 03:52:14 PM »

This is weird; I'm really enjoying both, but with Detective edging out Batman just a bit.

Oh joy, like I needed anymore confusion in my head about when to start reading the two main Bat books again Cheesy Cheesy

Now I have no idea what to do.
 Grin  Cheesy  Cry

I’m not really enjoying the villains and I don’t like the new status quo for Bruce’s world.  Maybe I just need a break.  It’s happened before where I’ve gotten tired of the Bat books and then come back later after a break only to wind up enjoying it.  That might be the case here.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2022, 04:41:52 PM »

I’m not really enjoying the villains and I don’t like the new status quo for Bruce’s world.  Maybe I just need a break.  It’s happened before where I’ve gotten tired of the Bat books and then come back later after a break only to wind up enjoying it.  That might be the case here.

Oh I get that. 100%. Maybe step aside now so you can be ready for when Williamson takes over Batman with #118 ... I think that is the number... and I think that is the title  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2022, 03:29:02 AM »

Oh I get that. 100%. Maybe step aside now so you can be ready for when Williamson takes over Batman with #118 ... I think that is the number... and I think that is the title  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Ha! Yeah that would probably do it!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2022, 06:10:39 PM »

Finished the small, simple list over a couple days ago and had time to read some more last night

Noctura #1
Noctura #2
Noctura #3
Noctura #4
Noctura #5
Noctura #6

Geiger #1
Geiger #2
Geiger #3
Geiger #4
Geiger #5
Geiger #6

Basilisk #1
Basilisk #2
Basilisk #3
Basilisk #4
Basilisk #5

Noctura - Meh, it's okay I guess. Decent though not amazing art, but not great enough to spend more of my (limited) money on.

Basilisk - Wanted to take a chance on another Bunn horror book and this one, while not a true "horror" (but I guess it would be classified as such) was a good one for me. This was pretty good. About these being with "sense power" (?) As a story, I can only see this being a limited series, or at least I suspect, but I see there are two more issues out now and while I am not paying full price, I will get the one, cheaper issue #6 to read for next week
 Grin

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS