HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 02:03:08 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Reacher on Amazon  (Read 1392 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: February 07, 2022, 02:37:08 PM »

Who's watching this? I am five episodes into the first season and LOVE it.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2022, 05:31:10 PM »

Really enjoyed the first episode. Thought the second one was crap, but it came back around in the third and fourth... mostly

I think Richson is perfect for Reacher, no doubt. He is just as described in the book series (well close enough to it at least, he is only an inch or two shorter than Reacher is in the books, much better than short ass Tom Cruise anyway  Grin), but I don't like the way he is shown so heartless and aloof in this series, so uncaring at times. He just doesn't "care" enough. The books did a good job of showing his roughness and strength, but also gave him more empathy than they are showing him capable of as of yet. I am assuming it is for "character growth" so I will give it a pass.

But little things, like the hotel...
why a "hotel" and not a motel?
Hotels do not except cash, motels will do so on occasion
Nice Hotel beds are secured in place to the headboard, he would never have been able to slide one, but a motel bed? You can move those all over the place. Why change it? So they can have sex in a "nicer" shower so we can see her tits and his ass? Maybe?  Grin

Also hate how, like most network tv, they are holding our damn hand so much. They are going so far out of the way to explain Every. Little. Thing. and not trusting the viewers to figure some shit out by ourselves that it gets frustrating. Be our guide to the story, don't point out every little thing. No need to do that.

Its little things like those, that make no true difference to the story or characters overall but that they change without thinking or caring, that causes me to hate stuff like that. I mean sure its nothing really, but if its nothing stop doing it...  Cheesy

Then on the flip side of telling us everything, they remove some things that should or could set the tone of a character? Like when he just shoots two guys in the back for no F'n reason other than they were following him? Sure we find out (here and in the book) that they are out to kill him, but in the book they discuss killing Reacher and how they got paid for doing so and he... overhears them (I believe) and so he shoots them because it is them or him. But here, two guys follow him and he shoots them in the back? What a coward thing to do! But like I always say "changes are fine when it is in a different format" so that stuff, while bothering me, I can get over. Again, different medium, different things can happen. If I like them or not. And I don't
 Grin

I can only judge what I am seeing and while I like this show, I hope it gets a little better at the same time. And I think it will.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2022, 01:53:33 PM »

This guy was tickling my brain the whole time. Where have I seen this actor?

OH YEAH.

He played Aquaman, "A.C.", on Smallville, multiple times!

This guy got HUGE!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2022, 12:22:44 AM »

Grin

He also played Hawk in Titans

Finished this a couple nights ago. Ugh, that last episode was atrocious. All the things I hate in network tv all rolled into one episode.
 Tongue

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2022, 01:37:49 PM »

Grin

He also played Hawk in Titans

Finished this a couple nights ago. Ugh, that last episode was atrocious. All the things I hate in network tv all rolled into one episode.
 Tongue

Finished it last night. I understand what you mean. Uber-machismo. But I am still stoked for season 2.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS