HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 03:03:06 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DC Comics Cancels Joelle Jones' Wonder Girl Early With #7  (Read 2353 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: January 24, 2022, 10:26:29 PM »

Posted on Bleeding Cool

Is this what happens when the planned TV series doesn't happen? Wonder Girl, the new comic book series starring Yara Flor as a future Wonder Woman was originally conceived for Dan DiDio's 5G reboot of DC Comics in which she would have been Wonder Woman. A TV series starring the Brazilian character was planned but was recently cancelled.

And now the comic book has joined its fate. February's solicited Wonder Girl #8 has now been cancelled, the series will conclude with #7 later this week.  Already created content for the now-cancelled comic books will instead appear inside the upcoming event book Trial of the Amazons: Wonder Girl #1 and #2. DC Comics has told comic book retailers to look for more news on the character's future to come.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2022, 01:45:00 AM »

Hmm. First 2 issues were pretty decent, being honest. Enough of a mystery, enough of old world myth, and using Diana's past characters to draw me in.

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 04:55:12 PM »

Read the final issue last night and was thoroughly NOT impressed. This series would have died regardless.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2022, 11:00:29 PM »

Now it becomes, do I bother reading issue 3 and more with that kind of recommendation and knowledge the book has been mercy killed?

Probably won't keep up then.

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2022, 07:08:45 PM »

Give it six months and get the tradepaper from your local library.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS