HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 02:04:47 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nubia & the Amazons  (Read 2417 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: October 18, 2021, 07:07:07 PM »

Not sure about this one, but suppose to tie heavily into next year's big WW crossover event.

Nubia & the Amazons #1 (of 6)

Written by Vita Ayala - Stephanie Williams.
Art and Cover by Alitha Martinez.
After the thrilling events of Infinite Frontier, Nubia becomes queen of Themyscira, but the new title also brings challenges. With the unexpected arrival of new Amazons, our hero is forced to reckon with her past and forge a new path forward for her sisters. Little does she know, a great evil grows beneath the island and it’s up to this former guardian of Doom’s Doorway to unite her tribe before paradise is lost forever! This unforgettable miniseries from writers Vita Ayala and Stephanie Williams, along with all-star artist Alitha Martinez (Future State) brings the fan-favorite character back to the DCU for good. After Nubia, the world of the Amazons will never be the same!
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 10:10:44 PM »

I read the Future State story with Nubia and didn't really care for it.  Did you like it?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2021, 11:49:09 AM »

I read the Future State story with Nubia and didn't really care for it.  Did you like it?

Didn't read it. Picked up Future State: Gotham and Future State: Teen Titans (which SUCKED). The rest I skipped and took those two months to get caught up on older issues and other titles.
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2021, 02:58:42 PM »

Read the first issue yesterday and was not repulsed by it. It's building to something bigger and was an okay read.
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2021, 07:21:15 PM »

the second issue was a little better.

Written by Vita Ayala, Stephanie Williams.
Art by Alitha Martinez, Mark Morales. Cover by Alitha Martinez.

The unrest surrounding Nubias ascension is rising fast! The politics of her new role and responsibilities as guardian of Dooms Doorway have led to rumblings that she isnt quite ready to lead. How can she prove her worthiness? As any monarch on Paradise Island would…an Amazon fight club!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS